Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2006, 18:03   #1
BHPian

Water Leakage

im in serious trouble guys and i need ur help.

I have a OHC and i have a water leakage.....

i donno from where maybe its gettin leaked from the front windsheld coz it was broken and i had replaced it at the HONDA showroom....

Plz help guys what should i do bout it....

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by aah78 : 8th July 2006 at 02:46.
Old 7th July 2006, 18:09   #2
BHPian

need some extra information -

cold water / hot water?

does it look like coolant ?

drop-by-drop / stream ?

approximate location of origin ?

does it increase when you use the 'wash and wipe' on the wipers ?
Old 7th July 2006, 18:14   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Pings
need some extra information -

cold water / hot water?

does it look like coolant ?

drop-by-drop / stream ?

approximate location of origin ?

does it increase when you use the 'wash and wipe' on the wipers ?
Steady on there Capt'n... the lad's liable to go sit in the thunderbox if you go on and not come out.!
Have the same problem with my Accent... if it isn't too bad.. I suggest you live with it instead of going through the hassle of refitting your windshield.
Old 7th July 2006, 18:23   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
Steady on there Capt'n... the lad's liable to go sit in the thunderbox if you go on and not come out.!
Have the same problem with my Accent... if it isn't too bad.. I suggest you live with it instead of going through the hassle of refitting your windshield.
Hey,

Both you guys have you not heard of something called pluggin the leak. Two jobs first try and locate the source of the leak, if not successful give it to someone good. Then put some silicone solution to the affected area and plug it.

If you want a good & reasonable source pm me.

Viper
Old 7th July 2006, 19:56   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hey,
Both you guys have you not heard of something called pluggin the leak. Two jobs first try and locate the source of the leak, if not successful give it to someone good. Then put some silicone solution to the affected area and plug it.
If you want a good & reasonable source pm me.
Viper
The whole job can be done within 250 bucks and the best part is you can do it yourself.

So long....
Old 7th July 2006, 19:59   #6
BHPian

heh heh .... sorry guys, jumped the gun there! a bit used to fire-fighting such problems!! sp. on the gypsy where it keeps raining inside....and different reasons each time!

and yup, silicon sealant does the trick.
Old 7th July 2006, 20:02   #7
Team-BHP Support

if its carpets getting wet, check the AC drain pipe for blockage
Old 7th July 2006, 20:18   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu
if its carpets getting wet, check the AC drain pipe for blockage
Not neccessary, even the rain water could be seeping in through the front wing screen rubber beading.

So long....
Old 8th July 2006, 00:53   #9
BHPian

Didnt want to start a separate thread, even i am facing similar problem water coming inside in drops both at driver & passenger side during rains & carpet gets wet it stinks a bit everytime you open the car, eeek, also during recent rains our area was flooded & the muffler was submerged in water the tone has changed a bit now, but i need to fix the water problem asap any quick solution?
Old 8th July 2006, 13:32   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
Didnt want to start a separate thread, even i am facing similar problem water coming inside in drops both at driver & passenger side during rains & carpet gets wet it stinks a bit everytime you open the car, eeek, also during recent rains our area was flooded & the muffler was submerged in water the tone has changed a bit now, but i need to fix the water problem asap any quick solution?
Looks like the water is seeping in from the doors. try to locate the area from where the water seeps in and we can have some solution
Old 8th July 2006, 13:41   #11
BHPian

Its coming from behind below the dashboard i can see it when it rains heavily i guess its coming from the front wing screen rubber beading. I had to remove my ECM from that location & wrap it up in an anti static bag and seal it & keep away from that location.

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 8th July 2006 at 13:44.
Old 8th July 2006, 13:41   #12
Senior - BHPian

Check for the door beadings and windsheild beadings . many a time they are the cause of a leak as in my octy but then I did a patchup job inhouse and now voila no water in the car....
Old 8th July 2006, 18:33   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
Its coming from behind below the dashboard i can see it when it rains heavily i guess its coming from the front wing screen rubber beading. I had to remove my ECM from that location & wrap it up in an anti static bag and seal it & keep away from that location.
Ask someone to pour water with a hose but make sure that you pour over the roof area so that the water hits the rubber beading at all sides. Normally the water seeps in from the top portion of the beading where it meets the painted area. You could wet a coloured chalk and smear it on the inside. this will make it easier for you to spot the exact location of leak.

So long....
Old 10th July 2006, 19:58   #14
BHPian

Guys, I have have a pesky leak in the boot of my car... it shows up only when I drive / park in heavy rain.

I can clearly see the point where the water springs out, but I suspect that the actual leak may be somewhere else and that the water is travelling through the structural channels in the boot. I could just seat up the "drain hole" where the water comes out, but I'm sure it will at best just find another outlet in the boot or worse, it will corrode the metal structure and I might find myself with a hatch back!

I am suspecting one of the joints on the (bonded) rear windshield... but pouring water all over the car does not reconstruct the leak :( ... any ideas on how I could find the source?

Also, where do I get silicone sealant? The auto parts guys I have talked to "never heard of the stuff" !

- T u r b o C -
Old 10th July 2006, 20:01   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_c
Also, where do I get silicone sealant? The auto parts guys I have talked to "never heard of the stuff" !

- T u r b o C -
Hi,

Ask any automobile shop or paint store for Silicon Tube the kind used to seal/fit windscreens. Price starts from Rs 350 a tube uptil Rs1500 based on what brand/quality you go for.

Viper

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks