Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2015, 13:16   #91
BHPian

Re: Land Rover Discovery 4: A near death experience, continuous problems & poor service

Mad Monkey, do you practice meditation? Take my bow for this level of patience.

If my maruti would have given half the problems you have faced, I had rather sell the car and be car-less. Luckily, you are a blessed soul, why waste your time, energy and resources on this junk yard car?

Obviously, you have the option to upgrade/lateral-shift or even downgrade. And after all these troubles, I feel you need to pleasantly treat your mind and soul(in-lieu of all the harassment) with a mighty awesome Land Cruiser.

The expected brilliant ownership of a LC may hopefully reimburse your apathy slightly.

Good luck.

Wishing to get a good update from you on this thread.
Grr7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 14:09   #92
BHPian

Re: Land Rover Discovery 4: A near death experience, continuous problems & poor service

I just read this thread now from start to finish. I have to say a few things.

Mad Monkey, you are indeed mad. How can you stand such mistreatment? You deserve better treatment and so does your discovery.

Having said that, the British are not known to make reliable vehicles, the jaguar, the enfield to name just a couple. And if one were to trust Jeremy Clarkson.

As advised by many here, do sell it off and buy a Japanese or american car! No car, however value it might be or emotional attachment etc you might have, is worth the risk of hurting yourself, your loved ones or other motorists/pedestrians.
Old 19th February 2015, 15:45   #93
BHPian

@madmonkey
After skimming through your thread the following comes to mind:

1. The vehicle and after sales service provider constantly compete with each other, to be the worst and most frustrating they possibly can.

2. You should sell your car to someone who doesn't have access to the internet. If one were to google land rover discovery problems I'm sure this thread will pop up !

3. Hats off to your patience and good luck to you ! I sincerely hope you can cut your losses after such a hefty investment and recurring expenses.

4. While i believe the japs are more reliable, i also think your vehicle is the lemon of all lemons made worse with the pathetic finger pointing after sales service. I say this because this very car, the Disco takes endless abuse as camera cars for almost all Top Gear specials and seem to fare better than whats happening here in your patient hands. (And yes, i also spotted some Fortuners in this seasons Patagonia special.)
Old 19th February 2015, 16:13   #94
Team-BHP Support

Guys I think it is pretty clear here that the workshop is extremely incompetent. Seeing what kind of mistakes have been made multiple times when the car was returned, it seems they create more issues than they fix.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 16:49   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Monkey View Post
An update -

Also, I have a very startling discovery (pun intended) to share, which will certainly surprise everyone here.
Dear Mad Monkey,

Your patience is truly unbelievable and rare in current age. Only that its being wasted on a trash. I just went through whole thread and am really amazed at the incompetence of JLR TATA, the dealer and bunch of jokers you are dealing with.
I STRONGLY suggest you to write to CP Mistry on this and take this to highest possible level. He does checks his email and personally looks into such issues which damage equity of Tata Sons in any way (this is my personal experience with one of the Tata products)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Monkey,

Can you explain to me why you are still wasting your time on this vehicle? It's clearly troublesome - like most high end Land Rovers & Range Rovers are - and whatever you do, it'll never offer you a trouble-free ownership experience.

Please cut your losses, sell it off and buy something else.
While this looks like the most appropriate solution, I beg to differ. JLR/TATA people MUST replace this particular car

IMHO, Selling this will only transfer the pain to someone else who might end up killing someone.
Seriously, I will trust Mad Monkey with the angels of luck to safeguard him and the people around this car
Old 19th February 2015, 16:54   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Monkey View Post
An update...
The only thing I found amusing about your post was the opening image, in which you used Sai Bab's Fled Beld Services. After that it was all downhill, much like your ownership experience.

I think the time has gone to reach out to the higher authorities, this is clearly a case of the car being poorly serviced. The only way these fools are going to be straightened out is to use a concerted media campaign showing how money doesn't always buy you peace of mind.

Poorly managed, this entire ownership experience. Amazing how your whole experience has been littered with this, it's not a one-off. Get rid of this lemon, sometimes it's no use making lemonade when life (or JLR) hands you some.

Get rid. Simple as.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th February 2015 at 19:22. Reason: Deleting alcohol reference.
Old 19th February 2015, 18:14   #97
BHPian

Mad Monkey you should dispose off this Tata Discovery and get yourself a Toyota Landcruiser- The Pride of the World, as quoted in toyota ads.

Last edited by aboveallkaran : 19th February 2015 at 18:15.
Old 19th February 2015, 18:14   #98
BHPian

I think this issue has escalated to a point were it is imperative for you to show JLR that a customer isn't supposed to be treated like a servant. I find it appalling that JLR has the nerve to question and blame you!

I won't be surprised if I find them languishing behind in customer retention, let alone customer satisfaction. I highly doubt anyone will be willing to put his/her hard earned money down for a Land Rover after going through this thread. I sure as hell, WON'T!

Also, what amazes me is the number of responses here; asking Monkey to settle. I'm sorry. I will side with 1lokesh; JLR/TATA has to resolve this matter. There is no denying that the vehicle is as lemon-y a lemon can get. A simple question for everyone here: You know the history of this vehicle; would you willingly put money down to buy it? I'm willing to bet anything you'd say no. Think about it guys, the service history on this thing is massive. No one in their right mind will ever buy this car.

PS: Monkey, you aren't suffering alone. Attaching a picture of the tweets Bonito Chhabria and Salman Khan had shared. It can't always be the customer's fault, can it?
Attached Thumbnails
Land Rover Discovery 4: A near death experience, continuous problems & poor service-unnamed-2.jpg  

Cartman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 18:30   #99
BHPian

@Mad Monkey : As everybody here suggested, why not put the car up for sale ? Well, I'm sure you will be open with the issues on the car but why go through the turmoil of dealing with such imbeciles. I read your encounter and I'm working up a storm of anger in my mind.

Is there a sentimental thing with this car ? If that's the case may be an Independent Garage can help you. I'm sure there are many Independent Garages who could repair the product once and for all. Warranty you say, but it clearly is not helping the case.

Indica was the last TATA product I bought and I never go back to even TD a product there. They might have gotten better, they might have sold me a 1 in a billion faulty car but their attitude put me off for good.

Please keep us informed of the developments and no offence please.

Last edited by no_boundaries : 19th February 2015 at 18:32.
Old 19th February 2015, 18:40   #100
Senior - BHPian

Mad Monkey, you are Gautam Buddha reincarnated really.

The car is obviously a lemon but Tata/JLR's service has been worst than the worst service provided by any manufacturer in India.

I believe you should get a New Discovery and Tata/JLR should take the old one back and scrap it incurring all the losses themselves, why should you bear any brunt. In a consumer court, if you do end up going that way, this is a clear loss for Tata whichever way you look at it.

As someone has suggested, I believe palming this off to an unsuspecting customer is plain wrong. Like all of us do not like you going through this ordeal, we would not want someone who has spent a lot of money in buying your Discovery to go through the same situation too.

Let Tata be the ultimate sufferer as it's their product and its functioning like it was intended to.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 19:40   #101
Senior - BHPian

Wow - I did know RR (not the other RR) has its share of demons back in UK. So many forums in UK talk about scourging of parts from scrap yards to make their RR work the next day. But to charge 1Cr and NOT provide the service backup for a known issue-monger of a car is pathetic.

It makes me think - the reason why TATA and JLR got together in the first place is..."JLR is after all making Indigo Manza and Tata Safari in a different skin and thats why the 2 companies could sync together"
Old 20th February 2015, 01:25   #102
BHPian

1. As most said, firstly, Hats off to your patience!

2. You must raise this issue to Tata and try for a replacement. (I dont know how tough/practical this is).

3. If possible hire a knowledgeable person (may be part-time) who can take care of the car unless it is sorted or when it is in garage. This car has already cost you lot of time and fatigue.

4. Never give the car again to this workshop. They don't respect you, they don't care for your vehicle. Move to an independent competent workshop

5. If you want to sell this lemon, sell it to some one who will rip off the electrics and use the basic car for hobby like off-road (chances are less to find such hobbyists in India)

6. If you love Land Rover, get another Disco/Range Rover and move on! This car is getting worse day by day due to manhandling by the service centre. Its is not impossible to bring it back in shape, but it is going to be very time consuming and difficult to find a competent resource. The work done now needs to be very detailed and precise.

I feel bad that we still cant afford expensive cars in India because of the incompetence of the service staff. I wish you success. Keep posting. All the best!

Last edited by LP640 : 20th February 2015 at 01:30.
Old 20th February 2015, 09:01   #103
BHPian

We can do our bit by tweeting the link to this thread to @jlrindia and @jlrpr. I have already done that.
You can also tag @bmwindia and @audiIN to make JLR feel shameful about the whole thing (assuming they care)
Old 20th February 2015, 09:26   #104
BHPian

Sad to see such an expensive car failing to live upto its brand.
Have you explored what is done in such cases in the developed countries? Do customers fight for a legal solution ? Or do companies behave more professionally?
I have a question that might sound a bit silly, but I still think it is important enough to be asked. Is there any way in which the Insurance company can help you get the best value of your vehicle? There has been an instance in which you almost got into an accident because of the malfunctioning of the vehicle- does any company provide a cover to compensate owners of car models which are technically dangerous?
What I am unable to understand is - why could the company not replace the vehicle? 1 . 5 crore is a large amount. What is JLR trying to pull off in India?
Old 20th February 2015, 09:51   #105

Mad monkey,

Hats off to you for the patience you have to tolerate the tantrums of your LR, or should I say the love you have for this vehicle. Like most of the Team Bhp members have suggested, I would also like to suggest that you let this LR go and purchase a different car depending on your liking, but after a complete inspection. All I can say is all the best and my may you get to enjoy the new purchase ( if you opt for it).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks