Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2012, 10:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Are gas shock absorbers really superior in absorbing bumps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Compare the stock factory fitted shocks for a new Gypsy with what? An older Gypsy with even older shocks? Not sure I understood your question.

--R
You got it right....the gen that came with stock oil shocks.
Old 17th September 2012, 10:30   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
You got it right....the gen that came with stock oil shocks.

Oh Even the new ones dont do any magic. The Gypsy is intolerable with stock suspension period. My buying decision rested purely on the existence of CFL product and its decent feedback. That was the one consideration on which I tipped over in favor of Gypsy considering its reputation for a poor ride. Even with CFLs front and rear its only tolerable not great. Hence I am going for Bilsteins.

HTH
--R
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 16:12   #33
BHPian

Need help with choosing the right set for Swift petrol.

Which Gas shockers are considered good for Swift Petrol, need to change all 4. Do I need to change the springs aswell. The car has completed 74K Kms.

I have head about the followings, which ones should I go for and also if someone can share the costs.

1. Gabriels.
2. TRW's
3. Monroe's
4. Delphi
Old 4th July 2013, 15:55   #34
rkg
Senior - BHPian

My Vista has completed 72K. thinking of changing the shocks as there is some noise.
where do i can get Gabriel/Monroe shocks for Indica Vista in bangalore with approximate price , as iam planning to get them changed outside TASS.
Old 5th July 2013, 19:23   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
My Vista has completed 72K. thinking of changing the shocks as there is some noise.
where do i can get Gabriel/Monroe shocks for Indica Vista in bangalore with approximate price , as iam planning to get them changed outside TASS.
Please don't get hasty and replace the shock-absorbers because of a noise. The noise could be coming from some suspension bush which will turn out to be a much cheaper repair.
Check with your mechanic or service adviser if your shock absorbers are actually weak.
Old 6th July 2013, 09:56   #36
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaudf View Post
Please don't get hasty and replace the shock-absorbers because of a noise. The noise could be coming from some suspension bush which will turn out to be a much cheaper repair.
Check with your mechanic or service adviser if your shock absorbers are actually weak.
Shocks especially front left is indeed week. suspension bushes are all fine checked at Concorde in my presence.
Old 16th July 2013, 21:51   #37
BHPian

Thought about updating my experience with Shock Absorbers while I was looking out to replace them in Swift - tried switching over to TRW's Gas filled shock absorbers, however the ride was much stiffer in comparison to the oil filled ones from Maruti OEM.

I liked the car feeling planted while going over the potholes or bad roads, with the gas shocks I felt the overall ride has become very stiff and every single thing on the road was being felt in the driver's seat. I switched back to the OEM oil filled shocks (Dephi)from Maruti and am pretty satisfied with the ride quality which is much better.
Old 17th July 2013, 12:05   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
Thought about updating my experience with Shock Absorbers while I was looking out to replace them in Swift - tried switching over to TRW's Gas filled shock absorbers, however the ride was much stiffer in comparison to the oil filled ones from Maruti OEM.

I liked the car feeling planted while going over the potholes or bad roads, with the gas shocks I felt the overall ride has become very stiff and every single thing on the road was being felt in the driver's seat. I switched back to the OEM oil filled shocks (Dephi)from Maruti and am pretty satisfied with the ride quality which is much better.
If I remember correctly the Swift came with gas filled shock absorbers as OEM and not with oil filled ones. I replaced the shock absorbers on my car with OEM ones and they were gas filled.
Old 3rd August 2015, 16:42   #39
BHPian

Old thread- needed an update
The Monroe Dealer for shocks in Mumbai is located at Opera House near Tiwari Mithai.

Rane Auto
Fateh Manzil
461 Dr DB Marg, Opera House,
Mumbai.

Contact Sales person:
Amit.
Manager:
Bhavesh.
Old 3rd August 2015, 19:36   #40
BANNED

Re: Are gas shock absorbers really superior in absorbing bumps?

Of course if cost is not a consideration you can also look at Bilstein. They are far superior to the run of the mill stuff, at a price of course.
Old 3rd August 2015, 20:17   #41
Senior - BHPian

Re: Are gas shock absorbers really superior in absorbing bumps?

I remember when I was learning to drive back in 80s on Amby cars, replacing the stock shocks with Sachs gas filled shock absorbers were a big thing. We did that in our 76 model Amby and the difference was amazing. I dont think the difference will be that much in these days considering the advancements happened in technology.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks