Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2017, 12:16   #556
BHPian

Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Yes when i connected my gt tsi it said update to latest software and then unsupported vehicle error. Software version is 17.1.3 and the aliexpress link does not work now, seems listing is removed. Which version is yours?
The cable belongs to bhpian- Newtonmeter, iirc it is 12.xx. He also tried to load 15.xx files also but got same error.

This is strange, since his cables works fine with all other cars including Octavia Sep - 2017.
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 12:54   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acemanhiflier View Post

Anyways, I had searched for "VCDS 17.8" and bought from the seller "Sweety Liu" from the results. It reached me in a week's time. I got it for $21, with no customs levied on it. But now it seems the prices have gone up to $120-$220 range!!

I GUESS I WAS LUCKY
This price is for a set of 10 pieces , so for 1 piece it would still betwen 21-22$
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10pc...96adf0d54ff2-5

single piece. 24$
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Poli...6adf0d54ff2-10

Last edited by zaveed : 16th October 2017 at 12:56.
Old 16th October 2017, 14:39   #558
BHPian

Quote:

My adapter seems to be the original Ross-Tech HEX-V2, i.e. very high quality. Even the associated USB able is of very good. The LED lights on the side and USB cable lock ooze of quality. The VCDS software ver 17.8 which came in the accompanying CD installed like a breeze without any anti-virus warnings and is working well on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

I GUESS I WAS LUCKY
Are you able to make the cable work on the latest downloaded software, rather than the one that came with the cable? If yes, you sure are lucky.
Old 16th October 2017, 21:14   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetzap View Post
Are you able to make the cable work on the latest downloaded software, rather than the one that came with the cable? If yes, you sure are lucky.
I am able to detect the dongle with VCDS 17.8 downloaded from Ross-Tech.com and installed on my Desktop (see screenshot). The application is showing activate with licence key also being displayed (edited by me in Paint) in the 'About' dialogue box. However, I forgot my laptop at office today, so unable to check with my car.

I think I have been lucky enough to have received an original adapter with built-in licence!! No wonder I am unable to find the item on AliExpress anymore for less than ten times the price...
Attached Thumbnails
VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-untitled.jpg  

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-untitled2.jpg  

Old 25th October 2017, 23:52   #560

Hi All,
This seems extremely interesting. I am based in GK1 in Delhi. Is there anyone with a VCDS anywhere around which I can use to activate a few things. Would be highly grateful.

Thanks!
Old 29th October 2017, 10:58   #561
BHPian

Need help from the VCDS gurus.

I think I have mis-configured my CAN Gateway whilst trying to install a RCD330G Plus Desay AV HU. The HU was not working with OPS and not showing up on a VCDS scan. So, taking lead from another forum, I enabled Radio '56' and Park Assist '76' in the CAN Gateway installation list. When I was committing the coding, a popup came which I could not read.

After that, ESP, ABS and steering errors popped-up. I removed the battery and reconnected after 6 hours. The errors persisted. I did a VCDS scan and got a CAN Gateway misconfigured warning. I disabled '56' and '76' (reverted to original config). Though, CAN Gateway misconfigured warning is gone, the errors are persisting.

I have checked from past and present logs, the coding of the CAN Gateway is the same.

Someone please help!!

On a different note, the HEX-V2 adapter I got from AliExpress, though working with latest VCDS downloaded from Ross-Tech website, is hanging quite often. I have to unplug and plug it both from laptop and vehicle to resume wherever it hangs. Any suggestions?

Last edited by acemanhiflier : 29th October 2017 at 11:06.
Old 29th October 2017, 12:58   #562
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Need help from the VCDS gurus.

I think I have mis-configured my CAN Gateway whilst trying to install a RCD330G Plus Desay AV HU. The HU was not working with OPS and not showing up on a VCDS scan. So, taking lead from another forum, I enabled Radio '56' and Park Assist '76' in the CAN Gateway installation list. When I was committing the coding, a popup came which I could not read.

After that, ESP, ABS and steering errors popped-up. I removed the battery and reconnected after 6 hours. The errors persisted. I did a VCDS scan and got a CAN Gateway misconfigured warning. I disabled '56' and '76' (reverted to original config). Though, CAN Gateway misconfigured warning is gone, the errors are persisting.

I have checked from past and present logs, the coding of the CAN Gateway is the same.

Someone please help!!

On a different note, the HEX-V2 adapter I got from AliExpress, though working with latest VCDS downloaded from Ross-Tech website, is hanging quite often. I have to unplug and plug it both from laptop and vehicle to resume wherever it hangs. Any suggestions?
Try clearing all the DTCs from the ECU through the VCDS as these messages may still be from the previous fault.
There is a chance that the Alixpress Adapter is causing issues as their softwares are often buggy.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 14:11   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Try clearing all the DTCs from the ECU through the VCDS as these messages may still be from the previous fault.
I tried clearing all DTCs, but the one for Steering Assist (03803 - Steering Angle Sensor for Steering Aid) is persisting. Also Steering and soon after that ESP and ABS are also showing faulty on the instrument cluster (but not in VCDS).

Could it be because of the battery disconnection that something has lost alignment?

Quote:
There is a chance that the Alixpress Adapter is causing issues as their softwares are often buggy.
I am running the latest (ver 17.8) original software downloaded from the Ross-Tech website.

And, thanks for the prompt response. Appreciated.
Old 29th October 2017, 15:26   #564
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I tried clearing all DTCs, but the one for Steering Assist (03803 - Steering Angle Sensor for Steering Aid) is persisting. Also Steering and soon after that ESP and ABS are also showing faulty on the instrument cluster (but not in VCDS).

Could it be because of the battery disconnection that something has lost alignment?

I am running the latest (ver 17.8) original software downloaded from the Ross-Tech website.

And, thanks for the prompt response. Appreciated.
To correct the steering angle sensor error turn the vehicle on and turn the steering full lock left and then full lock right. This will recalibrate the sensors and may fix the error. This type of error happens if you turn the steering with battery disconnected and the steering angle sensors get miscalibrated. Try the above step and it will recalibrate the steering angle sensors. The other errors like Abs and Airbag error often come up after battery disconnection and disappear only after clearing through vcds.
Old 29th October 2017, 23:38   #565
BHPian

Quote:
To correct the steering angle sensor error turn the vehicle on and turn the steering full lock left and then full lock right. This will recalibrate the sensors and may fix the error. This type of error happens if you turn the steering with battery disconnected and the steering angle sensors get miscalibrated. Try the above step and it will recalibrate the steering angle sensors. The other errors like Abs and Airbag error often come up after battery disconnection and disappear only after clearing through vcds.
Thanks a ton! Makes a lot of sense. Will try tomorrow and revert.

Any inputs/suggestions on the unstable VCDS issue? I am running it on a workstation laptop with only USB 3.0 ports and on Windows 10 x64. will try to get hold of a lower end laptop with USB 2.0 port and attempt again.

Which is considered to be the most stable OS for running VCDS, if anyone has some inputs?

Last edited by acemanhiflier : 29th October 2017 at 23:43.
Old 1st November 2017, 09:54   #566
BHPian

Quote:
I am experiencing something weird. I still get all the errors whenever I switch on the car. Turning the steering side-to-side 2-3 times makes first the steering followed by ABS and ESP errors go away till whatever time the car keeps running. But they re-appear in the same order again, Steering followed by ABS and ESP, when I shutdown and restart again.
Old 1st November 2017, 10:22   #567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am experiencing something weird. I still get all the errors whenever I switch on the car. Turning the steering side-to-side 2-3 times makes first the steering followed by ABS and ESP errors go away till whatever time the car keeps running. But they re-appear in the same order again, Steering followed by ABS and ESP, when I shutdown and restart again.
Do a full diagnostic and post the txt file here. Let me see if I can notice anything from the Diagnostic log file.
Old 1st November 2017, 11:03   #568
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Check if the battery terminals are tightly fixed. Also, what is the age of the battery? There is a possibility that when you crank, the voltage is dropping which causes these controllers to issue this error. This is just a possibility and worth checking before looking for some complicated problem.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 12:15   #569
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Check if the battery terminals are tightly fixed. Also, what is the age of the battery? There is a possibility that when you crank, the voltage is dropping which causes these controllers to issue this error. This is just a possibility and worth checking before looking for some complicated problem.
Yes this is also definitely possible. I faced this in my Yeti earlier. A weak battery causes alot of the lights to come on and it is possible that your battery has become weak.
Old 8th November 2017, 13:00   #570
BHPian

The ABS light in my 2012 Laura TSi is lit-up and the ASS has informed me that the ABS speed sensors are the culprit. However they don't have the sensors in stock and have requested me to get the car next week.
In the mean time before I give it, I wanted to run a diagnostic and confirm which sensor isn't working as they had changed the Right Front one just 3 months back.
Would be glad if any good Samaritan in Mumbai would help me with the VCDS cable & SW to enable me to know which sensor has gone kaput.
Alternatively is there any physical store from where this cable & SW can be procured?
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks