Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2014, 11:17   #1
BANNED

2014 Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI troubles! EDIT: It's a fake complaint

Hey BHPians

Me and my brother picked up two Octavia 1.8TSI from Gurudev motors in Chennai 15 days ago. Coming from a Cruze it was a step up on ride quality and a marginal power increase. I love the smoothness of the petrol.

Then all hell struck

Last week my car kept losing power every time I floored it a little hard with weird clink clank noises coming from under the car. I stopped it on the side and called Skoda. They took over an hour and half to get there and were not interested to fix anything.

They blindly towed the car back as I was left without a vehicle for a day. After four days of no communication (I wonder how interested they are in their brand name) I found out that the car was simply lying at their service centre for 2 days unattended.

They then called me and tried convincing me that there was nothing wrong with the car and loss of power was "in my mind". I threatened to sue and the manager told me he will look in to it.

Finally, They call me last Thursday and tell me there was a gearbox failure and that they have replaced it. I picked up my car and curtly told them I will ask for a replacement next time.

Then this weekend I and my wife drive out to tirupati. On my way back the AC stops working... a few kms later the turn assist lights cause the headlights to shut everytime I turn.

I was pissed out of my mind.

Eventually, at around 11pm I use the blinker and pop! the headlights go off in the middle of a dark and unlit GNT... I had to turn on the fog lamps and drive back slowly for 90 odd kms as I was scared of stopping in the highway with a lady on board, also because I was sure the time I spend waiting for the skoda guys I would reach the city anyway.

Meanwhile I find that my brother has sent his car twice to replace some fuel transmission related part.

I returned the car and have told them I will not take this one back. They are refusing to replace the car. I am talking to skoda Delhi currently.

I hate Skoda and I urge people not to buy it for now. They have a horrible service mindset and poor quality control. I am thinking of selling it the day it comes back and buying something else.
Old 9th January 2014, 09:35   #2
BANNED

Wow guys I knew Skoda was bad but your responses are overwhelming! Thank you for the advice and wishes

I really like the car but I cannot say the same for their service or reliability. As I always have, I'm sticking to hardcore German / American cars from now on. They're built like tanks.

I don't have the time to follow up every problem with Skoda. If I wanted an experimental vehicle I might have bought something else. I paid for consistency and reliability and if they are not able to offer it I might as well bail.

A legal battle that will cost me more than the car is out of the question... As satisfying as it is for me to want it, the Indian legal system isn't cut out for instant verdicts.

If this goes on, may take it up in a German court. Though again really expensive.

One of my friends used to work at Volkswagen Germany. I used him to bring it to their attention... He has confirmed that it will take three - four days but it will eventually reach Skoda. He has also told me like many here that replacement of the car is not possible.

Because the escalation is so high they may go out of their way to fix the car on priority. That much he has guaranteed. Car still at service centre gathering dust. Painful sight to see.

Will keep everyone updated. Love you all for the support.

Next milestone Monday.
reflux is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 11:35   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: 2014 Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI troubles! EDIT: It's a fake complaint

Hi Reflux,

Skoda India as well as the dealership have dropped a note, asking for your contact details as they wish to resolve the issue.

I've dropped you a PM yesterday, but am still waiting for the information. Please email me the same at the earliest.

Quote:
Dear Moderator,

We represent Gurudev Motors, Authorised Dealer for Skoda in Chennai

We are not sure if the main post carried in this link is accurate or validated

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-troubles.html

The New Skoda Octavia has never reported to any of our workshops with problems as mentioned by user ‘refulx’. We have no such record. We have also spoken to owners of this model and none of them are facing this issue.

We request you to get this post removed, as we feel its invalid. However, if this post was validated at your end request you to share the contact details of this user for us to speak to him/her to offer resolution

Attached is the snapshot of the post

Marketing Team
Gurudev Motors
GTO is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 19:52   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

*UPDATE* Reflux has reverted to me. He is already in the midst of trying to solve the matter. Lets wait for further details from him, Skoda & the dealership.

And yes, thread moved to the 'Technical Forum'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hi Reflux,

Skoda India as well as the dealership have dropped a note, asking for your contact details as they wish to resolve the issue.

I've dropped you a PM yesterday, but am still waiting for the information. Please email me the same at the earliest.

Last edited by GTO : 11th January 2014 at 16:49. Reason: Typo
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 21:55   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

*Update*

Unfortunately, we have no option but to classify this thread as a fake complaint.

1. Reflux isn't responding to my emails. Gurudev has contacted Reflux, but there is no response to them either.

2. The unwillingness to share any contact information is strange. Usually, car owners jump at the chance to share their real name & contact information when a manufacturer offers to help directly. There is no reason to continue staying anonymous, a week after the manufacturer & dealer have stepped in to attempt resolving the problem. The Octavia 1.8 TSI isn't a mass market car selling in the thousands. If there was an example with such problems lying at the dealer, they'd know who you are anyway.

3. This is a rare situation where we are seeing pro-activeness from the manufacturer & dealer, but not the car owner, in solving a car's troubles.

Importantly, we have received the following information from Skoda:

4. Gurudev Motors hasn't sold 2 Octavias to any family / company / etc. in Chennai (as claimed in the opening post).

5. Whoever owns an Octavia 1.8 TSI Elegance (believe there's only 1 in Chennai as of date) has been contacted and he reports no such issue with his car.

6. There is currently no Octavia 1.8 TSI waiting for repairs or replacement at the Gurudev workshop.

7. As of date, there is no Octavia 1.8 TSI with gearbox failure in the country, and that no Octavia has had a gearbox replacement (as stated in the opening post) either.

Reflux, I'm still hoping that you step forward and provide us with clarifications. You owe us that as a BHPian. In the absence of the same, and with the information we have on hand as of date, it can be safely assume that your claims are false.

This thread is closed and will be re-opened only if reflux steps forward and provides us with the entire picture.

Last edited by GTO : 16th January 2014 at 21:57.
GTO is offline   (61) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 16:11   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Reflux has written in. He doesn't own any Octavias, and confirms no such incident has taken place in Chennai.

Misguiding the community is a very, very serious offence and not one this forum will take lightly.

The member has been permanently banned.

Last edited by GTO : 20th January 2014 at 10:59. Reason: Decision has been taken to retain thread in the public domain.
GTO is offline   (88) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks