Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2016, 09:15   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Shell engine oils & automotive lubricants. Available online

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
On the back of the collective wisdom of bhpians I have ordered Shell Ultra on Amazon for my Skoda.
I hope it turns out to be genuine. The seller is EReliable. I have mailed them also.
As an engineer, nothing gives the jitters like bad lub oil.
Thanks folks.
I hope you made sure the oil is compatible with your car. Couple of my friends bought the oil then saw that their engines needed a higher spec oil
Old 1st March 2016, 09:09   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
I hope you made sure the oil is compatible with your car. Couple of my friends bought the oil then saw that their engines needed a higher spec oil
Agree with SunnyBoi. You should check specification for your engine and then buy this. Though it will not be an overkill to use this in Indian conditions, just for the sake of standard practices.
Old 1st March 2016, 13:01   #33
BANNED

Shell Helix Ultra is a good fully synthetic oil and was widely used by the VAG group until recently.
Skoda had placed Shell Helix stickers inside the bonnet too. No fear from that end.
The issue is about the genuineness of the oil which has been confirmed by EReliable who is the seller under the Amazon umbrella.
The rest is yet to unfold !!
Old 23rd September 2022, 09:59   #34
Senior - BHPian

Online trading of engine oils is a counterfeit galore. Posting my experience buying Shell Helix engine oil online. (Amazon, Etrade online)

This is how the box was delivered:

Shell engine oils & automotive lubricants. Available online-img20220922123153.jpg

And as expected, there was no QR code under the cap:

Shell engine oils & automotive lubricants. Available online-front_label.jpg

I am lucky that Amazon refunded me. Their fulfillment promise is pure gold.

This is not all. Online buyers don't seem to care about whether or not there is a QR code. Some just say that they got genuine oil but there was a coupon under the cap. They think that it is to be expected so when buying online.

A friend if mine got the oil with a coupon under the cap when he bought it in early 2022. The manufacturing was in mid-2021. However, the QR code popped up a message online which read "This is valid till April 2020". This could be a case of the refill/counterfeit guy using an old coupon or reprinting copies of an old coupon to stick it under the cap. 90% of buyers will be happy seeing the coupon and won't bother to scan it.

Last edited by clevermax : 23rd September 2022 at 10:03.
Old 23rd September 2022, 10:37   #35
Senior - BHPian

^^ We should never buy any reputed brand of oil online to save a couple of hundred rupees and risk getting fake oil. Always buy at the authorized outlet even if they sell on MRP and get peace of mind. Else tell our A.S.S. to fill if they have it. After all most of us change oil only once a year.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th September 2022 at 17:04. Reason: Typo.
Gansan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed