Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2006, 17:03   #1
BHPian

Rainy Ghost in my safari

So helhi saw 2 days of rain fall and it seems that a GHOST has entered my safari, this morning i hopped in and drove to get come smokes. all the windows were rolled up and the ac on full blast. Suddenly the driver side window rolled down and then back up again. i assumed that my hand hit the switch and it happened again, it happened like ~ 10 times in a 15 min span.... I know there is nothing like a ghost but this is very wierd. I spoke to my bro ( he usually drived the monster) he told me it happened for 2 days last monsoon as well.....and then suddenly disappeared... what could be the reason ?
Old 13th July 2006, 17:44   #2
Team-BHP Support

whatcanthisbe?? Looks like water sips in and creating a short..
As it dries up problem goes.
Old 13th July 2006, 19:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thank god the thing is not fitted an electrical power steering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
whatcanthisbe?? Looks like..
Old 14th July 2006, 17:35   #4
Awaiting Email Confirmation

dont worry hapens with my skoda too infact she unlocks doors too its a wiring short issue from ecm to switch get it checked
Old 14th July 2006, 17:47   #5
BHPian

a well placed blast from a vacuum cleaner outlet (hair dryer could work too - but be careful about the distance / time exposed / heat settings) should take care of moisture in the control switches. (if it is moisture related!)

Query - is the control panel for the power windows on the drivers side door in the safari ?

also, this could be dangerous with kids / dogs poking their heads / limbs / noses out of windows if this happened with a rear window!
Old 14th July 2006, 20:07   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Pings
a well placed blast from a vacuum cleaner outlet (hair dryer could work too - but be careful about the distance / time exposed / heat settings) should take care of moisture in the control switches. (if it is moisture related!)

Query - is the control panel for the power windows on the drivers side door in the safari ?

also, this could be dangerous with kids / dogs poking their heads / limbs / noses out of windows if this happened with a rear window!
I suggest you dont do anything of this sort, but take the car to the service dealer and get rid of the problem once in for all. If its under warranty put pressure on them. With the water in the system it should easy to spot the problem. Blow drying is only a temporary solution and doing this will mask the problem.

So long....
Old 15th July 2006, 08:38   #7
Senior - BHPian

It happens in my Safari too of 1998 vintage. But vanishes as soon as the sun shines brightly with the brute standing out...:-)

The high level of moisture trapped in does this trick and a service station will not be of much help other than making a hole in your pocket...:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe
So helhi saw 2 days of rain fall and it seems that a GHOST has entered my safari, this morning i hopped in and drove to get come smokes. all the windows were rolled up and the ac on full blast. Suddenly the driver side window rolled down and then back up again. i assumed that my hand hit the switch and it happened again, it happened like ~ 10 times in a 15 min span.... I know there is nothing like a ghost but this is very wierd. I spoke to my bro ( he usually drived the monster) he told me it happened for 2 days last monsoon as well.....and then suddenly disappeared... what could be the reason ?
Old 20th July 2006, 17:00   #8
BHPian

get a tantrik buddy

on a more serious note it certainly seems to be the moisture. just get the power window connectors checked on next service.
Old 20th July 2006, 17:47   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe
hey, Dont worry about it .... instead just enjoy the GHOSTLY feeling !!! Also there is a new channel which is all about ghosts, spirits , super natural, etc and maybe you can get them to cover ur Safari ghost . Just make sure this ghost doesn't know how to get behind the wheel and just take off ... That wud be a real LAUGH

Cheers
Old 22nd July 2006, 08:53   #10
ECM
BHPian

The best possible solution -- after rain I park my B(Yes B for Baleno is my alphabet always) in open ground and open all 4 doors in sunlight.I tell my driver to take care of the car if it rains.I keep the car under sun for atleast 4 hrs and I think this is the most practical solution.This helps to evoparate water inside doors,ages etc.. and the best part of this is you never get a humid smell in your car when you drive it next time after its fully hot...Do keep doors open fully when u park in sunlight.Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks