Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2015, 20:16   #241

Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph View Post
Faced this multiple times on my car. This mostly is an ABS sensor issue, you will have to get it replaced. Skoda is famous for this. If you can check with the previous owner or from previous service records if any of the sensors were replaced from an authorized workshop then remember that each OEM part replaced in an authorized workshop carries a two year warranty.
Hi Jinu

thanks for your help. Can you give me some idea how much did it cost for you to have the sensor replaced. and also what if we just ignore the warning, what problem can it cause.

Also, can come one clarify the doubt that, why is it always that the sensor is faulty. In no car I have owned so far the sensor has actually detected a fault upon whose rectification warning goes away...its always the sensor that goes bad and not the component which its sensing.

thanks
shishir
Old 1st November 2015, 13:42   #242
BHPian

The ABS sensor cost be 3K + 900 in labour at the authorized workshop.
jinu_joseph is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 13:48   #243
Senior - BHPian

That's nothing.. Maybe if it's a clip on clip off part, you'll get it for cheaper at the spares store. Get it installed by your mechanic. 900 rupees labour seems nothing
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 15:15   #244
Senior - BHPian

These ABS sensor issues seem common for the Skodas?! Yesterday i was at Marikar Skoda with the Service Manager and a technician come asking for authorisation to replace the ABS sensor on a Superb.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 18:28   #245
Team-BHP Support

Figured out that, the 9W7 has an option for providing an audible acknowledgment signal every time the phone pairs with it and disconnects from it.

I don't need it since I see the BT symbol popping up on the cluster pushing the ambient temperature to the right side. Besides, there's a long gap in resuming the music after the beep is heard.
Old 1st November 2015, 23:32   #246
Senior - BHPian

I just did my first Auto-Scan of Jetta CL using a VCDS 12.12.3 and it threw a couple of errors including No ASAM found for Engine ECM & Park/Steer Assist. Any guidance on this ?

Also - my jetta has this Park sensor - PARKHILFE 8K H03 0479. Any way to find out whether this will support OPS?
Old 1st November 2015, 23:34   #247
Senior - BHPian

Parkhilfe 8k is ops.
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 23:46   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Parkhilfe 8k is ops.
Thanks !

Also - the 3 fault codes i got were -

Engine - 4481 & 4482
ABS - 01314

Does someone know what they mean and is it safe to clear them ?
Old 2nd November 2015, 00:03   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Figured out that, the 9W7 has an option for providing an audible acknowledgment signal every time the phone pairs with it and disconnects from it.

I don't need it since I see the BT symbol popping up on the cluster pushing the ambient temperature to the right side. Besides, there's a long gap in resuming the music after the beep is heard.
Its a pretty annoying tone which guys disable using VCDS in countries where its active by default. Not a recommended feature.
Old 2nd November 2015, 00:47   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thats odd, I have enabled it too in my jetta but the confirmation chime comes faster than it came for you, Also the music resumes as soon as the chime is gone, I also get a notification on RCD 510 aswell regarding the bluetooth connection to the phone (Connect disconnect both) also on the MFD.
Old 11th November 2015, 15:58   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dial_shishir View Post
Hello All

2) My car is showing famous (bcoz I read at brisk skoda) ABS/ESP error (in maxidot) and the tyre pressure, ESP and ABS lights up, its intermittent. but comes once probably in each 5-10 kms drive. Any experience with that.
Try and perform a scan and post what the error codes are, from which we can know the actual problem. Try to read the output from the ABS sensors using VCDS. If the sensors do give the speed information (should be more or less the same on all sensors), the sensor and the wiring is okay.

There is a high possibility that this is due to some dirt around the sensor. Place your car on a ramp and remove the sensor. Remove the tire and the brake disk and clean the entire hub cup and the place where the sensor is mounted, preferably with WD40. Replace everything and clear the errors and in most cases it should go away.

Special care should be taken when using pressure wash to clean such cars, else water may seep and damage certain components. Care should also be taken when wading through water, especially during rains. The electronics in such cars can get damaged if we're careless.
nitinbose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 21:51   #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Try and perform a scan and post what the error codes are, from which we can know the actual problem. Try to read the output from the ABS sensors using VCDS. If the sensors do give the speed information (should be more or less the same on all sensors), the sensor and the wiring is okay.
Thanks Nitin for the detailed post. I will definitely try all this as I get my VCDS, I ordered last week from Alibaba.

On a side note, Apart from the error the car really puts a grin on my face whenever I am in it.
Old 13th November 2015, 09:23   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dial_shishir View Post
On a side note, Apart from the error the car really puts a grin on my face whenever I am in it.
I'm sure it will be so for at least the next few years!
Old 13th November 2015, 11:51   #254
Team-BHP Support

Cars equipped with the oil level and oil temperature sensor and the maxidot cluster - Jetta, Passat, Yeti, Octavia etc. Try this trick to get the oil temperature to be displayed in the MFD along with the other parameters, if it is not enabled already.

Go to 17-Instruments > Adaptation - 10:

Name:  2.PNG
Views: 5606
Size:  69.2 KB

Under the drop-down menu, select (7)-ESI: Coding of Service Interval Extension (SIE)-TOG:

Name:  3.png
Views: 5614
Size:  134.8 KB

Change the stored value to Oil level thermal sensor connected to instrument cluster:

Name:  5.PNG
Views: 5814
Size:  30.1 KB

Click on Do It!, Go Back and exit the application. Take the key out of the slot, insert it again, cycle through the MFD options and check. If the engine has a oil temp. and level sensor, it will show this display:

Name:  ot.PNG
Views: 5890
Size:  570.0 KB
Source: Google Images

If your engine is missing the sensor, it will show a blank display:

Name:  Blank.PNG
Views: 4334
Size:  115.7 KB
Source: Google Images

In which case, disable the option.

In the Polo, the engine sump is missing the oil level and temperature sensor and although the location is visible, VW has sealed it up completely. So I was getting an error on the MFD when I enabled it. The sensor is inexpensive and can be installed but I don't want to bore a hole on the sump. Cannot expect factory level precision and can result in issues later on.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th November 2015 at 11:52.
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 15:27   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cars equipped with the oil level and oil temperature sensor and the maxidot cluster - Jetta, Passat, Yeti, Octavia etc. Try this trick to get the oil temperature to be displayed in the MFD along with the other parameters, if it is not enabled already.
Unfortunately, Engine Oil Temperature sensor is installed only on Tsi engines and NOT on Tdi engines.

This is a very vital parameter and I cannot understand any reason to omit this. May-be, VW saves machining cost along with the cost for the sensor.

This is possible on any Tsi Octy. Polo GT Tsi owners can check this & confirm.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks