Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2014, 10:08   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Though as of now their reaction is hopeless and unexpected from M&M, I still have hopes on Mr. Anand taking this matter up seriously. Tweets itself has worked and a mail will definitely get you a good response and a positive one.
+1. I hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction without having to go legal.
Old 29th July 2014, 11:33   #137
gemi_kk

Re: XUV500 diagnosed with broken spot welds. Re-weld or replace the frame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk21 View Post
Mate I really don't have the patience to deal with this anymore. I have already wasted too much time on this.

As a last ditch effort, I have emailed Mr Anand Mahindra directly, and will wait some days to see if I hear back. This is my last attempt at trying to resolve things at M&M level. Beyond this, arbitration is the only way.
Sorry to hear this. Had been following your thread since beginning but never posted much just because of the trust in Mahindra. But the latest update came as a surprise.

I have never understood through out this thread, why M&M is doing all this?
If they made a mistake, Accept it and Correct the same with a new vehicle. The whole world knows that there is a certain possibility of an error in any manufacturing process. So, is the manufacturer guarantee clause is made. If they try to make customers pay for their mistakes and try to project themselves as 100% clean, it ain't going to work. But, It would definitely back fire at some point.

Anyways what ever the cost of new vehicle is goes into operating loss and it doesn't affect their company balance sheet not even by a paise. Forget Rupess. They just have to pay less tax to the government. That's it. Why are they wanting to make someone suffer/pay for their mistake?

Seems like, every Indian realizes at some point in their life that they are in India where Justice isn't for Common Man. The justice for Common man in India is Pain & Misery.

Last edited by gemi_kk : 29th July 2014 at 11:39. Reason: Spell mistake corrected
  (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 12:16   #138
BHPian

This is ridiculous and really gets on to the nerves . I'm wondering how audacious Mahindra can be, carrying out repair work without owner's clear instruction.

I don't understand what companies in India think of us, Indians. Do they think we are fools to take whatever is being thrown at us?

If this is Mahindra's way of handling things, I'm going to boycott every offering of theirs in any industry space they operate.

Most of my friends take my suggestions seriously when they come to me for advice on cars, and I'm going to tell them, MAHINDRA = LOW QUALITY + CHEATS.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 29th July 2014 at 12:18.
CliffHanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 12:47   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

This is NOT acceptable! I used to admire Mahindra brand for ethics and the superior customer experience they have provided after the launch of XUV. I even shortlisted this brand in my potential buyer list. I have started to have doubts on my decision.

1. They should NOT have repaired the vehicle without the customer's consent and presence for monitoring the work.

2. They should atleast extend the warranty on the fix for next 10 years -which is a fair time. A mere 6 months clearly says that they themselves do NOT have confidence on the long term reliability of this work which is a MAJOR problem as well.

Hope things work out in your favor from Mr. Mahindra's involvement. A bad publicity can really hurt the brand in the long run, especially since this is a "growth" phase for them.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 15:38   #140
Team-BHP Support

I think enough has been already said on how the way M&M dealt with this issue was unethical, unexpected and unheard of. All are correct and I don't think the way they did this whole so called repair thing is defensible by any length of argument.

However, I think there is yet another aspect of the thing here which is just as illogical here. After doing whatever they did in the clandestine manner the least you would have expected them to say is that your car is now comparable to any other and you will not have this issue cropping up at least on this section of the monocoque. I am not saying the entire frame here as that will be too much to expect I guess

But what did the M&M guys did? They say the work carries a 6 month's warranty? Hello! Is this really something that should carry just a warranty like any other repair work? In a regular/normal car I can expect the entire car to become a rust bucket after 15 years. But in the normal course of usage I don't think a chassis ever breaks into pieces. Unless M&M believes that this a very regular incidence (breaking of the chassis, monocoque or otherwise) M&M should apply the same logic here. They delivered a car which had a big safety issue in terms of its chassis. Customer has still agreed to take your words for it and agree to the repair. Very minimum expected in this case is

1. You will let him see or keep him aware of what you are doing rather than trying to do it in a hush hush manner and then present him with a fait accompli
2. After the repair you will assure the customer that he can now expect his car to be just as good as any other in respect of its chassis

If you can't do these then it obviously means that you have not succeeded in doing enough to ensure that a customer who paid the full amount for a car just like any other paying customer gets a fair deal.

Sorry Mahindra! This one case failed miserably when compared to the way such issues have been known to get addressed by M&M.
Zappo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 18:08   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

For a country that is the 6th largest automotive manufacturer, not having a pro-consumer legal framework is just plain wrong. Without the fear of legal(financial) retribution in the case of defective products, vehicles manufacturers will be sluggish to respond at best.
theMAG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 20:33   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
This is NOT acceptable! I used to admire Mahindra brand for ethics and the superior customer experience they have provided after the launch of XUV. I even shortlisted this brand in my potential buyer list. I have started to have doubts on my decision.
Yeah, I agree. This is just not acceptable!

kk21 - I am very sorry to hear the outcome in your case. I was hoping that they will treat you with dignity and respect and provide an amicable solution. What they did is just plain wrong! Mahindra is just off my list as a potential brand to even consider.
Old 8th August 2014, 21:06   #143
Senior - BHPian

This is literally cheating! Mahindra HAS TO replace the car.

This thread is an eye-opener for people when it comes to the sheer pain in dealing with service centers.

If it was another country, I'd have advised you get your documents together and go legal, but being India, with a heavy heart I'd suggest, if possible, that you sell the car "as-is-where-is", book your losses and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
For a country that is the 6th largest automotive manufacturer, not having a pro-consumer legal framework is just plain wrong. Without the fear of legal(financial) retribution in the case of defective products, vehicles manufacturers will be sluggish to respond at best.
Who knows, maybe thats exactly the whole idea our dear govt has.

The one very easy way to re-collect capital from the masses is to allow them to be lured into buying a capital asset that is taxed left right and center.

To-hell if people are being cheated. Putting laws in place will only hamper this 'process'.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 8th August 2014 at 21:07.
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 21:24   #144
Team-BHP Support

Woah! Missed this thread till now! And all this time I used to think of Mahindra as a very customer- centric company. Sure they have a lot of teething problems being an Indian brand, but atleast they used a take a positive stand for a good customer experience.

But what they have done in this case is just outright cheating. Totally lost the image I had about Mahindra.

That said- I would request you to wait for Mr. Mahindra to respond, or hit the media first. Magazines like Overdrive do help in cases like these (My personal experience where they called up Mr. Bajaj on my behalf just because of a letter I wrote to them). You could also point out the negative publicity the case is gathering in public forums and rightly so. Sad to say this - but sometimes armtwisting tactics are better than requests and legal actions.

Legal process can be the last resort, because it can be quite a tiresome experience once initiated.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 12:10   #145
BHPian

Guys this seems very serious indeed. For a long time me and my family are debating XUV500 vs Innova V and to be honest despite my family's love for the comfort that Innova brings, I had made up my mind to get the XUV. But if I can offer KK21 any solace, would it help if I showed this thread to M&M staff and tell them that the only reason I am not buying XUV is the shoddy customer service like this? I just think if a prospective buyer declines a purchase due to customer service, shouldnt some alarm bells rind? Because, to be honest, in a busy city like Mumbai, a car could offer every comfort under the planet, but if it gets u regularly taking trips to the service station and then haggling with poor customer service, its a no no for me atleast!
Old 13th August 2014, 13:40   #146
Senior - BHPian

The aggrieved party should tweet to Anand Mahindra and point him towards this thread and ask for his opinion. We need to draw attention to Mahindra top management and seek their inputs in a public forum. Then I am sure they will be more responsive in addressing the issue to the satisfaction of the customer.
Old 13th August 2014, 14:05   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram31 View Post
Guys this seems very serious indeed. For a long time me and my family are debating XUV500 vs Innova V and to be honest despite my family's love for the comfort that Innova brings, I had made up my mind to get the XUV. But if I can offer KK21 any solace, would it help if I showed this thread to M&M staff and tell them that the only reason I am not buying XUV is the shoddy customer service like this? I just think if a prospective buyer declines a purchase due to customer service, shouldnt some alarm bells rind? Because, to be honest, in a busy city like Mumbai, a car could offer every comfort under the planet, but if it gets u regularly taking trips to the service station and then haggling with poor customer service, its a no no for me atleast!
More than the dealership. Share this on your social network and keep Mahindra CC and Mr. Anand Mahindra in the conversation. That would get kk21 some response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
The aggrieved party should tweet to Anand Mahindra and point him towards this thread and ask for his opinion. We need to draw attention to Mahindra top management and seek their inputs in a public forum. Then I am sure they will be more responsive in addressing the issue to the satisfaction of the customer.
+1. Cases like these need a top down approach where nothing else seems to be working.
Old 27th March 2015, 18:18   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk21 View Post
Mate I really don't have the patience to deal with this anymore. I have already wasted too much time on this.

As a last ditch effort, I have emailed Mr Anand Mahindra directly, and will wait some days to see if I hear back. This is my last attempt at trying to resolve things at M&M level. Beyond this, arbitration is the only way.
Can you let me know the outcome now. Are you still using this vehicle or had any issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks