Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2006, 13:24   #16
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum
Rks the puntures happen because of a small nail or a small object penetrating through the tyre and into the tube.As i said that the tread depth is pretty less so a medium size nail could easily penetrate through the tyre and punture the tube as it has to travel very less distace to reach the tube as compared to the tyre which has good tread left as the nail would get stuck in the treads rubber and not reach the tube.In my case the tread is less so it penetrates the rubber and reaches the tube.
Hey is 39000 km for a radial tyre less?also the front tyres which were back before seem like they can make another 10000 km of use.But the back ones i guess will last max 5000 km if the punturing thing stops happening.
You may be right about the reason for the frequent punctures. Regarding radial tyres -- their life could be anywhere from 35000 to 60000 kms, depending on brand and usage. My car's Bridgestone S322 tyres have done about 31000 kms in almost 6 years. Will change them after another 5-7 K towards the end of the year, but I am told that these tyres can last much longer. Since your tyres still have tread left with no visible damage and are only 4 years old, my guess is that you should be able to use them some more, assuming you are able to solve your problem. You should also measure the tread depth and see if they meet the minimum requirement (1.5 mm?).
Old 30th June 2006, 22:47   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum
dear varun yes i will change all the 4 tyres in a weeks time.Will keep the front one tyre with a little good tread as stepney.Also i am plannig upgrade the tyre size a little as what ram has done and mentioned in another thread 145 80 r12 which is there in alto and zen against the 145 70 r12 which i have right now and which maruti puts in the current lot 800.
I suggest that if you are seriously planning to sell your present car shortly, then don't upgrade but replace them with the same tyres as the ones that had come with the car. This will get you better resale value since the car would maintain its origanal identity.

So long....
Old 2nd August 2006, 23:16   #18
BHPian

Maruti 800 Stock Good Year tyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks
You may be right about the reason for the frequent punctures. Regarding radial tyres -- their life could be anywhere from 35000 to 60000 kms, depending on brand and usage. My car's Bridgestone S322 tyres have done about 31000 kms in almost 6 years. Will change them after another 5-7 K towards the end of the year, but I am told that these tyres can last much longer. Since your tyres still have tread left with no visible damage and are only 4 years old, my guess is that you should be able to use them some more, assuming you are able to solve your problem. You should also measure the tread depth and see if they meet the minimum requirement (1.5 mm?).
Hi, any idea about the lifetime of the Maruti 800 stock Good Year radial tyres? I am running a 2003 Jan 4-speed standard and run only 13500 km till date. But off late, I am facing frequent puncture problem. I dont believe it is time for tyre-tube change for my car now. Our friend Ram, in another thread, has given a very good account of the MRF tyres. rks,would u please let me know the cost of the Bridgestone tyres(set of 5)? In Mumbai I was told it will cost me around Rs 13000 for replacing the entire set of 5 tyre and tube plus free wheel alignment and balancing. Is it reasonable? Also, is it practical to change from 145-70-R12 to 145-80-R12 as done by Ram? Thanks,
Purnendu Bagchi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks