Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2014, 09:47   #46
BHPian

re: A lemon, my defective Maruti Kizashi. EDIT: Fed up & SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
The car has already been posted on online classifieds. Even if I am offered the above solution I wouldn't accept it, why should I loose the remaining money for no fault of mine? I don't have any problem with the brand or the car model but with the specific car. I would any day buy a Kizashi again(a fresh piece this time) if I am refunded the money.
Even after so many repairs, will you still have your peace of mind? Will you still be happy & in love with your car?
If the answer is yes, then you should definitely look in for complete repairs at cheapest cost to you.
Old 4th April 2014, 11:45   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Even after so many repairs, will you still have your peace of mind? Will you still be happy & in love with your car?
If the answer is yes, then you should definitely look in for complete repairs at cheapest cost to you.

I would love to go for a kizashi again but wouldn't want to repair this car.
Old 4th April 2014, 12:25   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Isn't warranty always from the date of purchase of the car, and not the manufacturing date? How can this car be sold without warranty?
Quote:
The same question is running in my mind and I seriously doubt that this was a test drive car and that is the main reason that it was billed in the first place.
This car must have been billed as Demo Car to Dealer . Warranty for such cars start from date of billing of manufacturer to dealer unlike normal cars . Sometimes dealers get multiple cars for Demo from Manufacturer & they might not use all cars due to different reasons - I am not aware if there are any bindings from Manufacturer to sell such cars before some reasonable time.

I was recently offered a similar car in Canada - 5 series with about 12 K rebate & 3 Year warranty instead of regular 4 Year , though it had Zero Km on Odo( less than 50 ) so it happens everywhere . What is important is the ODO Reading mentioned on your Invoice / Delivery papers . If this car was indeed billed by Maruti as Demo & Dealer has billed you as new with zero ODO despite been a demo car , they can be under trouble from both - Maruti as well legal authorities . It can be registered as case of cheating , you stand to have a better & faster trial in such case than if you pursue Quality issues
Old 4th April 2014, 12:30   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Rockporiom,

Having gone through your ordeal in the opening post, somehow I feel that although the ASC has been cooperative with their effort, but at the same time I feel that they have not been able to diagnose the root problem. Don't you have the services of MSM in your city? If they are present near your location, talk to them, let them physically examine the car, explain everything in detail and all the repairs that have been carried out at the MASS earlier and ask them frankly that if they can solve the recurring problems for once and all. Show them all service bills so that they can identify the jobs performed on the car. I am sure that MSMs have a few tricks under their sleeves which regular MASS'es; esp. dealer workshops don't have a clue about.

Kizashi is a beautiful car and a flagship MSIL product. If the car is restored to the former glory, then joy of owning & driving it will soon overshadow all the bad experiences you have with the car until now.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 4th April 2014 at 12:31.
Old 4th April 2014, 13:38   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Just met C.E.O Kiran Motors Ltd. Mr. Kesavan. He was quiet polite and was eager to solve my problems. He stated that there has been a Big misunderstanding in the whole deal. It seems that I made a very big mistake by reading the VIN in a wrong way and it now turns out that the car is March 2011 make This makes the car 3 years old now.

He went on to state that even after this misunderstanding the Sales department has made false claims that the car would be sold with warranty. The car was supposed to be sold without warranty. He told me not to worry as the mistake is on their part. He promised a meeting with the higher ups of kiran motors on saturday evening to work out a solution.

It was also brought to my notice that Maruti never honored the warranty for any of the parts and Kiran motors has been paying for them since the beginning.

He also stated that he has no information if the car was a test drive vehicle or not.

He went on to assure that the car had never met with an accident in the past when it was in the godown.

I now feel I should wait till they give me a solution to the mess that they created themselves. As they are helpful and want to solve the issues. I called that Sales advisor who is now playing the blame game and telling me that "itna discount diya hai toh aapko bhi samajhna chahiye" He still states that the car is in warranty though.
Glad to see that you are feeling better. They have taken you for a ride and the CEO is trying to soothe you by sweet talk and blaming others. If they are paying for the parts, he might as well know your issues much in advance. The sweet talk and efforts to resolve your issues will not last long if you are not in sound position legally.

I do not want to offend you but I do not see anything wrong in the blame game played by the sales adviser. I am not sure if you have checked and verified the documents (Warrenty booklet, RC, insurance papers etc) provided to you during the purchase time. I would recommend you quickly check all the documents you got to make sure that you are safe legally.
Old 4th April 2014, 14:11   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umvarma View Post
Glad to see that you are feeling better. They have taken you for a ride and the CEO is trying to soothe you by sweet talk and blaming others. If they are paying for the parts, he might as well know your issues much in advance. The sweet talk and efforts to resolve your issues will not last long if you are not in sound position legally.

I do not want to offend you but I do not see anything wrong in the blame game played by the sales adviser. I am not sure if you have checked and verified the documents (Warranty booklet, RC, insurance papers etc) provided to you during the purchase time. I would recommend you quickly check all the documents you got to make sure that you are safe legally.
Will check all documents as soon as possible. Haven't got the warranty booklet right now since it was in the car which is now in the service center. I just renewed the insurance policy of the car. There was no indication on any paper that the car is a demo or test drive vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Hey Rockporiom,

Having gone through your ordeal in the opening post, somehow I feel that although the ASC has been cooperative with their effort, but at the same time I feel that they have not been able to diagnose the root problem. Don't you have the services of MSM in your city? If they are present near your location, talk to them, let them physically examine the car, explain everything in detail and all the repairs that have been carried out at the MASS earlier and ask them frankly that if they can solve the recurring problems for once and all. Show them all service bills so that they can identify the jobs performed on the car. I am sure that MSMs have a few tricks under their sleeves which regular MASS'es; esp. dealer workshops don't have a clue about.

Kizashi is a beautiful car and a flagship MSIL product. If the car is restored to the former glory, then joy of owning & driving it will soon overshadow all the bad experiences you have with the car until now.

Regards,
Saket
I might sound stupid but what is a MSM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
This car must have been billed as Demo Car to Dealer . Warranty for such cars start from date of billing of manufacturer to dealer unlike normal cars . Sometimes dealers get multiple cars for Demo from Manufacturer & they might not use all cars due to different reasons - I am not aware if there are any bindings from Manufacturer to sell such cars before some reasonable time.

I was recently offered a similar car in Canada - 5 series with about 12 K rebate & 3 Year warranty instead of regular 4 Year , though it had Zero Km on Odo( less than 50 ) so it happens everywhere . What is important is the ODO Reading mentioned on your Invoice / Delivery papers . If this car was indeed billed by Maruti as Demo & Dealer has billed you as new with zero ODO despite been a demo car , they can be under trouble from both - Maruti as well legal authorities . It can be registered as case of cheating , you stand to have a better & faster trial in such case than if you pursue Quality issues
By demo car do you mean a Test drive vehicle or a car that was supposed to be kept inside the showroom as a showpiece for customers to sit in and get a feel.

On asking the CEO about the test drive part he said it is not possible since all their test drive vehicles are registered. It is true since all their swift's, Dzire's, Ertiga's, Sx4's, Alto's were registered. But again can't trust them because this is after all a Kizashi.
Old 4th April 2014, 14:11   #52
BHPian

Why dont you storm into Maruti's main Corporate Regional office of Gujarat. Its on the 1st or 2nd floor of the building which houses Star Bazaar. The Star Bazaar which is on the road from Nirma Circle to Fun Republic! Go with all your documentation. I'm sure the head of the Gujarat office there will be able to find all the corraboration you need after making a few calls. I've known people who have had Dzire's and Wagon'Rs go there and fight for what they think is right. You have a Kizashi!!
rahul4321 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 14:17   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
demo car do you mean a Test drive vehicle or a car that was supposed to be kept inside the showroom as a showpiece for customers to sit in and get a feel.
Demo is for Test Drive purpose only ..
Quote:
swift's, Dzire's, Ertiga's, Sx4's, Alto's were registered. But again can't trust them because this is after all a Kizashi
I don't know RTO rules , if registration charges with RTO are same for Demo or Regular cars , chances are that due to high value of Kizashi they have indeed not got this car registered .

what is mentioned on Invoice as Year of Manufacture - 2011 or 2013 , if 2011 is indeed mentioned what is ODO reading on Invoice / Delivery papers
Old 4th April 2014, 14:25   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
Why dont you storm into Maruti's main Corporate Regional office of Gujarat. Its on the 1st or 2nd floor of the building which houses Star Bazaar. The Star Bazaar which is on the road from Nirma Circle to Fun Republic! Go with all your documentation. I'm sure the head of the Gujarat office there will be able to find all the corraboration you need after making a few calls. I've known people who have had Dzire's and Wagon'Rs go there and fight for what they think is right. You have a Kizashi!!
Rahul I am already in contact with the regional office and have met people from there. The TSM comes to Kiran motors many times to meet me due to the condition of my car. He has also provided his cell no. in case I need any help at any point of time.

Quote:
Demo is for Test Drive purpose only ..

I don't know RTO rules , if registration charges with RTO are same for Demo or Regular cars , chances are that due to high value of Kizashi they have indeed not got this car registered .

what is mentioned on Invoice as Year of Manufacture - 2011 or 2013 , if 2011 is indeed mentioned what is ODO reading on Invoice / Delivery papers
The Invoice only mentions Sale Date of car as 18-03-2013, the dealer code and booking date. The only other thing it mentions is the ex showroom price of car and the VAT that was charged. There is no information on manufacturing year or kms traveled. Another thing that comes to my mind is that if the car was already billed as a demo car how was it invoice'd again when I bought it? in that case I would have become the second owner of the car. But all the loan procedure was done according to first owner of the car. Further won't the system show any error? also even in the DMS the owner's name is my Dad's name even though the purchase date displayed is 30/6/2011.

Last edited by rockporiom : 4th April 2014 at 14:31.
Old 4th April 2014, 14:29   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Invoice only mentions Sale Date of car as 18-03-2014, the dealer code and booking date
Please check Delivery papers - Year of Manufacture must be mentioned - there are some forms on which this is mandatory
Old 4th April 2014, 14:35   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Please check Delivery papers - Year of Manufacture must be mentioned - there are some forms on which this is mandatory
Will check the year of manufacture on the papers. The CEO told me yesterday that the car is a March 2011 make. Checked my RC book today and it also has March 2011 mentioned on it. I also mentioned this in one of my previous posts.
I know it was careless on my part to not check the RC book as soon as it came. It would have raised the alarm earlier.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 15:11   #57
BHPian

Quote:
I might sound stupid but what is a MSM?
Allow me to answer that.

MSM stands for Maruti Service Masters. These are (usually) the largest workshops in the city/state which are owned and operated by Maruti Suzuki. There is no private dealer involved, hence all the staff and administration belongs to the company/on company's payroll. Usually they are the best bet when an issue is unsolved by the Maruti dealers or for servicing of the top of the line vehicles like Kizashi and Grand Vitara.

Usually MSMs have the largest spare parts inventory(other MASS dealers, at times purchase parts from MSMs too). The staff is fully trained and better equipped to answer consumer's grievances.

So, basically, just like you have COCO petrol pumps(Company Owned, Company Operated) where you are much more assured of good fuel and correct dispensing. Similarly, these MSMs are COCO service centers of Maruti Suzuki.

There are two or three MSMs in Delhi alone. I am sure there must be one near your city too.

Regards
Grr7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 15:14   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post
Allow me to answer that.

MSM stands for Maruti Service Masters. These are (usually) the largest workshops in the city/state which are owned and operated by Maruti Suzuki. There is no private dealer involved, hence all the staff and administration belongs to the company/on company's payroll. Usually they are the best bet when an issue is unsolved by the Maruti dealers or for servicing of the top of the line vehicles like Kizashi and Grand Vitara.

Usually MSMs have the largest spare parts inventory(other MASS dealers, at times purchase parts from MSMs too). The staff is fully trained and better equipped to answer consumer's grievances.

So, basically, just like you have COCO petrol pumps(Company Owned, Company Operated) where you are much more assured of good fuel and correct dispensing. Similarly, these MSMs are COCO service centers of Maruti Suzuki.

There are two or three MSMs in Delhi alone. I am sure there must be one near your city too.

Regards
I don't think there are any company owned service centers here in Ahmedabad all are privately owned and operated. will have to see in nearby cities like Baroda or Rajkot.
Old 4th April 2014, 16:27   #59
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think there are any company owned service centers here in Ahmedabad all are privately owned and operated. will have to see in nearby cities like Baroda or Rajkot.
You are right, just had a look at my service manual and there are only 4 MSMs in India: 3 in Delhi and 1 in Chennai.
Another surprising thing, as per manual is that MASSs are not authorised to undertake warranty repairs. So, this can be a reason that the other MASS refused to honor your warranty as it is not authorized to undertake warranty repairs.

Attaching pics for your reference:

A lemon, my defective Maruti Kizashi. EDIT: Fed up & SOLD-imag0373.jpg

A lemon, my defective Maruti Kizashi. EDIT: Fed up & SOLD-imag0374.jpg

Regards
Grr7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 16:43   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Just a small correction with respect to MSM - They may not be completely owned by Maruti. It is a joint venture.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks