Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2016, 17:53   #46
BHPian

Re: The importance of changing CNG Filters on time

Quote:
Originally Posted by s10 View Post
I went to multiple and now the one[TR Sawhney motors] in Rohini is following up with Maruti. Its been 10 days, but no success so far.
In fact I went to a local mechanic for advice if I am not able to get it. He said remove the filter and connect directly which I am apprehensive about.
I don't know what to do, Is it possible to clean the current one.
I can attempt a DIY. Reading through all your posts you have also dissected it to peep inside. Can it be cleaned with a spirit or petrol?

I want to discuss it in person with you, is it possible to contact you? You can drop me an email at say2vivek@yahoo.co.in, I can call you up!

Oh you live in delhi. Please don't waste time. Go to maruti service centre in naraina or call them first. They will have the part or will get you.

No the part cannot be cleaned with a diy. I broke it. Smashed with a hammer to see what it looks like.

If you don't get then connecting directly is the only way out. At least for time being. You will at least know if the problem is with the filter or something else.

Shane etc will promise but not do anything. It is no profit job for them and I doubt they are not capable of even handling it either. So go to naraina
Old 25th July 2016, 06:24   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumSunset View Post
BTW, did anyone realize that this another nail in the CNG coffin? (Ok, I did!). I may have done right for the environment but the fact remains that the overall bother about driving a CNG car far outweighs the simplicity of a normal petrol engined car. The economics certainly don't work in it's favour, anymore.

If anything it let's me beat the odd even rule!
Hey buddy,

Why do we feel CNG is not economical anymore?

These days, the Qs are huge on any given cng station, thanks to uber/ola cabs.
Old 3rd August 2016, 16:58   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumSunset View Post
BTW, did anyone realize that this another nail in the CNG coffin? (Ok, I did!). I may have done right for the environment but the fact remains that the overall bother about driving a CNG car far outweighs the simplicity of a normal petrol engined car. The economics certainly don't work in it's favour, anymore.

If anything it let's me beat the odd even rule!
Hi Lithium, let me share my perspective for others to see as well

My Car: Wagon R
Kms of Usage: 1,50,000 (I lac 50 thousand and running
Major work done: One clutch, One battery and Suspension work worth 6,000)
All servicing done on time
Breakdowns and getting stranded on road: Never - just two punctures
CNG filters changed: 2 low pressure and One reducer filter (both obtained with a little difficulty)
Nagging Issue: Throttle troubled me for 10 days and I had jerky experiences. Had to put a car scanner and discovered low current. Changed coupler that is attached to throttle and it was alright
Any other issues: Body roll and wobble in rear seat, 3 cylinder engine is jerky in my opinion, very flimsy body material
Petrol driving: Till 60,000 I drove without running on petrol as adviced by Maruti. But at 60,000 2 injectors conked off and were changed free of cost as they were under warranty. I was then advised to drive at least 1 kms during start which I followed religiously. That is my only petrol driving
Fuel Calculations: Approximately 10,000 kms in 4 months with a total fuel bill of 18,000 ie approximately Rs. 1.80 per kilometer (Inclusive of Rs 800 of petrol I fill every month for the stop start and I km run)

Overall Take Away: I contributed to green environment and my pocket as I found Wagon R a frugal vehicle. Calculate the 1,50,000 with a petrol cost and I suspect my Wagon R has already paid its way for the new car.

So yes a bit of problem but no way a losing proposition!
Cheers
syravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 12:17   #49
BHPian

4 years ago I installed CNG kit in my Civic. As per user manual, Lovato recommends CNG filter replacement every 6 years / 60k KM. I am thinking of getting this done a bit early considering Indian conditions. Does anyone know where I can get this done in Pune and how much it will cost?
Old 23rd February 2017, 15:18   #50
Senior - BHPian

My Wagon R is of late facing a peculiar problem.
The CNG intake is very slow. For example, by the time the car gets its full dose of Gas, two cars are already through.
Could it be because of the filter or inlet or something else? I recently got the tank hydrotested from an authorised vendor.
The car is at 1.25 lac kms.
Old 19th July 2017, 15:23   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syravi View Post
If you think that CNG maintenance was only about changing the air filters, spark plugs and keeping the spark plug at just 1.0 mm, then you need to read this article for sure!
Thank you so much for starting this thread. I have an alto 800 cng which was due for 40000 Km service last Saturday. Went to Sai Service, Andheri as usual.

I am a maintenance freak and check whether all the works which have been listed in the service booklet are written down in the job card by the SA. I noticed that CNG REDUCER FILTER CARTRIDGE WITH O RING which is to be changed at 40000 Km is not listed by the SA, but CNG LOW PRESSURE FILTER CARTRIDGE WITH O RING have been listed by the SA in the Job Card. When I pointed this to my SA he mentioned that this is listed by Maruti just for the sake of paperwork and the part is never available. I went ahead and asked him to carry out the remaining work. I enquiried about the availability of this part at two other MASS and none of them had this part.

Came back and searched Google and stumbled on this thread in our own forum as the first result. Understood the importance of changing this filter and immediately wrote off an email to Maruti customer care.

Today I got a call from Maruti customer care and then from my SA stating that Maruti has sent the part to the service station and I can go and replace the part whenever I am free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post

However, in my 40K service, both the filters were replaced at Rs. 16XX for High Pass and Rs. 1280/- for low pass filter.
From which MASS do you generally get your car serviced?

Last edited by subhro1988 : 19th July 2017 at 15:40. Reason: Adding another quote and a question.
subhro1988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 11:14   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhro1988 View Post
From which MASS do you generally get your car serviced?
I am based in Delhi and I get my car serviced at Shikhar Automobiles, Kirti Nagar. But these people do not have the CNG filters. For them I have to go to Maruti Service Centre at Naraina. They are the biggest but expensive.

Last edited by Samurai : 22nd July 2017 at 17:37. Reason: reduced quoted text
Old 8th March 2021, 19:07   #53
BHPian

I have a Honda Car fitted with Lovato CNG kit. It has run close to 45,000 km on CNG and I have started facing a drop in performance. I am planning to change the filters as suggested on this thread. Since it is a non-Maruti, I am not sure if Naraina Maruti will help.

Does any one know of any part supplier or FNG that can help me source it in Delhi? Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks