Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2006, 15:29   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani
how much do u think the baleno drive shafts cost??? the car is 4 years old.
How many KMs has it clocked. Thats more important than the time frame.

so long....
Old 7th July 2006, 15:43   #17
BHPian

car has clocked around 70k, how much is the usual life of the axles?

Last edited by naveendhyani : 7th July 2006 at 15:51.
Old 7th July 2006, 17:28   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani
gave my car for service today, both the axles are gone & two of the four engine mountings are broken. the cost of repairs & service is approx 20k. i m told that the axles cost approx 6k each & mountings 3k each.
Are you sure you havent hit a pothole or a stone at significant speed recently?
The only way engine mountings can break is by some impact, unless they were already defective..

BTW, did you buy the car second hand? If so, its possible that it had been involved in an accident and the engine, transmission, drive train are out of alignment.
Old 7th July 2006, 18:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbhag
BTW, did you buy the car second hand? If so, its possible that it had been involved in an accident and the engine, transmission, drive train are out of alignment.
If I remember correctly, you did buy it second hand? This could very well be a possibility!
Old 7th July 2006, 19:19   #20
BHPian

@ nitinbhag : i did buy it as a second hand, how can i check if this had ever been involved in an accident?
Old 7th July 2006, 20:40   #21
elf
BANNED

2 broken engine mountings & a busted pair of axles? Wow! Methinks you have bought a vehicle that was involved in an accident & the usual sloppy job has been performed on the repairs by the previous owner before disposing the car quickly. Have you had uneven tyre wear (especially the front) as well?
Old 26th November 2006, 21:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

The axle noise has started on my 800 too.The left side one was replaced around 8000km back and now the right side one is makin a khat khat noise sometimes while takin a full right turn!!it comes once in a while taking a right turn.car has run 67000km.
The sound comes only while turnin to the right(full lock) and then after i turn the steering back to straight it pulls to the right slightly and then everythin is back to normal.
Can i run the car with this axle for another 2 to 3 k?
Old 27th November 2006, 06:46   #23
BHPian

Axel generally have a fixed life, at some point or the other they need to be changed, But the mounting part is strange. Check for any underside body damage, Rust etc..Its better to have it all taken care of now.

Last edited by wolfinstein : 27th November 2006 at 06:52.
Old 27th November 2006, 09:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
The axle noise has started on my 800 too.The left side one was replaced around 8000km back and now the right side one is makin a khat khat noise sometimes while takin a full right turn!!it comes once in a while taking a right turn.car has run 67000km.
The sound comes only while turnin to the right(full lock) and then after i turn the steering back to straight it pulls to the right slightly and then everythin is back to normal.
Can i run the car with this axle for another 2 to 3 k?
well you could drive the car for another 1500k more with caution, it shouldnt be a problem but you should get it replaced soon...carrying out repairs to your axle will only solve the problem for another few kms. its better to get them replaced which might be a costly affair..but still do get them done.
Old 27th November 2006, 09:50   #25
BHPian

Tire nflation check & lower arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani View Post
gave my car for service today, both the axles are gone & two of the four engine mountings are broken. the cost of repairs & service is approx 20k. i m told that the axles cost approx 6k each & mountings 3k each.
Do you over inflate tires by any chance ? I was talking to my work shop (FIAT Petra) finding out the right inflation (175/65R14) , the guy tells me its 28 PSI for city and 26 PSI for highway. I was surprised as it was against popular opinion on team BHP (on many threads our members seem to be of the opinion highway inflation has to be higher) and asked him more.

He mentioned this: inflating it to 30/32 PSI would cause damage to lower arms of the suspension/ axle system. So please watch out.

Last edited by sreenivass : 27th November 2006 at 09:52.
Old 26th September 2010, 01:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

Anyone know how much would the front driveshaft/axle for an OHC Type 2 go for costwise including parts and labor? I believe my axle's cracked from the front passenger side - car heavily wobbles at 30-40 km/h and constantly pulls to the left if not manually maneuvered otherwise. I observed oil leaks right next to the axle boot.
Old 7th June 2011, 12:58   #27
BHPian

Re: Noise from the AXLE

My OHC Vtec is having khat khat sound when moving on turns. The sound has incresed drastically for last 2 days. Can someone tell me the problem and the solution and approx cost. Will also like to know a good workshop in south mumbai to get the job done.
Old 7th June 2011, 13:12   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
My OHC Vtec is having khat khat sound when moving on turns. The sound has incresed drastically for last 2 days. Can someone tell me the problem and the solution and approx cost. Will also like to know a good workshop in south mumbai to get the job done.
Problem: Bust Drive shaft
Solution: Replace with new
Cost: IIRC, ~6-7k a piece.
Good Workshop: Check the directory section in Mumbai.

@Saurabh: IIRC means If I Remember it Correct.

Last edited by dhanushs : 7th June 2011 at 13:28.
Old 7th June 2011, 13:17   #29
BHPian

What is IIRC , sorry if question is too basic.
Old 8th August 2011, 21:53   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
What is IIRC , sorry if question is too basic.
If I remember correctly, its If I Remember Correctly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks