Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2006, 15:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

I think the cabin light dimmer is present in car shipped since 2004. My 2004 Palio D has this feature.
Old 20th July 2006, 18:25   #17
DRC
BHPian

Is it? I did not have the cabin light dimmer in my petra!, I got it fixed witht the auto cop.
Old 14th April 2011, 09:36   #18
BHPian

Issue - Injector light staying on in Palio 1.6

Hi - This morning I noticed that the fuel injector light on the Palio dashboard goes off, & then comes back on after a few secs. , and stays on thereafter. There is no vibration or loss of power in the car.
I intend to take it to the service station this afternoon.

Some recent service details
Spark plugs: Replaced about 8 months back.
Service done : 5 months ago. Mainly oil change, moved to semi synthetic. No injector cleaning was done.
Breakdown : Last month I had a breakdown when the radiator fan gave way. I noticed it after driving about 3/4 kms, when the temp gauage nearly went to the top. Towed it to the service station. Fan replaced & vehicle was running smoothly since then. Could that momentary overheating caused injectors to be semi clogged etc ?

But any ideas what could be the cause.
Old 14th April 2011, 10:53   #19
BHPian

Re: Issue - Injector light staying on in Palio 1.6

I too have faced this problem in my mpfi esteem. In my case this usually happens when the car is parked direct under the noon sun for sometime. When i start the car, the injector light stays on and usually goes off after some restarts.
When the light stays on, i just monitor it for 1-2 stop/starts and even then if the light stays on, i take it to the nearest MASS.
Couple of times i have shown this to MASS, they checked everything and did not find any problem in the injectors. Finally, thry just disconnected the battery and reconnected it and the light was off.
Old 14th April 2011, 10:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

better get it checked thoroughly - ask them to do a scan.

Did you try to reset the ECU?
Old 14th April 2011, 16:01   #21
BHPian

@planet_rocker - will go to FIAT service tomorrow. Tied up at work today. relating to ECU reset, is that something we can do, or something that the workshop will do ?
Old 14th April 2011, 16:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

pull out the negative terminal of the battery and wait for 30 minutes - reconnect the battery and see if the Injector light is still ON.

note: you will lose the ICE settings / clock setting if you disconnect the battery.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 14th April 2011 at 16:08.
Old 15th April 2011, 07:38   #23
BHPian

Thanks. Disconnecting the battery didn't help. Taking it to the service station now. Will update you on the cause later.
Old 15th April 2011, 07:54   #24
BHPian

Injector light ON doesnt mean the fault in the fuel pump or injector. It could be loose wiring connection, faulty fuel pump relay, clogged fuel filter, worst case leaking fuel pipe. You told they replaced the fan. What made them to replace ? Does it throw any fault code. It could be a simple carbon brush change if the coil in good condition.
Stay with the technician during scanning and look for the fault code. Let us know the code if throws up. Also look for the above points I have mentioned.

Regards,
Vijay
Old 15th April 2011, 08:56   #25
BHPian

My friends palio too had the injector light ON issue , a scan revealed that it was due to a loose connection. Just get a scan done ,it will revel the real issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks