Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2010, 14:17   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Here's the Poly-watt LED i recently purchased.

Attachment 323161

and

Attachment 323162

can anyone tell how much 10W LED Cost, and can the OM guy of BLR send it when made a pre-payment.
Hi ghpk, while searching for Indian LED manufacturers, I came across this - must be the one you got - Polywatt LED.

Kwality Photonics P Ltd
Old 17th April 2010, 13:33   #152
BHPian

Shyam, I earlier purchased pirhana L.E.D.'s from them, they are great even for a small order of rs.1000 they were so caring, I am refering it as small order as they are manufacturer, so they basically deal in large volumes but it was very pleasing experience to deal with them.

The pack was very nicely packed, each type and colored L.E.D. was packed in small packets with proper labels and quality checks.

The polywatt i purchased recently is from local market as its same price as at kwality.
I'll do purchase a few 1 WATT ones from kwality India soon.

I also badly need "4 legged RGB L.e.d." but they are really hard to find.
and my ebay orders are getting stolen in transit which is preventing me from ordering it online.
Old 17th April 2010, 15:10   #153
BHPian

guys,

is there any LED options for the ANHC. Would you guys help me with this information please.
Old 17th April 2010, 20:26   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
guys,

is there any LED options for the ANHC. Would you guys help me with this information please.
if you don't want D.I.Y. stuff, you can buy replacement bulbs from online stores like this one
if you wish to make your own, trying searching this forum and post your questions.
Old 8th May 2010, 21:42   #155
BHPian

@ghpk

I must say that you are an expert in LED's. Anyway, I was just thinking of changing my scooty's current Headlight bulb to LED bulb of about 1 or 3 Watts. As i mostly drive in city and most of the time i drive in day time only. So just to give my vehicle a good look is it possible to use LED's like this eBay India: High Power White 1Watt 120Lm Led (item 260591843087 end time 25-May-2010 08:52:53 IST)

And Will heating of this LED will melt my current Headlight housing ? As my headlight is working on magnato (you may call it alternator) is it possible to use this led by just connecting resistors ? or i will need something more than the resistors ????
Old 8th May 2010, 22:09   #156
BHPian

Oh no I am not an expert, but may be i gave sometime for my mods

anyway the store you linked is great, they have 10W L.E.D. too its very tempting.

anyway for your scooty, best and cheapest option would be to buy a L.E.D. torch and put its reflector along with the multiple L.E.D. into your head-light.

As using a high watt L.E.D. Requires constant regulated voltage and in case of fluctuation the L.E.D. would blow off.

1 watt on any upward L.E.D. should use a heatsink to work.

you would also need a A.C. to D.C. converter for any L.E.D. setup you want to include in your scooty.

Edit: i found that seller is selling 10Watt 600Lm Led @ 9.8USD while in INR he's charging Rs.650
will be ordering one shortly.

Last edited by ghpk : 8th May 2010 at 22:23.
Old 8th May 2010, 22:47   #157
BHPian

got fast reply from the seller
Quote:
"hello
USD products are shipped from our Hongkong office. from hongkong we
ship by Airmail. you need to pay price in USD & also need to pay custom
duty.
Indian Price are all inclusive and we ship from DTDC from our India
office
Thanks"
So i'll pay the Indian price and buy a few high power L.E.D. on monday.
Old 8th May 2010, 23:02   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Oh no I am not an expert, but may be i gave sometime for my mods

anyway the store you linked is great, they have 10W L.E.D. too its very tempting.

anyway for your scooty, best and cheapest option would be to buy a L.E.D. torch and put its reflector along with the multiple L.E.D. into your head-light.

As using a high watt L.E.D. Requires constant regulated voltage and in case of fluctuation the L.E.D. would blow off.

1 watt on any upward L.E.D. should use a heatsink to work.

you would also need a A.C. to D.C. converter for any L.E.D. setup you want to include in your scooty.

Edit: i found that seller is selling 10Watt 600Lm Led @ 9.8USD while in INR he's charging Rs.650
will be ordering one shortly.
Thanks for your Help

Is it possible to connect my headlight direct from battery ? So that i can avoid that AC - DC converter

I have also brought many products from same seller here's the site of seller Rolta Online Home Page
Old 9th May 2010, 00:03   #159
BHPian

thanks for the link.
you gave me a nice surprise and work to be busy this week end.

You can connect using battery but how would you charge it, making a charger would be another D.I.Y task.
Old 9th May 2010, 00:36   #160
BHPian

Quote:
thanks for the link.
you gave me a nice surprise and work to be busy this week end.

You can connect using battery but how would you charge it, making a charger would be another D.I.Y task.
There is no problem for me to charge the battery as i already have Battery Charger Circuit and already made a Battery Charge and it was also a DIY.

By the way, I found this eBay India: BRITELITE INVADER LED TORCH 1300 MTS WITH WARRANTY (item 380229844778 end time 09-May-2010 13:28:05 IST) on ebay but its too costly instead of this i can even buy a Xenon's. But i want to do some different by using LED's as headlight. Please suggest me something yaar as i free this weekend and want to do some DIY's.
Old 9th May 2010, 01:10   #161
BHPian

Try using a torch, with its reflector and get it fixed using Fevikwik or araldite to your original reflectors thats the fastest way to Mod it.

I searched a lot in local market for good reflector but then found using a Rs.60 torch is the best way to get good reflector for a D.I.Y. Stuff.

you can easily get torches which have option of 1 to 10 L.E.D. and you can use it with re-chargeable cells easily.

I'll be modding my fod lamps to L.E.D. Fogs in next 1-2 weeks, and I am sure thats the best and cheap way to please your self and get good beam throw.

Edit: the torch light you posted is certainly VERY OVER PRICED.
from details looks like its using 3x 1Watt L.E.D.'s and 2500 is way to high for guys who are into lots of D.I.Y.
Old 9th May 2010, 01:15   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Try using a torch, with its reflector and get it fixed using Fevikwik or araldite to your original reflectors thats the fastest way to Mod it.

I searched a lot in local market for good reflector but then found using a Rs.60 torch is the best way to get good reflector for a D.I.Y. Stuff.

you can easily get torches which have option of 1 to 10 L.E.D. and you can use it with re-chargeable cells easily.

I'll be modding my fod lamps to L.E.D. Fogs in next 1-2 weeks, and I am sure thats the best and cheap way to please your self and get good beam throw.

Edit: the torch light you posted is certainly VERY OVER PRICED.
from details looks like its using 3x 1Watt L.E.D.'s and 2500 is way to high for guys who are into lots of D.I.Y.
Again, Thanks for your precious help. Please do post your fog lamp pics !
Old 9th May 2010, 01:21   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamback View Post
Again, Thanks for your precious help. Please do post your fog lamp pics !
Yups i'll post when its done, I'll need atleast 1-2 weeks to complete.

Earlier I purchased 3 torches for it, but the pack didn't had what i expected, may be i was in a hurry and took wrong ones, they were sealed so didn't checked at shop, Gifted them to a few neighbors and they are happy atleast.

Will buy stuff for fog lamps in coming week.

do PM me or post link for L.E.D. power supply if you have it for 12v.
Old 9th May 2010, 01:36   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Yups i'll post when its done, I'll need atleast 1-2 weeks to complete.

Earlier I purchased 3 torches for it, but the pack didn't had what i expected, may be i was in a hurry and took wrong ones, they were sealed so didn't checked at shop, Gifted them to a few neighbors and they are happy atleast.

Will buy stuff for fog lamps in coming week.

do PM me or post link for L.E.D. power supply if you have it for 12v.
Please let me know what are your requirements like output voltage, output current, etc.
Old 9th May 2010, 02:01   #165
BHPian

thanks for help,
i need 12v to 3.6 volts to drive a 1 x 0.75 watt poly watt L.E.D.

for high power one, will let you know once i decide on which one to use exactly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks