Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2006, 11:55   #1
BHPian

Engine misfiring problem in my Santro

Hi all TBHPian's

This is my 1st post in this section with a problem i m facing in my santro.
My Santro Zip Plus is 3 years old, since few days i m facing a unknown problem in it. The problem is a engine missing problem (even whn the vehicle is moving suddenly i feell a missing of acceleration even whn the accelerator is pressed due to which in motion i get breaks in the continous acceleration and bcoz of which the car give jhatka's) as soon i got this problem i showed it 2 the nearest Sharyu Hyundai Workshop after checking they told 2 change the spark plugs which i changed, that time after changing the spark plugs the car was running fine, but now again since a day or 2 i m feeling the same missing in only the 2nd gear and sometimes in 3rd gear but as soon i put the 4th or 5th gear the missing problem is gone.

Before changing the spark plug whn i had the same problem it was in all the gears and a bit more missing than now.

Now i wud like 2 knw from all u technical gurus please tell me watz the problem. Some mechanic at Hyundai told me it will go if u do Clutch Overhual or Changing the ECM or ECU cable. but they are not sure abt which part has 2 be changed.

Please try 2 help me out. If u need more details abt the problem please feel free 2 ask.

Thank You
Old 26th June 2006, 12:12   #2
BHPian

Spark Plug cord or the ECM cable ??
Old 26th June 2006, 12:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

if plugs are ok then check the injectors
Old 26th June 2006, 12:21   #4
BHPian

Actually recently i had given my car Fuel Injector cleaning and immediately after tht i got the problem then i changed the Spark Plugs and now again the same problem within a span of just 1 month.
Old 26th June 2006, 12:23   #5
BANNED

Hi,

How many kms has your car run for and when was the last time you got your injectors and filters cleaned/changed.

I would also suspect the plug wires, but if they are faulty then the car should be missing all the time. I think what you maybe experiencing is a flat spot. Get all your filters cleaned, injectors cleaned in a machineadjust all plug gaps and get your plug wires checked using a multimeter.

Also get the car scanned at a authorised service centre where any electrical/sensor related faults can be identified/eliminated.

It is definitely not the clutch.

Viper
Old 26th June 2006, 12:31   #6
BHPian

My car has completed around 51,000kms and just a month back i had cleaned the fuel injectors and abt the Air filter i have installed a K&N Air filter about 6 months back.
Old 26th June 2006, 16:51   #7
BHPian

Also i wud like 2 knw how do we clean the K&N STock filter.
Old 26th June 2006, 18:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareone
My car has completed around 51,000kms and just a month back i had cleaned the fuel injectors and abt the Air filter i have installed a K&N Air filter about 6 months back.
The HT cable could be having problems.

Rajesh, Alleppey, Kerala
(Marina LS BSIII, Oct 05, 11912 kms, 14.48 kpl, KL 04 T7722, 51km/day)
(Innova V Diesel, Jun 05, 12834 kms, 12.40 kpl, KL 04 S6336, 36km/day)
Old 26th June 2006, 18:59   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk
The HT cable could be having problems.
Will you please explain me wats HT cable.
Old 26th June 2006, 19:28   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Will you please explain me wats HT cable.
Hi,

HT cable are spark plug wires.

Viper
Old 27th June 2006, 00:43   #11
BHPian

first of all hope the plugs are wired in properly, loose fix may be misfire issue

also since u did the injector check recently recheck that as this could be the problem

get the valve seat checked, and the nozzle. my zeroing seems to be imporper valve seat setting leading to the misfiring.

if u r sure its not the above then then ur distributor needs a check

Last edited by 2fast4u : 27th June 2006 at 00:44.
Old 27th June 2006, 02:39   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all TBHPian's

This is my 1st post in this section with a problem i m facing in my santro.
My Santro Zip Plus is 3 years old, since few days i m facing a unknown problem in it. The problem is a engine missing problem (even whn the vehicle is moving suddenly i feell a missing of acceleration even whn the accelerator is pressed due to which in motion i get breaks in the continous acceleration and bcoz of which the car give jhatka's) as soon i got this problem i showed it 2 the nearest Sharyu Hyundai Workshop after checking they told 2 change the spark plugs which i changed, that time after changing the spark plugs the car was running fine, but now again since a day or 2 i m feeling the same missing in only the 2nd gear and sometimes in 3rd gear but as soon i put the 4th or 5th gear the missing problem is gone.

Before changing the spark plug whn i had the same problem it was in all the gears and a bit more missing than now.

Now i wud like 2 knw from all u technical gurus please tell me watz the problem. Some mechanic at Hyundai told me it will go if u do Clutch Overhual or Changing the ECM or ECU cable. but they are not sure abt which part has 2 be changed.

Please try 2 help me out. If u need more details abt the problem please feel free 2 ask.

Thank You
im not too sure what your trying to say but i think i have a similar problem in my santro too.when i start the car and put it in first gear the engine doesnt respond too well and the car accelerates pretty slowly and then suddenly after around 5 seconds the acceleration becomes normal and the car jerks forward. no idea why this takes place but it happens only when i just start the car.
Old 27th June 2006, 10:42   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hi, i experienced a smiliar problem with my car in the past. The car used to run fine then the missing and jhatkas start. Changed the spark plugs taking the advise from the mech but it gave a temporary betterment to the situation but didn't rectify it. I changed the plug wires again it didn't solve the problem. Mech told me that the valves are not seating properly and the head has to come out.

But before i agreed to that i changed the ignition coil on a hunch, and the problem was rectified. It was because the coil was getting hot and when the coil is failing it won't be able to work consistently when it's hot.

@rareone:You'rs is a MPFI car, there's a lot of electronics involved. But before you agree to the workshop to do any major work just check the minor things.
Old 27th June 2006, 10:47   #14
BHPian

Thanx Sankar,

Also i wud like 2 add few points 2 my problem. Yesterday whn i was driving with the ac off and windows open i didnt get the feeling of the jhatka's and missing of the engine but after sometime i put the ac on i was facing a little bit of missing. since i didnt go for a long drive it was pretty less.

Tht makes me say the problem mainly occurs when i drive the car for more tiime say more than 30mins or 45 mins. and in short drives its not there.

Now wat wud b this????
Old 24th July 2006, 11:31   #15
BHPian

Again the Same Problem Started...

Now i m not able 2 drive the car bcoz of the jhatka's.

Now i need 2 solve this problem as soon as possible...

Plz help

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks