Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2006, 18:25   #1

New Indica Turbo - is the turbo on?

Hi Friends,

When I drove the test vehicle, I had enjoyed the turbo power which kicks in at around 2000 rpm.

Got the new Indica turbo last week. In my new car, I dont find this turbo lag at all! Its the same with my friend who also bought a turbo on the same day!

There is a strange rattling noise from engine bay while idling when I start the engine in the early morning. This rattling idling noise goes away after driving for 15 minutes.

Do you have any experiences to share before I head to the service station?

Thanks for your help!
best regards
Ganesh

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : This topic has been moved to the appropriate section.

We thank you for your thread, and would appreciate you taking the effort to post in the correct section.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 15th July 2006 at 20:12.
Old 15th July 2006, 19:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont find this turbo lag at all!
Isn't that a good thing??
Old 15th July 2006, 19:34   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gakudva
This rattling idling noise goes away after driving for 15 minutes.
Ganesh, diesels need the warm-up. The engine will become smoother and quieter once it warms up. So what you notice is normal.

Open the driver's door, and you should find a sticker that says you need to idle the engine before switch off and after starting the engine. This idling will warm up the engine after you start it.

Last edited by condor : 15th July 2006 at 19:35.
Old 15th July 2006, 22:26   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Isn't that a good thing??
Well, if there is a turbo without lag its great (I also heard that the lag cannot be eliminated in turbo engines). I dont feel high torque at all. That makes me suspect if there is any turbo power!
Old 15th July 2006, 22:28   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
Ganesh, diesels need the warm-up. The engine will become smoother and quieter once it warms up. So what you notice is normal.

Open the driver's door, and you should find a sticker that says you need to idle the engine before switch off and after starting the engine. This idling will warm up the engine after you start it.
Hi Condor, thanks for the answer. Smoother and quieter with time is okay. But, there is a metallic noise when I start. I also had a look at other Indica which was not turbo, it also makes a noise but not as the metallic noise I hear in my car :(
Old 15th July 2006, 23:00   #6
BHPian

could you record that sound with your cell or so...! What kind of metallic sound are we talking about here...!

Most Viewed