Team-BHP - New Bosch Wiper Blades Squeeky..!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   New Bosch Wiper Blades Squeeky..! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/14514-new-bosch-wiper-blades-squeeky.html)

Hi,

I just replaced the Old wiper blade set on my Lancer to New Bosch Ones...However the blades are squeeky and are running a little slower than usual...I tried oiling the Wiper Springs, but the squek still is there specially on the driver side blade...! Is it normal for new blades to run squeeky and then adjust...I was earlier on Syndicate which I had got replaced 2 years back...These Bosch ones are the OEM for Lancer- Bought them for Rs.260.

regards

Hei, its supposed to be Bosch right? I too did change my Xing's wiper at 112Rs! NOt a Bosch one though. Hyundai OEM thingy.

And I too think I haev the squeaky problem.

Are they really bosch?

I havenot seen a pair of bosch wipers for less than 360

Forgive me hijacking this thread!!!!

I have an issue with my wiper blades too,
They're new Syndicate ones, however the springs in the arms are not pressing the blades tight against the windscreen, so the sweep across the screen is not clean!!!

What do i do?

Does Bosch just make blades or arms also?? Would they have a set for my car???

I had used syndicate last monsoon today i went in for Bosch for my zen, they are simply superb. It cost me 350 bucks for the front two blades. Alas Bosch dosent make blades for the rear viper i have to use syndicate (80 Rs) there.
The difference is clearly visible between the two.
Bosch anytime...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edmund

They're new Syndicate ones, however the springs in the arms are not pressing the blades tight against the windscreen, so the sweep across the screen is not clean!!!

What do i do?

change spring I guess!

Wolf-I am afraid you are stuck with fake BOSCH. Most of the market is flooded with the fakes. I need to change my accord blades too and want to get Bosch ones but i don't know who to go to for orignal ones? The fakes looks so real thats its impossible for us to tell.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfinstein
Hi,
I just replaced the Old wiper blade set on my Lancer to New Boch Ones...However the blades are squeeky and are running a little slower than usual...I tried oiling the Wiper Springs, but the squek still is there specially on the driver side blade...! Is it normal for new blades to run squeeky and then adjust...I was earlier on Syndicate which I had got replaced 2 years back...These Boch ones are the OEM for Lancer- Bought them for Rs.260.
regards

Try adding a little Sampoo in the widscreen washer sump. If you face this problem on the highways and no help is available close by, rub any soap on the glass and if thats not available either, buy a ciggarette and rub the tobacco on the glass, the squeaking will stop immediately.

Because of fresh rubber the friction is more and hence the slow speed. You can also slightly twist the wiper arm with a pair of cutting pliers close to the pivot of wiper blade in a clockwise motion. This will make the edge of the blade exactly perpendicular to glass surface. This small adjustment would make a remarkable change. Alternatively any electrician will be able to help you out. Never apply liquid silicone, like STP's Son of a Gun on the wiper blades.

So long....

Quote:

What do i do?

Ed change the wiper arms get new Syndicate wiper arms for the old model, left and right is seperate. It cost me 110 bucks each.

And the wiper blade i'm using is Sondally, i haven't heard of the company before but cover says it's imported and marketed locally and the quality is very good. I'm using the one for current model 800's. The main advantage is that the blade will fit a variety of arms, didn't have any trouble fitting onto the old model's push in snap fit arm. It cost me 125 bucks each. 250 for a pair.

I had a complete list of the Bosch wiper blades available here, the tvm Bosch dealer put a pamphlet under the wiper of my car when it was parked that's how i got it. I'll put it up if i can find it. All the available wipers are listed with the length in inches. And they're giving an 'umbrella' free with every purchase :D

bloody hell! M800 wipers for 250 and Santro's for 112!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas
bloody hell! M800 wipers for 250 and Santro's for 112!!!

It's not Syndicate or Camoflex or Wipe, It's not an Indian made one, it's imported and marketed here. It's 250 for a pair not for a single blade.

The Santro ones for 112, is it for a pair or for each blade?

Damn it ... it never rains in DELHI :(

Sankar, the wiper arms are new man, i think the springs used in them are quite incompotent will the newer 800\'s full wiper assenbly fit???

My main concern arose from the Alibaug drive, we were in Shrivz\' baleno on the expressway and we drove through a cloudburst, the baleno\'s wipers were on full speed [a wiper speed that my 800 cant even dream about!!] and we had only 5mtrs visibility for 1 second intervals!!! It is scary to think about going through that intensity of rain with my car!!!

The good thing was that we were on the expressway so traffic was predictible and the roads are good!!!

Quote:

Sankar, the wiper arms are new man, i think the springs used in them are quite incompotent will the newer 800\'s full wiper assenbly fit???

My main concern arose from the Alibaug drive, we were in Shrivz\' baleno on the expressway and we drove through a cloudburst, the baleno\'s wipers were on full speed [a wiper speed that my 800 cant even dream about!!] and we had only 5mtrs visibility for 1 second intervals!!! It is scary to think about going through that intensity of rain with my car!!!

The good thing was that we were on the expressway so traffic was predictible and the roads are good!!!

Ed, the newer 800s wiper arms could be made to fit, you\'ll have to change the little thing onto which the arms are fitted. I had a plan to get it done the mech said it\'s a half days job. But man you try changing the current arm to a newer arm i have no problem with the syndicate arm and the current blades.

The wiper speed is one thing i wish for. During heavy downpours the wiper speed isn\'t enough. But it can be done!! Get a newer model\'s wiper motor with three speeds!! You should change the steering column switch too. Then you can have slow, intermittent and fast, but it\'ll be expensive though!!

i bought my esteem bosch for 450......maybe i got ripped off but they run like a dream.....very smooth......smoother than the oems.....try getting the MOTOR checked.....the motor might be jammed.....that must be causing the squeak