Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2017, 12:37   #31
BHPian

Re: Battery Woes!

Folks,

My 14y/o Wagon-R needs a super inexpensive battery (35Ah, 12V). There are 3 options available, (with trade-in of old battery):
  • Exide Eko - w/ 18mo warranty: 2500/-
  • Amaron Fresh - w/ 12mo warranty: 2750/-
  • SF Sonic - w/ 18mo warranty: 2900/-
The online options of batteries in that range are either out-of-stock or priced somewhat higher.

My preference is always towards Exide, and it fits my budget (or rather willingness to spend). It is GST paid, Aug'17 manufacture piece with bill... but label on it says "for 3 wheelers and LCVs", with a picture of Tata Ace on it. Dealer says that the car-specific pricing is higher, and same battery with a car-sticker will be pegged at least Rs.500/- higher. Any views ?

Here's a online page with it's specs.

regards,
B

Last edited by bdutta : 5th August 2017 at 12:39. Reason: added battery specs
Old 5th August 2017, 13:10   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vevck View Post
Hi All,

I have Palio MJD 2008 model. Car has done 40000kms. Yesterday morning
after a short journey of 6 kms, I turned off my engine at traffic
signal. When the signal turned green, my car failed to start.

After getting some help from passerby to push the car & started it with
gear. Later, a friend suggested me that the battery could be weak
possible culprit. After that I incident I have done about 25 odd kms.

Yesterday morning I didn't face any problem. However, took it to a local Exide dealer
to get the battery checked. The mechanic said one of the cells was dead &
I better go for a new one.

Am looking forward to your suggestions or opinions on:
1. If one of the cells isn't charging well, should I go for an
upgrade.
2. What are the current options for batteries in the market for Palio Stile
3. Any idea on the cost. The dealer suggested me to go for Exide New DIN44 which cost Rs
4800 w/ buyback of the current one.

Thanks,
Vivek

If your car's battery compartment can accommodate a higher Ah battery, it will be wiser to do so. My car has a compartment which can accommodate DIN60 battery as against the OEM DIN44, the upgraded battery will last longer than the stipulated period. The extra RS 1200-1500 is worth it. Unfortunately this upgrade is not suitable for some Maruti-Suzuki vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdutta View Post
Folks,

My 14y/o Wagon-R needs a super inexpensive battery (35Ah, 12V). There are 3 options available, (with trade-in of old battery):
  • Exide Eko - w/ 18mo warranty: 2500/-
  • Amaron Fresh - w/ 12mo warranty: 2750/-
  • SF Sonic - w/ 18mo warranty: 2900/-
The online options of batteries in that range are either out-of-stock or priced somewhat higher.

My preference is always towards Exide, and it fits my budget (or rather willingness to spend). It is GST paid, Aug'17 manufacture piece with bill... but label on it says "for 3 wheelers and LCVs", with a picture of Tata Ace on it. Dealer says that the car-specific pricing is higher, and same battery with a car-sticker will be pegged at least Rs.500/- higher. Any views ?

Here's a online page with it's specs.

regards,
B
I replaced my SF battery this week which lasted a mere 26 month with Exide Flash start. It carries 24 months replacement plus 24 months pro-rata discount. I got 35% discount with the previous battery for the new one. It is obvious that Exide lasts beyond the manufacturer stated warranty period.
dr.faramroze is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks