Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2006, 03:36   #16

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

when i got he k&n filter installed in my zen,an engineer from methods online was present at that time.he disconnected the battery for about 15min so that the ecu resets once the terminals of the battery are connected again.then he asked me to drive pedal to the metal redlining in very gear so that the ecu detects a new set of parameters and calibrates accordingly.
Old 7th July 2006, 10:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

A small question here. What if I dont want better power and pickup. Say, I want better fuel efficiency from the K&N, what do I do? Do I still reset the ECU or just bolt on and ride off as usual?

Experts, please help.
Old 7th July 2006, 10:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
A small question here. What if I dont want better power and pickup. Say, I want better fuel efficiency from the K&N, what do I do? Do I still reset the ECU or just bolt on and ride off as usual?

Experts, please help.
Me no expert but wht I think...

Dont floor the pedal ( pedal to metal). Drive as you would in normal fuel saving drive mode. It will learn.

Last edited by jkdas : 7th July 2006 at 10:45.
Old 7th July 2006, 11:03   #19

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well i asked the methods guy the same question and his reply was that you still have to reset the ecu and u still hav to drive pedal to the metal for the simple reason that it lets your ecu calibrate the correct stoichiometric ratio as your engine moves throught the entire rpm range i.e from idle till the rev limiter.it something like if an athlete can run 1km flatout,he surely can run 2kms on a slow jog.(sorry for such a bad comparison...nothing else came to mind )
Old 7th July 2006, 18:26   #20
BHPian

I just read this thread and m a bit curious 2 knw i have a Santro Zip Plus in which i installed a K&N STock Replacement filter with Free Flow Exhaust from Automech so do i also need 2 reset my ECU.

Plz guide..
Old 7th July 2006, 18:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
it something like if an athlete can run 1km flatout,he surely can run 2kms on a slow jog.(sorry for such a bad comparison...nothing else came to mind )
The comparision explains it, But what confuses me is that whether you can have the same tuning for different purposes?
Old 7th July 2006, 20:26   #22
BHPian

Hi I installed K&N Universal filter on my Palio 1.6 today. I feel it only has changed the sound and no improvement in pickup. I will try doing the ECU resetting. However, yesterday I installed stock replacement filter on my carb Zen and could really feel the increase in power. What I would like to know is have I done the right thing by installing Universal filter for palio. Please help.
Old 7th July 2006, 21:39   #23
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo

Experts, please help.
Reset the ECU, drive slowly for a couple of Kms ( economy mode )....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareone
I just read this thread and m a bit curious 2 knw i have a Santro Zip Plus in which i installed a K&N STock Replacement filter with Free Flow Exhaust from Automech so do i also need 2 reset my ECU.

Plz guide..
You have to Reset the ECU............... if not yet done !!!???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks