Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2014, 13:07   #121
BHPian

Re: XUV500 diagnosed with broken spot welds. Re-weld or replace the frame?

I've been following this event from the start itself. Pretty bad soup on offer after paying big is, UNACCEPTABLE.

Personally, this XUV-whatever monstrosity, HATE it. But the issue is something else here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
The second option should not be in favor by the OP not because of the fit and finish issues etc etc but because it's like replacing the entire chassis for a slight cross member brush that your vehicle might have taken during a trip to Ladakh or an engine replacement because the cause being head gasket failure.
I don't really get the deal of the above quote's owner. That attitude pains bad.

A spot-weld failure at a critical location clearly points to the failure of the original manufacturing process & after sales service at multiple levels, from that robot arm to QC to failed detection at after sales service.

OP clearly said he drove his vehicle around alot with the growing creeks, & so how is it so much difficult for an automotive engineer with experience to digest the excess stress on immediate & other joints, considering this is a monocoque? I didn't invent this, as many others/seniors have pointed this out already. This is not what OP paid for, if that is the case. Chalta-hai attitude must be done away with.

It might get as good as new(?), but it's time to punish the makers for their callous attitude.

Last edited by Stratos : 18th June 2014 at 12:13. Reason: Edited the 'after sales service'
SandyX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 18:10   #122
BHPian

My responses are in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Seriously? for this reported issue? I wonder why Mahindra shouldn't be just given an opportunity to investigate the issue and come out with an acceptable solution.

My sentiments exactly. Let them have the vehicle and examine it to their hearts content, testing the yield point of each and every weld. In the meanwhile, let the customer have a new vehicle.

Completely agree with this. kk21 should constantly record his interactions with service/Mahindra in case he needs these in future litigation. I hope it doesn't go that route.

There is no bodily harm which has happened here. The issue has been found before any incident. So why not give the company a chance to investigate and resolve the issue?

M&M should thank their stars that such is the case, and offer a replacement vehicle for this reason only.

There is no company in the world which makes "perfect" products. Issues crop up everywhere and it is quite normal to offer the company a chance to resolve the matter to satisfaction which is also a win-win both both the party and company

As they say, perfection can never be achieved, one can only strive towards it. Here, the only efforts this company is showing is toward making (immediate) profits by selling a defective, nay, hazardous product.

So much agree with this as well! It seems the issue is just being blown out of proportion here. My suggestion is also to have the company look into the matter and take the appropriate course of action. They made this product, they know it well. Let's just give them a chance to investigate. If they don't resolve this matter in a timely fashion, then kk21 has all the rights to seek compensation and go the legal route. This will also show to the forums that the customer exercised restraint in trying to solve the matter with the company. If the company acts on this well, they gain goodwill and faith in the community. That will be a HUGE win for them. Don't trash them in the social media at the moment, that will only make matters worse. They need to have the opportunity to investigate the matter.

Are you a big fan of repaired accidental vehicles by any chance? Or are you Mahindra's online rep manager? What do you think the A-pillar is? No, its not a part of the the stereo or the air conditioner. In any developed nation, this would have resulted in a complete batch recall, as robots usually don't go haywire and then recompose themselves automatically. Had it been a developed nation, the owner would have asked for more than his money back. The company has already made its offers, both of which are unacceptable to the aggrieved party. I think its high time the matters are escalated, online as well as offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycarhasablower View Post
You would have found the answer to that in my signature itself.The type of cars that interest me are very different from anything that mahindra makes. I like old school automobiles that basically are more thrilling to drive than their modern counterparts. Suv's dont interest me. Although i have been considering the E2O since even before i joined. Hopefully that will be the next addition to my garage

Btw ive owned an indica vista for a few years and tata cars are known to have issues more than any other brand. mine was no exception. But it was a decent likeable automobile otherwise. No regrets. Infact for my personal use i prefer cars that arent too reliable. I enjoy working on cars more than driving them, so a car that doesnt require me to work on it is boring to my mind.
Well, I am also found peeping under the hood rather often, and I also feel that vehicles are slowly losing their character and turning into something like disposable tissues. The older ones were like embroidered handkerchiefs.

Slight OT, do you have an ownership experience thread of your Vista? I'd like to know your experience.

Note From T-BHP Support:

1) Please avoid posting consecutively. Use the EDIT and QUOTE+ functions within 30 minutes of posting instead.

2) Replying in bold is best avoided. Please read the Announcements thoroughly before proceeding.

Thanks!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th June 2014 at 19:13.
fighterace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 10:50   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterace View Post
My responses are in bold

Are you a big fan of repaired accidental vehicles by any chance? Or are you Mahindra's online rep manager? What do you think the A-pillar is? No, its not a part of the the stereo or the air conditioner. In any developed nation, this would have resulted in a complete batch recall, as robots usually don't go haywire and then recompose themselves automatically.
I am not a fan of accidental vehicles and nor am I Mahindra's online rep manager. If I were one, I'd do my part to escalate the matter to Mahindra personnel on giving a solution that is a win-win for both parties rather than posting on forums how Mahindra should be managing this issue to maintain customer satisfaction. I have reiterated several times that I consider this a BIG deal. It's pointless to make this personal when someone's opinion falls on a neutral ground in the current state. My only reasoning is this... Though this is an unfortunate incident for kk21, we all must remember the fact that buying a vehicle means the manufacturer provides a "Warranty". That warranty usually does not say they will offer a replacement without sufficient grounds for doing so. It would be delightful to hear from Mahindra offering a replacement without further questions for an issue like this, but the reality is different. There are several other cases of grave problems on our forums which have been resolved with warranty. My point is that if kk21 had to take a legal course which will be in his favour, then he should have given a fair chance to the company to sort out the problem to his satisfaction (which unfortunately does not seem to have happened so far). He would then have a stronger argument in his favour that the company had a good chance to resolve the problem for the aggrieved party and it did not do so.

And please, let's not talk about what happens in developed nations. We are not there yet and what happens in those countries won't happen here easily for obvious reasons. We need to be practical on how to deal with the issue in our country to get a favourable outcome.
sudeepg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 14:24   #124
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk21 View Post
I am in touch with Mr Sanjoy Gupta over email, in fact yesterday evening I emailed him and waiting for a reply from him.
Hey kk21,

Please update the thread with the latest updates. There are many here waiting to know what is the outcomes and decisions from M & M.

Thanks,
Anurag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
KK21, no updates from 12th June. Please let us know if the discussion with top-bosses has resulted into something concrete yet.
Old 19th June 2014, 15:00   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am in touch with Mr Sanjoy Gupta over email, in fact yesterday evening I emailed him and waiting for a reply from him.
Hi KK21, Have you got back anything from Mr Sanjoy? We are eagerly waiting for what happened with your XUV.
Old 24th June 2014, 16:43   #126
BHPian

Hi everyone

I am sorry for lack of updates, there isn't much I can add at this stage. My car is still at the workshop. I am currently in Ladakh and had been without connectivity for the last many days.

I got an email saying they were trying to get in touch with me, so I will try and speak to them and see where this is at.

Will post further updates.
kk21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 12:41   #127
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi everyone

I am sorry for lack of updates, there isn't much I can add at this stage. My car is still at the workshop. I am currently in Ladakh and had been without connectivity for the last many days.

I got an email saying they were trying to get in touch with me, so I will try and speak to them and see where this is at.

kk21, been quite some time since your last update. Any new updates in this case?
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 18:35   #128
BANNED

Quote:
Hi everyone

I am sorry for lack of updates, there isn't much I can add at this stage.

Dear kk21,

It's been a month and no updates here! What is the outcome?

Anurag.
Old 27th July 2014, 16:07   #129
BHPian

Guys

ZERO outcome so far. Here is what has happened since Ive returned to Delhi.

- Had a meeting with someone from Mahindra early July, who basically convinced me to let them open the A pillar and re-weld the broken spot welds. They assured me someone from Mahindra Plant in Pune will visit and supervise the work. They kept asking me to "Trust" them. I Agreed. Told that guy that I would like to visit the workshop and see for myself while the work was being carried out.

- Called my RM at Sterling motors as soon as I walked out of the meeting, told him that they will be getting a go ahead from Mahindra to begin repairing the car, and asked him to INFORM ME BEFORE starting the work so I could be present there to inspect it myself.

- After a few weeks, and repeated follow ups later, one day I called the Mahindra guy again...and I was told that the Engineer from Pune was "supposed" to arrive "Today". He further told me that he will be out of Delhi for a Week or so, and I will be updated of progress by someone else from within Mahindra.

- Since I wanted to inspect the car while it was being repaired, I Called my RM At ASS and told him to inform me whenever repair work on my car is started. He said Mr Ravi (Mahindra) will call me to inform.

- Again called RM after two days to enquire, he told me that I will get a call back from Mr Ravi (Mahindra) to provide update.

- Next day I get a call from some other person from Sterling Motors telling me that the "Car Repair work is almost complete and car will be ready today" ?? And All this while I am chasing them so that I am informed about when the supposed Mahindra Engineer opens up my car?

- That same day I went over to the workshop, and found that they had already done everything except fitting a few lose bits of the dashboard. I asked them to tell me what work they had done, but nobody present there COULD OR WAS WILLING TO answer my questions. The VP of service was there, and he had no clue about anything. The engineer from Mahindra was no longer there to clarify anything. I was so angry I cannot express it. When I asked my RM why was I not informed before they opened up the car, I was told:

"Sir Since Mahindra is involved in this case ONLY Mahindra people can communicate with you. I told Mr Khurana (Mahindra) to tell you when work was started"

- 2 or 3 days after this I got a call from Mr Khurana (Mahindra) saying they would like to meet me. Same day they came over to my house, with my car. Said they had fixed it and I could take it for a Test Drive blah blah. I was very angry for obvious reasons and was in no mood to agree.

- But my father, who was also present there for the first time, accepted to take the car back - on the condition that they give it in writing that if the same problem happens again, they will then refund/replace the car.

- A week after that I get a call from Mr Khurana - saying they will agree to replace the car if this problem happens again within 6 months. Not even for the full remaining warranty period of my car - which is more than 18 months as of today.

- In short, they wanted to fix the car and not replace it. I Agreed. Now after that they are not willing to stand by their workmanship for any more than 6 months. And still want me to take the car back.

- I have just had a chat with a Lawyer, will be going over to his office tomorrow to get legal proceedings started.

- So far I have extended extreme good faith towards Mahindra and Mahindra. Despite overwhelming amount of people telling me to ask for a replacement right away, I sided with Mahindra and let them fix the car. Since TWO MONTHS I am suffering without a vehicle, but I dont car if the case drags on for 10 years. I really dont. But I will not get bullied by them.
kk21 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 16:37   #130
Team-BHP Support

This is preposterous. How did they carry out the work when clear instructions were given on carrying out the work in your presence.

And not telling you what work was done is even worse. I hope you have not taken delivery of the car.

I would get the entire dash/A pillar opened up again with post work photos.It's sad that there are no pre fix photos else it would have made legal matters easier. They basically wiped out all evidence of an issue.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 17:18   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This is preposterous. How did they carry out the work when clear instructions were given on carrying out the work in your presence.

And not telling you what work was done is even worse. I hope you have not taken delivery of the car.

I would get the entire dash/A pillar opened up again with post work photos.It's sad that there are no pre fix photos else it would have made legal matters easier. They basically wiped out all evidence of an issue.
Mate I really don't have the patience to deal with this anymore. I have already wasted too much time on this.

As a last ditch effort, I have emailed Mr Anand Mahindra directly, and will wait some days to see if I hear back. This is my last attempt at trying to resolve things at M&M level. Beyond this, arbitration is the only way.
Old 27th July 2014, 19:38   #132
BANNED

Quote:
Guys

ZERO outcome so far. Here is what has happened since Ive returned to Delhi.

- I have just had a chat with a Lawyer, will be going over to his office tomorrow to get legal proceedings started.

- So far I have extended extreme good faith towards Mahindra and Mahindra. Despite overwhelming amount of people telling me to ask for a replacement right away, I sided with Mahindra and let them fix the car. Since TWO MONTHS I am suffering without a vehicle, but I dont car if the case drags on for 10 years. I really dont. But I will not get bullied by them.
This is absolutely sad and totally a NO-NO behaviour from their end.

Mahindra staff

But do you have any proofs etc to deal with the legal side?

All best buddy.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 27th July 2014 at 20:01.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 20:00   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

As a last ditch effort, I have emailed Mr Anand Mahindra directly, and will wait some days to see if I hear back. This is my last attempt at trying to resolve things at M&M level. Beyond this, arbitration is the only way.
Though as of now their reaction is hopeless and unexpected from M&M, I still have hopes on Mr. Anand taking this matter up seriously. Tweets itself has worked and a mail will definitely get you a good response and a positive one.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 20:30   #134
D4D
BHPian

Can't believe that Mahindra management just brushes off a serious problem like this. Very unfortunate. It's called Arrogance that they only give you a six month "warranty." Please continue with the legal proceedings and ask for the car's value along with a fair compensation.
D4D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 09:51   #135
Team-BHP Support

This is total nonsense, least they could have done is to get the customer in confidence and get the job done. Could have saved them lot of mistrust and anger. When will these manufacturer's learn.

As a consumer we are short changed big time by these in India!
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks