Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2014, 20:19   #16
BHPian

Re: Range Rover Vogue (2 years, 14000 kms) : Reliability issues, problems & awful ser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaLamb View Post
Mr. Ratan Tata might not be the right person in this case as he no longer serves as the Chairman of the TATA Group, the new chairman or as in this case the Top Dog in the TATA chain of command is Mr. Cyrus Mistry
I am aware that Mr. Cyrus is the top boss. For sure such issues should be brought to his notice as well but I thought since TATA motors was Mr. Ratan Tata's baby bringing such issues to his notice can get things moving. Maybe he still has that clout amongst top executives running TATA motors
Old 21st March 2014, 09:08   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Range Rover Vogue (2 years, 14000 kms) : Reliability issues, problems & awful ser

Ranjan drops an update:

Quote:
Hi

Just received the car. There is a rattling noise from the front side of the hood and the loud noise which used to come while switching off the car above 40 degree temperature, is coming now even at 30 degrees. Haven't checked the rest of the car yet.

I think some kind of joke is going around. But the jokes on you JLR India.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2014, 09:36   #18
Team-BHP Support

From details on Invoice , it appears this car has suffered major damage on front . I am not sure if this car can be restored to original fitment levels given the kind of manufacturing process . It will be interesting to know how much costs were involved in getting this repaired and would it have been better to claim a total loss instead . Few of complaints like starting issues & rattling noises point to some shabby work during repairs .

Last edited by Turbanator : 21st March 2014 at 09:39.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 00:06   #19
BHPian

Given how the Tavera recall went, you don't have a chance in hell of getting justice in India.

PM me if you need any contacts of the top dogs at JLR and Tata. This is ridiculous.
Old 7th May 2014, 00:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Ditch the LR and buy a Nano. At least my Nano doesn't have so many issues.
Sorry to hear your plight, this is something that is unacceptable to any car.
Old 29th September 2014, 22:19   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Unfortunately, this car continues to be troublesome. Here's the latest update from Ranjan Gupta.

Quote:
My range rover is giving serious trouble again with new problems which JLR India is unable and not willing to solve.

After our last email I had the following serious troubles with the car.

1. Starting problem, after five attempts to resolve the issue, the starting motor was replaced. The issue remained and was diagnosed as an earthing problem. The motor was changed after months of waiting period for the parts and diagnosis. Approx. 10 days were spent at dealership, exclusive of the waiting period for the part.

2. Then, all the system & safety failure warnings started flashing while driving. The car didn't start thereafter. We were about to get locked inside, but got out on time. The car was towed to the workshop where it was kept for a week.

3. Bonnet open notification flashed due to which I could not lock the car. 5 attempts were made to solve the problem and it still persists. Total days spent at workshop = 7 days.

4. Again, charging system failure along with all system & safety failure warnings happened. Car stopped midway and again, all electronics stopped working. The car was towed to the workshop and is still there since Friday.

I have refused to continue with the vehicle because of the safety concerns and repeated failure and want my money back.

Last edited by GTO : 30th September 2014 at 09:11. Reason: Removing service history which had personal details. Verified
Old 30th September 2014, 00:14   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

After reading all this, one thing I can't understand-What did he pay 2 cr for?? For all these headaches?? I don't think he ever got to enjoy the vehicle other than receiving all these issues. Man, its easier said than done, but I seriously think the owner should call it QUITS, and get rid of the vehicle ASAP. I got frustrated by merely reading the long list of issues, I just can't imagine what the owner must be going through!!
If this is the HORIZONEXT TATA are talking about, they should better start counting their days here.
I consider myself extremely lucky, that I was not born with a silver spoon, or else probably I too would have been in a similar situation, since I loved JLR vehicles!!!

Not to rub it, but just to make TATA understand how a customer should be treated, here's a pic of a MASS- I request everyone reading my post to kindly zoom it and have a look

Range Rover Vogue (2 years, 14000 kms) : Reliability issues, problems & awful service-20131207_140239.jpg

Zoomed pic-

Range Rover Vogue (2 years, 14000 kms) : Reliability issues, problems & awful service-untitled.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 10:33   #23
BHPian

It really pains to be reading such responses from the manufaturers and the dealers. Many a time the agony is compounded by the cost paid hoping the premium would ensure a trouble free car that is a joy to drive around with all the comforts.

Must consider myself lucky, since all the cars purchased by me have been good and without issues, and so are the ones where my friends bought based on my advise. Incidentally all these are from Maruti, and Sub 10 Lacs. With regards to my purchases, the Alto taken from Gurgaon, SX4 from Chennai and AStar from Hyd(purchased in the same order) have all been taken care well by the respective dealers and not had to escalate anything so far. Even my friends who bought from maruti, are quite happy (occasional cleaning issues aside).
raghu.t.k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 22:38   #24
BHPian

Buying a 2016 RR Vogue

Hello everyone ,
My cousin is planning to buy a RR Vogue in Punjab . However many apprehensions arise by looking at this story . Can anyone tell if the 2016 RR Vogue is also problematic ? Has the service quality provided by JLR improved or not ?

Need your inputs .

Regards .
Old 28th January 2016, 09:33   #25

Re: Range Rover Vogue (2 years, 14000 kms) : Reliability issues, problems & awful service

We have a Rover engine. We also had starting issues with the engine. We checked the starter motor but it was working fine. After a few brain storming sessions with the team, it appeared that the wiring was short.

May be replacing the wiring loom is a good option for this Vogue as well.(My apologies if it has already been done in this Vogue with no good results)

Also can I get a more clear idea of the nature of the rattling sound that comes while switching off the engine?

Reason being: In our case, when we used to switch off the engine, one of the relays used to make a sound. So I want to know if its a similar sound, or a more intense sound possibly from some mechanical component in the driveline.

Its really sad that a brand like JLR is behaving so apathetically.

Most Viewed