Team-BHP - Tachometer on the King?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Tachometer on the King? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/14742-tachometer-king.html)

Can anyone confirm if the latest MPFI Kings (post Nov-2005) are equipped with tachometer?

How much will it cost to fit one aftermarket? And what r the options available in this regard?

I've seen the new MG413W's being serviced ( I have the non MPFI King) and they don't have a tacho in the display unit. I've added a Pricol Tacho and it serves the purpose well.

There are some good posts (existing) here with more info.

Captain pings : WHere did u get that tacho and for how much ?

aZa, tacho was bought at Prithviraj Market (behind Khan Mkt) - 5 years ago, you'd have to check now for latest prices.

The guy in the maruti showroom told me the latest Gypsy has a tacho of the same kind as installed on the Esteem.

He was showing me an older 413 (Carbed) and telling me the differences in dashboard. I m told Changes have also been made to the layout and type of fans as well? I am sceptical about this though!!

CaptPings: How much would an aftermarket tacho cost? Where would it fit? Do i have to cutout a portion of the "cockpit" (;))? Would it need to be calibrated? How and where could I get that done?

Can u post a pic of the installation i ur car?

A pricol tacho is around 800 bucks if i remember correctly.

Drifter

Quote:

Originally Posted by COUGAR
The guy in the maruti showroom told me the latest Gypsy has a tacho of the same kind as installed on the Esteem.

He was showing me an older 413 (Carbed) and telling me the differences in dashboard. I m told Changes have also been made to the layout and type of fans as well? I am sceptical about this though!!

CaptPings: How much would an aftermarket tacho cost? Where would it fit? Do i have to cutout a portion of the "cockpit" (;))? Would it need to be calibrated? How and where could I get that done?

Can u post a pic of the installation i ur car?

The guy at the showroom is fibbing..Gypsies do not come with a Factory fitted Tacho..

i'm searching for an aftermarket RPM meter too.. Pricol is available for around 800 to 1200 bucks.. but they seem to fail soon..

U dont have to cut open the cockpit..but may need to drill some holes..

I am on the lookout for a good one..I'm told Autometer has some but priced around 3 to 5K..i think it is very expensive ! Any cheaper options..guys in Chennai.any pointers..

sorry for the delay in posting the picture.

also, am no longer sure if this is a pricol!! can't find any markings. and its about 6 years old.

it has a neat yellow column that moves to indicate rpm, the backlight is nice and actually makes it easier to see at night.

the red marker can be shift to mark a position (as per your requirements)

installation is on the right side of the dashboard with double sided tape (and one screw on the rear end)

note : have started experiencing trouble with this unit recently where it tends to stick - a sharp whack takes care of it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Pings (Post 256063)
sorry for the delay in posting the picture.

also, am no longer sure if this is a pricol!! can't find any markings. and its about 6 years old.

it has a neat yellow column that moves to indicate rpm, the backlight is nice and actually makes it easier to see at night.

the red marker can be shift to mark a position (as per your requirements)

installation is on the right side of the dashboard with double sided tape (and one screw on the rear end)

note : have started experiencing trouble with this unit recently where it tends to stick - a sharp whack takes care of it!

Looks cool Captain Pings! Can we get a model that mounts within the instrument console? Will be checking the models this saturday. Any places in Mumbai/Pune?

guys am really interested in fitting a tacho in my zen and my 800 still dont know how much it costs!!!?

is the pricol tacho still available? I need one badly, havent found anything here in bangalore. pls post up details.

[quote=Captain Pings;256063]sorry for the delay in posting the picture.

Hi,

This tachometer is a brand called Eqqus or something like that. Its imported and used to sell for about 800-1000 bucks. Pricol tachometers are very much available and cost approx Rs800 for 3 cylinder and Rs1150 for 4 cylinder.

Viper

any clue if the 4-cylinder tacho is available here in bangalore?

can some one post a pic of the pricol tacho if they have it and secondly how big is it ??

besides looks, in terms of functionality and reliability is there a great difference between the pricol tachos and the autogauge ones ?