Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2017, 19:57   #481
BHPian

Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLY;4135464Can
we program the "MUTE" key on the steering wheel to function as "PUSH TO TALK"? So that I will be able to use Siri directly. Did anyone try doing this?
I had tried this back when I had the RCD510. I paired my Android phone to the HU via bluetooth and on pressing the button on the steering wheel my phone opened up the google app and was listening for voice commands. For some reason the phone was not able to receive voice commands through the mic. I will try this out with the RCD330 too soon and will post the result here.
Hells_Fury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 20:35   #482
aLY
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
I had tried this back when I had the RCD510. I paired my Android phone to the HU via bluetooth and on pressing the button on the steering wheel my phone opened up the google app and was listening for voice commands. For some reason the phone was not able to receive voice commands through the mic. I will try this out with the RCD330 too soon and will post the result here.
Thank for the response Hells_Fury, I also received the RCD330g+ and in the process of installing it. I will also be able to try it out soon, if everything works fine.
Old 4th February 2017, 23:23   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csr9 View Post
Got the VCDS cable (16.8.3) recently. It is working fine, did an auto scan on my Skoda Superb. The following fault code cropped up:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 08: Auto HVAC (J255) Labels: 5K0-907-044.clb
Part No SW: 3T0 907 044 BK HW: 3T0 907 044 BK
Component: Climatronic H18 0506
Revision: 00001007
Coding: 0000001002
Shop #: WSC 33361 790 00999
ASAM Dataset: EV_Climatronic A01010
ROD: EV_ClimaAutoBasis_SK35.rod
VCID: 7CF038BBF7EF86A2E0-8028

1 Fault Found:
9472533 - Temperature Sensor for Evaporator Vent
B108A 15 [008] - Open or Short to Plus
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 2
Reset counter: 234
Mileage: 51081 km
Date: 2017.01.12
Time: 02:09:43

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is around the same time, the car went in for a service as well as two recalls

1) 23R6 Campaign (emissions recall)
2) 87D7 Campaign (Change of solenoid valve related to the HVAC system). Attaching a picture of the same.
Attachment 1601214

The air conditioning system works fine. It would be helpful if anyone could shed some light on the above fault. I haven't cleared the fault. Can i clear it?
the fault is registered because when the replaced the valve, for the time it was removed, canbus detected a missing valve. You can clear it and see if it re-appears. (is the Mileage shown in the fault the current mileage?) most probably this will go on clearing
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2017, 15:04   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
the fault is registered because when the replaced the valve, for the time it was removed, canbus detected a missing valve. You can clear it and see if it re-appears. (is the Mileage shown in the fault the current mileage?) most probably this will go on clearing
Thanks a lot. I will try clearing the error and perform an auto-scan again. The mileage shown in the fault is when i gave it for a service.
Old 6th February 2017, 06:37   #485
BHPian

Has anybody tried Automatic Rain Closing Windows feature? Polo and Vento Highline models come equipped with Rain Sensor.
Old 6th February 2017, 16:16   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csr9 View Post
Thanks a lot. I will try clearing the error and perform an auto-scan again. The mileage shown in the fault is when i gave it for a service.
then most probably its the time they replaced this valve! i think the fault will be cleared almost certainly.
Old 6th February 2017, 20:10   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Has anybody tried Automatic Rain Closing Windows feature? Polo and Vento Highline models come equipped with Rain Sensor.
Enabled it on my jetta, Works like a charm, You'll get a option on MFD to tick or untick it, Once its selected, Keep any of the window open, Get out of the car, Lock the car and then pour some water on the rain sensor and the windows should close, Worked fine on my jetta.
Old 22nd February 2017, 18:21   #488
aLY
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
You won't be able to track it for the next week or so, And it will take a month for it to come, Sit back and forget that you ordered, I dont see any reason why it wont work though.
The Aliexpress seller has not shipped the VCDS even after a month and I had to cancel it. The refund has been processed immediately and I got the money credited back to my account.

Now, I'm not in a mood to order it again from Aliexpress and wait for long. Could someone suggest me where I can source a VCDS locally in India?

I'm not looking for the orignal one from Rosstech as I don't want to spent too much money on it.
Old 23rd February 2017, 00:01   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLY View Post
Aliexpress seller[/url] has not shipped the VCDS even after a month and I had to cancel it. The refund has been processed immediately and I got the money credited back to my account.
I'm not looking for the orignal one from Rosstech as I don't want to spent too much money on it.
Apparently, Ross tech has taken some legal actions against these sellers who were selling such cables (This is what my seller told me) He also mentioned they cannot keep the listing active for more than 24 hours or else aliexpress will delete their listings automatically, I will have a chat with my seller and see what he says and if he can ship a couple more cables, I have had several guys messaging me regarding this as well, Will keep you guys posted.

Quote:
Now, I'm not in a mood to order it again from Aliexpress and wait for long. Could someone suggest me where I can source a VCDS locally in India?
Could be rarely found, A friend of mine had a couple extra but he sold those as well in a couple of hours, Ill ask him too if he has any by chance.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 16:30   #490
aLY
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Apparently, Ross tech has taken some legal actions against these sellers who were selling such cables (This is what my seller told me) He also mentioned they cannot keep the listing active for more than 24 hours or else aliexpress will delete their listings automatically, I will have a chat with my seller and see what he says and if he can ship a couple more cables, I have had several guys messaging me regarding this as well, Will keep you guys posted.

Could be rarely found, A friend of mine had a couple extra but he sold those as well in a couple of hours, Ill ask him too if he has any by chance.
Thanks Tanveer, If you get any information from your seller please let me know.

I found this one in ebay.in, but it looks very cheap. Don't know how good it will be.

There is another one for 4.2K. Should I go ahead and get it? what you guys suggest.
Old 24th February 2017, 16:33   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLY View Post
Thanks Tanveer, If you get any information from your seller please let me know.

I found this one in ebay.in, but it looks very cheap. Don't know how good it will be.
AFAIK, You can't code with that, Its just a scanner.

Quote:
There is another one for 4.2K. Should I go ahead and get it? what you guys suggest.
The shape of the cable head doesn't look legit to me, Don't bite the bullet, Hold it off for a while, I am waiting for the reply from my seller, Also another friend of mine is trying to source a couple of cables for himself and others, Although the cheapest would be from Aliexpress itself.
Old 26th February 2017, 19:51   #492
Team-BHP Support

Can a Polo or Vento owner with foldable wing mirrors (i.e. 2016+ model) and a VCDS cable kindly help? I have a request. Please take a screenshot from here - 09-Central Electronics > Coding - 07 > Drop down menu screenshot.

Name:  1a.png
Views: 2271
Size:  218.1 KB

Name:  2a.png
Views: 2480
Size:  300.3 KB

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-sbcm-long-code.png

I'd like to know what are the part numbers of the window regulators used in the car. Thanks!
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 20:11   #493
Senior - BHPian

Guys who were looking for the VCD's cable, Couple of links are active now, I cannot be sure of the 17.1 version, I have the 16.8 and it works fine, Please ask the seller to test the cable before sending it,

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/VAG-...6-74ff7482161b

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/VAG-...6-74ff7482161b

Searching for "VCD's" is bringing up a couple of more results now, Have a talk with the seller before taking the plunge.

Please note : I have no connection with the sellers, Just helping out people who wanted to buy these cables, The seller from whom i got it did not reply back, So these are the only options that we have.
Old 1st March 2017, 22:37   #494
BHPian

Did some "Not so standard" coding with VCDS today for my Superb 2014 (3T).

1. Found a way to get the TPMS (indirect) functionality to be displayed as a menu in MFD. My car didnt come with the TPMS reset button and was having the compatible ABS (MK60EC1) which had the indirect TPMS via ABS sensors. My car was equipped with the notoriuos 1K0 907 379 BM module (BM is one crazy series) and hence to get the TPMS sensor functionality on was a pain. Once i did that, i also was then able to get the menu on the MFD - A short Video demos this-

2. Found a was to disable ESC and ASR independently of each other using the provides ASR OFF switch in the dashboard. While doing so, on disablement of ESC you get a cool F1 type warning on the MFD. (See videos below). Though turning off ASR and ESC is not recommended, it might be of use to someone on the track (I will keep them on everytime i drive)

and

newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 15:24   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Did some "Not so standard" coding with VCDS today for my Superb 2014 (3T).
Sweet founds!

Quote:
2. Found a was to disable ESC and ASR independently of each other using the provides ASR OFF switch in the dashboard. While doing so, on disablement of ESC you get a cool F1 type warning on the MFD. (See videos below). Though turning off ASR and ESC is not recommended, it might be of use to someone on the track (I will keep them on everytime i drive)
Can you shed some lights on this? How did you manage to switch off ESC completely? I guess after coding you need to long press the ASR off button for it to disable ESC completely ?

Quote:
Cool ESC OFF light on the MFD
More information on this too

Most Viewed