Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2014, 17:38   #31
BHPian

Re: 3 cars with Maruti's security system refuse to unlock. Signal jammers at work?

Facing similar issues with my Safari remote locking system. Major trouble on 3 occassions. First time near AIIMS hospital. Second time at GK2 M block market and third time at Banga Bhavan on Hailey Road (last weekend). It has happened other times also, but typically after directing the remote towards the steering and getting closer to the vehicle, the lock/unlock worked after 3-4 tries.

The worst was near AIIMS when the car was unlocked, but the engine immobilizer was on. I was sitting in the car like a duck for over 30mins.

Strangely, at Banga Bhavan (day before yesterday), after the first incident when the car would not unlock, I parked the car the second time and used the keys to lock the car. I assumed the engine immoblizer would not be activated. When I unlocked the car using the keys, I noticed the engine immobilizer on. So I had to use the remote again to disable the immoblizer. I got worried that the remote wouldnt work or the alarm would sound-off, but thank god things worked that time.

I am not sure if radio signals would be the only issue. In that case, the remote would never work at such specific locations considering that the radio signals would be emitted constantly. Considering that it does work after repeated attempts, seems there could be other issues. For example, I have never faced this issue on other occassions at GK2 Market / Banga Bhavan, except those isolated incidents.

Difficult to sort out at the service center since they wont be able to replicate the issue!
souravdebiswas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 11:48   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: 3 cars with Maruti's security system refuse to unlock. Signal jammers at work?

Faced exactly this issue on Marine Drive, when parked outside Revival restaurant.

- Has happened THRICE at the same spot.

- Not happened anywhere else.

When parked here, my 530d refuses to recognise the smartkey to unlock the doors or start the engine. On different dates, but all at night. There are a couple of hospitals & nursing homes in the vicinity, so it's 100% radio interference from their medical equipment (or some cellphone tower?). After the initial two times, I changed the key battery. No luck. Just doesn't work in that parking spot.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 12:18   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Faced exactly this issue on Marine Drive, when parked outside Revival restaurant.

- Has happened THRICE at the same spot.

- Not happened anywhere else.

When parked here, my 530d refuses to recognise the smartkey to unlock the doors or start the engine. On different dates, but all at night. There are a couple of hospitals & nursing homes in the vicinity, so it's 100% radio interference from their medical equipment (or some cellphone tower?). After the initial two times, I changed the key battery. No luck. Just doesn't work in that parking spot.
I am victim of exactly same issue as well.

In BLK hospital, New Delhi, my Sx4 central locking absolutely becomes useless. But, But it doesn't happen with my Santro or Alto!! Strange..

Off Topic:
This clearly indicates, the strength of Radiation rays!!!
amitpunjani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 12:19   #34
BHPian

In fact many of my office colleagues face similarly amusing problem in our office parking tower.Since our office car parking is just across the "Doordarshan" transmission tower in Worli,Mumbai we have safely assumed that it is because of RF interference emanating from that tower.Otherwise the remote works flawlessly.

Most Viewed