Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2006, 01:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

Palio - Releasing clutch at 1st gear

Hi,
I own a Palio D for about 6 months now. I have never faced any issues with this beauty in the past and its been responding nicely till date; only the engine oil and fuel filter what I have paid for during the second free service last month, and that’s it.
Recently I have experienced that the car is kinda throttling in the first gear when I leave the clutch slowly, I guess this was not happening in the past, I have never noticed this. This could be because of the lil slope I have where I park the car and normally take the start. I don’t notice this while starting on a plain surface or down the slope, but only when there is a little slope while I start with the first gear. I have push the accelerator at the same time or push the clutch and release it again little faster to ensure the engine doesn’t stop.
I’m not sure whether this is a problem or something by design which I have not come across earlier. Has anyone heard about such behavior? Or if someone can comment on this?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Ketan : 11th July 2006 at 01:22.
Old 11th July 2006, 02:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

This is totally normal, brother.
Old 11th July 2006, 02:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
This is totally normal, brother.
So, what do you think is the right way to take off on a slope?
Do I need to apply accelerator along with releasing the clutch while on a slope?
Old 11th July 2006, 14:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan
So, what do you think is the right way to take off on a slope?
Do I need to apply accelerator along with releasing the clutch while on a slope?
Release half clutch while brake pedal is pressed down with other foot. At half clutch, engine engages and car will not go back on slope.

Now take you foot off brake pedal and press accelerator while releasing the clutch further.
Old 11th July 2006, 14:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Release half clutch while brake pedal is pressed down with other foot. At half clutch, engine engages and car will not go back on slope.

Now take you foot off brake pedal and press accelerator while releasing the clutch further.
Thanks for the response buddy. I appreciate people here who doesnt feel bad even if I ask silly questions

I remember this doing earlier as well and never experianced this throttling before (I hope i'm using the right tech word / terminology); I have also observed this during the normal start-up,, the issue is not so bad as its there on the slope, however i still experiance it on normal surfaces.

I might be asking for too much here I'll better have one of my friends have a look at this or will see a mech. soon before it gets worst.

Thank you all.
Old 11th July 2006, 16:01   #6
BHPian

Average

Hi,

Please tell me how much average your car (Palio Diesel) gives in city with Ac and Without ac and on high ways.

Thanks & Regards
Old 11th July 2006, 19:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam00
Hi,

Please tell me how much average your car (Palio Diesel) gives in city with Ac and Without ac and on high ways.

Thanks & Regards
I'm getting around 14.5 in city with 30% of time AC on; I travel small distance everyday (office - home) so dont need AC on always in Bangalore like city.
I have not done any major long trips where I can measure highway milage. Its been about 6800KMs on odo and will plan to post a review soon.
Old 18th March 2007, 14:26   #8
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
Just an update.
The issue that I have reported at the start of this thread doesnt seem to be there anymore... I remember I faced that issue for about a month or so and it automatically come back to normal now. I'm not sure if something changed after the free service and then again it got stabilized or something. However, I dont have that issue any more.

With regards to economy, I used to measure it as soon as the fuel warnig lamp glows on cluster and thats how I came to 14.5 KMPL. Later, I did measure tank-full to Tannk-full and it looks like its giving me amazing average here. first time I did measure it at ~ 16.5 and second time was @ 15.7 or something.
Recently not using my car a lot; using only for the weekend trips - waiting on roads to be better close to my area

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks