Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2006, 12:42   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareone
Again the Same Problem Started...

Now i m not able 2 drive the car bcoz of the jhatka's.

Now i need 2 solve this problem as soon as possible...

Plz help
Hey,

What have you done to the car in the past month. Did you go to a service centre or change anything.

Viper
Old 24th July 2006, 13:11   #17
BHPian

Sounds like one or more cylinders are surely misfiring!

First, try to figure out which one(s), here's how:
1. Park the car in a safe place and let the engine idle.
2. Assuming that the engine is idling roughly, disconnect the spark plug wires (one at a time) and note whether the idle becomes more rough before plugging it back in.
3. If you find that disconnecting a particular spark plug has no effect on the engine's smoothness, you have located a misfiring cylinder.

If you managed to locate the errant cylinder, try a few simple remedies before handing over the keys to the mechs.:

If your car is an MPFI, try disconnecting the injector connector for the misfiring cylinder and spraying a little WD-40 or equivalent into the connector and the pins on the injector. Make a note of any damaged / cut wires in the vicinity. (The WD-40 thing solved a similar problem on my Esteem)

If you fancy yourself as a Do - It - Yourself mechanic, take out the spark plug and examine it for obvious damage. Try exchanging it with a "known good" cylinder's plug. If the problem "moves" to the other cylinder, then replace the plug.

Try the same with the spark plug cables (if they reach).

- T u r b o C -
Old 24th July 2006, 15:13   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hey,

What have you done to the car in the past month. Did you go to a service centre or change anything.

Viper
Not much of a change done...

But this jhatkaproblem started soon after i had given my car for a fuel injector cleaning process.

Then someone told me 2 change the spark plug so i changed from sharayu hyundai for a temp basis. the problem got less. only i used 2 feel the missing in 2nd gear.

But now it started again as it was b4...
Old 24th July 2006, 17:01   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareone
Not much of a change done...

But this jhatkaproblem started soon after i had given my car for a fuel injector cleaning process.

Then someone told me 2 change the spark plug so i changed from sharayu hyundai for a temp basis. the problem got less. only i used 2 feel the missing in 2nd gear.

But now it started again as it was b4...

Hi,

I think you need to change your plugs and or plug wires(advise both). If problem does not go with that you may have to change your coil as well.

Viper
Old 24th July 2006, 19:11   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hi,

I think you need to change your plugs and or plug wires(advise both). If problem does not go with that you may have to change your coil as well.

Viper
Thnx alot for the advice Viper.

But as i told ya i had changed the Spark Plugs earlier...

So do i need 2 change t again

And if i m changing do i go in fr a performance Spark Plugs (NGK ones)

Also get the Wiring also done from 4 seasons...

About the Coil thing where do i get these change from Sharayu Hyundai or any other good mechanic since the sharayu guyz take more days due 2 waiting.

And how much wud these changes cost me...

Plz Reply
Old 3rd August 2006, 18:17   #21
BHPian

No solution yet

Hi Guyz

Now i have had a check on my cars various parts are suggested by you people.

Checked and cleaned the fuel injector

Checked Spark plug wires with multimeter and also by replacing with new ones.

Checked the car by computer scan

Found a problem in map sensor so the mechanic replaced it with new ones and checked no improvement

Also found a fault in oxgyen sensor. the mechanic opened and checked the sensor and said the window in it was jammed so he removed the carbon, cleaned and put it again.

but the same jerking problem persisted

Also removed the rare muffler bcoz another mechanic told tht cud be also jammed and could coz the jerks

So replaced the Sports muffler with the stock ones which i had earlier

No improvement yet.

Has also fixed a appointment with viper. Now wat 2 do. wat cud b the problem...
Old 3rd August 2006, 21:50   #22
Senior - BHPian

emm, change teh driver

its funny. How abt a bad fuel problem, dust/rust in tank..me just guessing. perplexed I am.
Old 3rd August 2006, 22:05   #23
BHPian

i dont knw its not the bad fuel problem coz the bad fuel problem wudnt be there for such a long period.

Dont know much about the rust in fuel tank

May be someone here can elaborate...
Old 4th August 2006, 10:32   #24
BHPian

How to check if the valves are not seating properly and the head has to come out...
Old 4th August 2006, 11:36   #25
BANNED

Hey,

I thought you were supposed to have your car inspected today.

Viper
Old 29th November 2006, 12:08   #26
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I know this is very old thread but I found similar problem in my Santro (LS 2000 , 35000 Kms on odo) on sunday while travelling from Dadar to Dombivali.
I was driving the car from Dadar with AC on and music system running. After crossing Mhape (just before reaching Sheel Phata), I came across the same problem. The road had some ascend and there I felt the same problem and jerks. Initially I thought it might be due to the inadequate torque so shifted gradually down to second from fourth gear (car was doing around 35 - 40 KMPH) and turned the AC off. But no success..although the engine was running, there was no effect on pushing the accelerator. But miraculesly the problem and jerks were gone in 15 /20 seconds. Then the car was running properly for around 2/3 KMS and again the same problem was repeated for couple of more times on the normal plain road. This time I parked the car on the sideways, shut down the engin for a min or so and then started again. Then there was no problem at all.
Had shown the car to the authorised Hyundai dealer same day. He took a test run of the car and there was no problem during that. (Even while driving back to mumbai, there was no problem..only thing is I was driving with AC off). He told me that this could be due to the dust in the fuel or might be the fuel pump problem. (although I am filling up the fuel from my regular petrol).
One thing to mentioned here is two weeks back, my car has undergone the regular servicing and I had done the carbon cleaning (injector cleaning).
After that day, I have hardly driven the car...so I am not sure whether the problem still persists / not (and if its only the dust in the fuel as mentioned by the service person).
Hey rareone, is your problem solved? BHpians Please help me out.
Thanks,
Amit
Old 29th November 2006, 13:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

I used to have this problem in my ford ikon 1.3 i changed the spark-plugs and the High-Tension cables(spark-plug cables) it used to leave the acceleration,after changing that problem is gone,i hope yours to will go if its similar
Old 30th November 2006, 19:15   #28
BHPian

the same thing used to happen in my car
but in my case it was a faulty camshaft position sensor
Old 12th July 2007, 17:35   #29

engine-missing-problem-santro

Hi,

The problem seems to be due to the saprk plug cable (that we commonly refer to) might be they have gone old or the connector has developed some kinda problem. Normally what happens that the cable and the cylindrical connection metal within the thick jacket which goes to the spark plug develops loose connection or the connection wear out leading to loose connection. You can verify it by pulling open the connectors and looking into the connection point. For this your car might also feel a bit sluggish and the vibration of the car might also increase, mileage also drops a little in santro. You can go in and change the cables in the work shop.The cables cost you around Rs. 305-310 a piece. You can change the ones which needs replacement but ideally you should change the set (4 nos.) and go in for a Engine tuning after that in a Hyundai authorised Service centre. The total cost will not be more than Rs. 1500 + Taxes.

Hope this helps
Old 15th July 2007, 11:24   #30
BANNED

DO you have smoke on the silencer ?Incase you do have , when was the last time you changed oil ?After changing the oil is the oil viscosity normal ?Are the spark plugs oily ?

Most Viewed