Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2014, 14:47   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: A lemon, my defective Maruti Kizashi. EDIT: Fed up & SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
This means I can't take my car outside ahmedabad becuase if it breaksdown I will not get warranty.
Why?
AFAIK - most warranties are nationwide...
Old 3rd April 2014, 15:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

I personally have seen

* Cars delivered to customers (read - rural), driven for few weeks/months with speedo sensor disconnected, owner unhappy, returns cars to showroom - 1 waterwash and back in yard

** Above scenario, buyer says he will register the car himself and takes the necessary forms from the dealership (cant recollect form#s, anyone??) - its common practice to avoid 'handling/registeration' charges

*** 4-5 years back, I have seen a un-registered Baleno (at least 3-4 years old), some double digit Kms on ODO, in filthy condition, came to a MASS for a oil change. Owner proudly claimed 'i saved XX in road tax'

**** A car can be driven on temp regn# for upto 6 months and renewed once or twice more, so many morons save tax on their German cars by displaying a '....TR..TMP...#', i have seen them in heart of bangalore city!! (Temp#s neednt pay full tax, only for 180 days in enough)

*****My 1st alto was temp regd because the dealer was 200Kms away, and when it was registered again for perm #, the RC book had a tiny ref of '1st sale/regn date'.

I suggest you check your RC book, travel to Mumbai or anyother big city, walk into a big MASS service center, "pose" as a car buyer and 'check' the VIN and chassis #, the history and geography of your car. IF IT INDEED can be proven it was a old car, resold to you, then there is some story to your legal case.

Last edited by svsantosh : 3rd April 2014 at 15:10.
svsantosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 15:09   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
Why?
AFAIK - most warranties are nationwide...
The answer is that because of my sale date mess only kiran is honouring my warranty.
Old 3rd April 2014, 15:26   #34
BHPian

Regd Discounts, I don't think that should be a reason of worry.
Maruti provides great discounts on fresh stock as well, but it doesn't mean that it is in lieu of some issues / older stock car.

You were concerned about the manufacturing year of the car, but I bet there would be so many people who don't bother about the year of manufacturing, & would just be happy with the huge discounts. Huge discounts (in any product) do not mean that the product could possibly be having issues with it, it just means that the company wants to lure the customers towards its product.

From my personal experience, I found Maruti's customer care to be pretty helpful. Its dealers are complacent & most of them have the don't give a damn attitude but not after they receive a complaint/bashing from customer care/Any time maruti.
On Maruti's website, you will find the e-mail addresses of their "Media Contacts".
Even though you might have exchanged a number of e-mails already, I strongly advice you to write one more mail afresh, aiming at a complain against your dealer & referring to your previous mails.
Keep media contacts in CC & do warn them that their inaction will lead to severe negative image of Maruti in public. AFAIK, Kizashi is a complete Suzuki product, so try searching for a Suzuki Japanese contact as well.

Keep the mail short, crisp & to the point. Please do not show your desperation in that mail.

Last edited by ank.nsit : 3rd April 2014 at 15:33.
Old 3rd April 2014, 15:45   #35
BHPian

Quote:
The answer is that because of my sale date mess only kiran is honouring my warranty.
This particular situation,where only the selling dealer gives you warranty ,is a bit of conditional warranty. This implies that the dealer is the culprit. All MS cars have a nationwide warranty for two years or 40,000 Km ,provided you use it for personal use only. Extended warranty till 4 years or 80,000 Km is also provided by Maruti Suzuki . In effect this vehicle have been already allotted and sold as per Maruti MIS at an earlier date.(May not be given to customer) .This way the dealer would have met with their yearly target. This is a perfect case of fraud. The best way to feel free is to ask for an extended warranty for this machine. If not big time help required from the advocates.
Old 3rd April 2014, 17:49   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Who created the mess? Since it is not you, why should you be worrying about it. You have a valid document (invoide) saying that you have purchased the car in 2013. Now the dealer cannot deny this document saying that it is a technical error. It is a commercial document which has lots of tax related stuff associated with it pertaining to a particular financial year. So they just cannot say that they have entered the date incorrectly.

All car manufacturers provide warranty from the date of purchase. You have a document proving it is purchased in 2013. So technically every MASS should honour your warranty (if your car is still in Warranty). Doesnt matter if your car was manufatured much before that.

Quote:
I was denied warranty in anotger showroom despite showing them the invoice as they say only the DMS date is to be followed.
If I am not wrong, the DMS is the Dealre management system which the dealers use to record their sale (not only from manufacturer to delaer, but dealer to customer as well) . In this case, you are saying that the DMS is showing customer sale date of 2011. I think it is pretty clear that the dealer has pulled a fast on you by billing you for 2013 and recording the sale at 2011. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by racer_ash : 3rd April 2014 at 18:06. Reason: quoting the next post as well
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 17:51   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Who created the mess? Since it is not you, why should you be worrying about it. You have a valid document (invoide) saying that you have purchased the car in 2013. Now the dealer cannot deny this document saying that it is a technical error. It is a commercial document which has lots of tax related stuff associated with it pertaining to a particular financial year. So they just cannot say that they have entered the date incorrectly.

All car manufacturers provide warranty from the date of purchase. You have a document proving it is purchased in 2013. So technically every MASS should honour your warranty (if your car is still in Warranty). Doesnt matter if your car was manufatured much before that.

I was denied warranty in anotger showroom despite showing them the invoice as they say only the DMS date is to be followed.
Old 3rd April 2014, 19:50   #38
BHPian

Just met C.E.O Kiran Motors Ltd. Mr. Kesavan. He was quiet polite and was eager to solve my problems. He stated that there has been a Big misunderstanding in the whole deal. It seems that I made a very big mistake by reading the VIN in a wrong way and it now turns out that the car is March 2011 make This makes the car 3 years old now.

He went on to state that even after this misunderstanding the Sales department has made false claims that the car would be sold with warranty. The car was supposed to be sold without warranty. He told me not to worry as the mistake is on their part. He promised a meeting with the higher ups of kiran motors on saturday evening to work out a solution.

It was also brought to my notice that Maruti never honored the warranty for any of the parts and Kiran motors has been paying for them since the beginning.

He also stated that he has no information if the car was a test drive vehicle or not.

He went on to assure that the car had never met with an accident in the past when it was in the godown.

I now feel I should wait till they give me a solution to the mess that they created themselves. As they are helpful and want to solve the issues. I called that Sales advisor who is now playing the blame game and telling me that "itna discount diya hai toh aapko bhi samajhna chahiye" He still states that the car is in warranty though.

Last edited by rockporiom : 3rd April 2014 at 20:11.
Old 3rd April 2014, 20:03   #39
Team-BHP Support

I'm not understanding. Isn't warranty always from the date of purchase of the car, and not the manufacturing date? How can this car be sold without warranty? Does he have anything in writing saying this car was to be sold without warranty? I think you should speak to people in Maruti itself, since this dealer seems to beating around the bush.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 20:14   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I'm not understanding. Isn't warranty always from the date of purchase of the car, and not the manufacturing date? How can this car be sold without warranty? Does he have anything in writing saying this car was to be sold without warranty? I think you should speak to people in Maruti itself, since this dealer seems to beating around the bush.
The same question is running in my mind and I seriously doubt that this was a test drive car and that is the main reason that it was billed in the first place. Also got some information from the SA that the car strangely used to never lie at the godown but used to be kept at the house of the owner of Kiran motors. What can be the reason of this? As things are unfolding I am getting more and more sure that this was a test drive vehicle that has been pushed over to me.
Old 3rd April 2014, 21:24   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As things are unfolding I am getting more and more sure that ...me.
Whodunit? Now you have a name, you just now met him...

- no dealer will ever change parts like a steering assembly with a price tag of 1.5L by paying out of their pocket.

- this was surely a demo car. That's why MSIL is not honoring the warranty.

- his warranty "policy" should be posted in the TBHP official jokes thread. Even for a mixie, the warranty starts from the date of sale and not the date of manufacture.

- In your first post in this thread you state that they replaced some part by taking a good part from another Kizashi. This is outright fraud and yet you supported it because the problem went away.

- as far as I can see you never mentioned the name of the "another" dealer nor the name of the website that pointed out the VIN.

My suggestion: before seeing your lawyer, ask them to pay up and close your 9L loan. In return, give the car back to them for zero value. Walk as a free man.
Old 3rd April 2014, 21:29   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Whodunit? Now you have a name, you just now met him...

- no dealer will ever change parts like a steering assembly with a price tag of 1.5L by paying out of their pocket.

- this was surely a demo car. That's why MSIL is not honoring the warranty.

- his warranty "policy" should be posted in the TBHP official jokes thread. Even for a mixie, the warranty starts from the date of sale and not the date of manufacture.

- In your first post in this thread you state that they replaced some part by taking a good part from another Kizashi. This is outright fraud and yet you supported it because the problem went away.

- as far as I can see you never mentioned the name of the "another" dealer nor the name of the website that pointed out the VIN.

My suggestion: before seeing your lawyer, ask them to pay up and close your 9L loan. In return, give the car back to them for zero value. Walk as a free man.
I am sorry for not mentioning that they used the part from the their own MD's car to test and then ordered fresh brake discs as they have removed it from sealed box in front of me. I would never entertain putting used parts in my car. The other dealer is Nanda automobiles will put up the name of the other website soon.

just to make it clear they have not yet replaced the steering and the car is still with them as they trying to repair instead of replace as far as possible.

Last edited by rockporiom : 3rd April 2014 at 21:39.
Old 3rd April 2014, 22:21   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
What's the likelihood of something like this happening?

I think the OP should write as many mails as possible, keeping the tone polite. Reach out to as many MSIL higher-ups as possible, this would take a few weeks for sure. In a month or two I think you'd get to know for certain if they are unwilling to help. Then you take the media route, still be assertive in your communication and simply hope for the best.

While the car may not fetch much money but keep it posted on all classifieds, you might get a decent deal, who knows.

Also, wouldn't going to the consumer court as soon as possible help?
Old 3rd April 2014, 22:42   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
What's the likelihood of something like this happening?

I think the OP should write as many mails as possible, keeping the tone polite. Reach out to as many MSIL higher-ups as possible, this would take a few weeks for sure. In a month or two I think you'd get to know for certain if they are unwilling to help. Then you take the media route, still be assertive in your communication and simply hope for the best.

While the car may not fetch much money but keep it posted on all classifieds, you might get a decent deal, who knows.

Also, wouldn't going to the consumer court as soon as possible help?
The car has already been posted on online classifieds. Even if I am offered the above solution I wouldn't accept it, why should I loose the remaining money for no fault of mine? I don't have any problem with the brand or the car model but with the specific car. I would any day buy a Kizashi again(a fresh piece this time) if I am refunded the money.
Old 3rd April 2014, 22:50   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even if I am offered the above solution I wouldn't accept it, why should I loose the remaining money for no fault of mine?
Going by the way dealers/manufacturers have compensated the owner of a lemon in the indian automotive history tells me it isn't a bad deal actually.

Of course that's when you run out of all options but i sincerely pray that it doesn't happen and you are able to get a satisfactory resolution to this!

I wish you all the best in pursuing this case, please keep us posted.
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks