Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2014, 16:18   #1
BHPian

Car Refusing to Start..

Gentlemen,
The Car in question is a 2006 Honda city Zx VTEC,clocked 100000 KMs on the odo and very immaculately maintained.The battery is almost 3.5-4.0 yrs old.(Exide zero maintenance battery with 05 years warranty).

Yesterday I faced a typical problem.I drove the car for almost 06 kms and then I stopped for a smoke.My break got extended by more 20 min due to a rather longish phone call.The car's basic music system was ON.Upon cranking again, the car just refused to start altogether.I made 04 attempts to start but it would just crank and die down.checked the head lights and other electrical accessories and found nothing unusual.

Luckily it was parked on an ascent,I neutralled it and then managed to start it in reverse gear.Thereafter I drove it for almost 01 km and parked it home.Early morning also it started at one crank and I could drive it without any incident for approximately 80kms.

One quite strange thing I am observing it is the auto roll up and down of the driver side window is not functioning.As per the manual I tried resetting it but still it doesnt work.

I am already in conversation with the battery shop for a warranty replacement as the first step of trouble shooting.
I would very earnestly ask all the connoisseurs what else do you think about this problem ?

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Cotterpin.
Old 14th July 2014, 16:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Refusing to Start..

4 years is the right time. There is not much juice getting to critical components. Only think i would check is any rat bites. The wires may be cut somewhere with few strands nearly clinging on to life. That could be a reason.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 17:04   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
4 years is the right time. There is not much juice getting to critical components. Only think i would check is any rat bites. The wires may be cut somewhere with few strands nearly clinging on to life. That could be a reason.
Thanks for the quick reply.But I am seriously wondering as to why the auto roll up and down functionality is seriously compromised.?Does it any way indicate the battery going bonkers?
Old 14th July 2014, 17:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotterpin View Post
I am already in conversation with the battery shop for a warranty replacement as the first step of trouble shooting.
I would very earnestly ask all the connoisseurs what else do you think about this problem ?
Seems to be the Battery only, most of the accessories would work only the engine would not crank if the battery has some issues. There might be a chance that one or more of the connectors inside the battery (connecting the individual cells) are damaged / broken and not giving the full power to the battery.

The window auto roll might not be related, get the anti pinch sensor checked.

Last edited by m_upreti : 14th July 2014 at 17:08.
Old 14th July 2014, 17:17   #5
Team-BHP Support

Please continue here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...t-what-do.html
Closed Thread

Most Viewed