Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2020, 09:08   #721
BHPian

Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
I have upgraded the BCM to high variant for my BiXenons. I unchecked this option in my car and I am able to see the fog lights work for the CH/LH function. Headlights work as CH/LH when this option is checked.

But this is possible only if you have the LH/CH functions enabled in a previous screen.
Thanks for checking. Can you please confirm the position of your light switch when the CH/LH function worked for you via fog lights? Was it in off position or have you even changed your light switch which has an "auto" mode?
Old 5th May 2020, 09:23   #722
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
Thanks for checking. Can you please confirm the position of your light switch when the CH/LH function worked for you via fog lights? Was it in off position or have you even changed your light switch which has an "auto" mode?
I have changed the light switch to the one with Auto mode as I had installed the rain light sensor as well and enabled this feature. So not sure of the behaviour with the switch without the Auto position.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 01:41   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
I've tried to enable needle swipe feature on my 2017 model (August) GT TSI using Obdeleven dongle, but it says this feature is not supported. Has anyone here successfully enabled this feature on 2017 model GT TSI? I was able to enable the tear drop wiper function and acoustic feedback while locking using the same device.
Hey, I have a Vento TSI. I could enable the needle sweep function using a VCDS cable.
Old 25th May 2020, 16:47   #724
BHPian

Hello,

Would like to deactivate rain sensing wiper operation feature in my 2011 Passat. Is it possible to do so?

Thank you
Old 25th May 2020, 16:47   #725
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Hello,

Would like to deactivate rain sensing wiper operation feature in my 2011 Passat. Is it possible to do so?

Thank you
Yes it should be via VCDS but why would you want to do that? Is there something wrong with the auto wipers?
Old 28th May 2020, 10:29   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you
Prash,

The rain sensing wiper gets activated at the intermittent position. The stalk has a toggle switch on top to control the sensitivity of rain sensing. Moving the stalk to slow or fast positions deactivates the rain sensing. Trust this helps
Old 28th May 2020, 12:20   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Yes it should be via VCDS but why would you want to do that? Is there something wrong with the auto wipers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
Prash,

The rain sensing wiper gets activated at the intermittent position. The stalk has a toggle switch on top to control the sensitivity of rain sensing. Moving the stalk to slow or fast positions deactivates the rain sensing. Trust this helps
Yes there seems to be some problem with the rain sensor (or don't know where the problem is). The problem is, at the intermittent position which obviously has a setting to decrease or increase the number of wipes doesn't work the way it should, and what works is the command from rain sensor. Rain sensor kind of over rides the working of the intermittent mode irrespective of toggle switch position (be it the minimum side or the maximum side) and the wiper keeps working as per its fancy. Even when the position is on minimum side the wiper keeps working without any good reason, which annoys me too much.

Also many a times I have noticed that while cleaning mistakenly wiper lever slots into the intermittent position. Now ideally whenever the car is switched on wiper should start its operation, give at least one swipe. But that doesn't happen at all and the swipe happens much later, say when there is some water on the sensor. Now this again proves that the rain sensor has completely taken over the intermittent mode. Rest in slow and fast mode wiper works perfectly.

I am a person who do not like a lot of use of wiper use when the rainfall is low. Also many a times wiper is working even when the glass is almost dry.

I would rather prefer a setting in toggle switch as per my preference and not as per the rain sensor.

Hence would like to deactivate the rain sensor, if possible.
Old 14th June 2020, 19:46   #728

Hi,
Found VCDS interesting.
I want to know where can I source it in Bangalore.
As of now it isn’t available online.
Or if anyone is willing to sell it away I’m ready to buy.
It is for my Skoda Laura.

Thanks.
Regards
Old 16th June 2020, 10:05   #729
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Now this again proves that the rain sensor has completely taken over the intermittent mode. Rest in slow and fast mode wiper works perfectly.
From my basic understanding, in most of the VAG cars there is either an intermittent mode or automatic rain sensing mode, I don't think both are present together. The small tab/switch on the right stalk controls different parameters for different models.

So if the car has got automatic wipers then that tab/switch controls the rain sensor's sensitivity; left for less sensitive and right for more sensitive. This mode will be activated when the right stalk is moved one position up from the 'off position'. The rain sensor will now operate the wipers depending on how much it is raining and how you have set that tab/switch. There won't be an intermittent mode where the wipes take place after a fixed interval instead the sensor will wipe the glass only when it detects rain.

If the car has not got automatic wipers then that tab/switch controls the wipe interval delay setting. When the right stalk is moved one position up, the intermittent wipers are activated where the wipes are at fixed intervals irrespective of whether its raining or not.

So in your case, the rain sensor is working correctly and always will be the one who will decide when to wipe the glass as there is no intermittent mode in your car.

P.S. I don't own any VAG cars so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by OSH : 16th June 2020 at 10:07.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 11:48   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
From my basic understanding, in most of the VAG cars there is either an intermittent mode or automatic rain sensing mode, I don't think both are present together. The small tab/switch on the right stalk controls different parameters for different models.

So if the car has got automatic wipers then that tab/switch controls the rain sensor's sensitivity; left for less sensitive and right for more sensitive. This mode will be activated when the right stalk is moved one position up from the 'off position'. The rain sensor will now operate the wipers depending on how much it is raining and how you have set that tab/switch. There won't be an intermittent mode where the wipes take place after a fixed interval instead the sensor will wipe the glass only when it detects rain.

If the car has not got automatic wipers then that tab/switch controls the wipe interval delay setting. When the right stalk is moved one position up, the intermittent wipers are activated where the wipes are at fixed intervals irrespective of whether its raining or not.

So in your case, the rain sensor is working correctly and always will be the one who will decide when to wipe the glass as there is no intermittent mode in your car.

P.S. I don't own any VAG cars so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes my car has rain sensor and i guess i will have to live with it.
Prash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 15:09   #731
Team-BHP Support

I have a request. Can someone who has the more recent Polo or Vento which is equipped with the driver seatbelt warning on the cluster, post an autoscan log? I want to know the ACU (airbag control unit) part number. It will be under Address 15, highlighted in bold as shown below:

Quote:
Address 15: Airbags (J234) Labels:| 5K0-959-655.clb
Part No SW: 6R0 959 655 K HW: 6R0 959 655 K
Component: VW10Airbag022 H09 0020
Revision: -------- Serial number: 003GX00PVUS.
Coding: 003232
Shop #: WSC 00788 648 00255
ASAM Dataset: EV_AirbaVW10BPAVW250 A01001
ROD: EV_AirbaVW10BPAVW250.rod
VCID: 4A9F9B99EDE40ED695-801E
Quote:
Yes my car has rain sensor and i guess i will have to live with it.
Did you try disabling the rain sensor through VCDS? In which case, selecting INT on the wiper stalk should enable intermittent mode with adjustable delays like in the cars which do not have the sensor?
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 16:03   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Did you try disabling the rain sensor through VCDS? In which case, selecting INT on the wiper stalk should enable intermittent mode with adjustable delays like in the cars which do not have the sensor?
No, I haven't tried disabling the rain sensor. I do not have VCDS and will have to take help of some team bhpian from Mumbai.
Old 28th June 2020, 19:34   #733

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Yes you can save an entire back up log of your car. Most of the stuff is on trial and error basis and one should be careful while changing critical values. If the function is not applicable then the controller wont accept the code. From what I have seen till now, its pretty safe.

I am not sure about feeding the data to an independent screen. The cable connects to an USB port and works on any windows based laptop with the software.

I am based in Bangalore and would gladly help anyone who wants to try it out.

Hi, I’m based in Bangalore, can you help me with the VCDS on my Skoda Laura.
Since AliExpress is closed as of now I’m not able to source the cable from any where.
It would be really great if you’re ready to help.

Thanks
-Samir.
Old 20th July 2020, 16:40   #734
BHPian

Hello,

Need to scan my Passat as there is this ABS light popping up. Seems one of the ABS sensor has stopped working. I have a person who shall change it for me but difficult to find a mechanic with scanner. Can someone who has VCD cable help please?

I reside at Tardeo near Grant road station (South Mumbai).

Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 18:56   #735
Distinguished - BHPian

Selling off my OBDeleven Pro device (last gen) - just posted on the Classifieds and awaiting review. Gave me excellent results for my basic newbie modding requirements. Needle sweep, Scandinavian DRLs, Battery charge - SOC were 2 minute jobs.

Only requirement is a strong Net connection on your phone as it pulls the modification coding data directly from OBD servers.

Most Viewed