Team-BHP - is something wrong here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   is something wrong here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/15335-something-wrong-here.html)

so i drove drom delhi to chandigard left delhi at 4:45 AM (GK) in my 2001 Lancer with 3 other ppl... drove till karnal without the ac then stopped at karnal for abt an hr and the on to chandigarh with the AC ON. The total KMS covered 280//// Avg spd while driving 95-110 i filled up the tank when i eft delhi and then in chandigarh i filled up again.... only 16.9 Liters
my fuel mileage was 280/16.9=16.56

IS THIS right ?

on the way back it was the same thing ....

just confused .. can a lancer give this kind of mileage ...

Isn't this in the wrong section?
Anyways bro,
the lancer can even exceed that mileage.
We got around 14.75 ish on our last trip to pune via the expressway with the car touching 180+ (actually the needle) with 4 people in the car.
It included travelling in Pune as well as the return which was around the same speed.
Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe
so i drove drom delhi to chandigard left delhi at 4:45 AM (GK) in my 2001 Lancer with 3 other ppl... drove till karnal without the ac then stopped at karnal for abt an hr and the on to chandigarh with the AC ON. The total KMS covered 280//// Avg spd while driving 95-110 i filled up the tank when i eft delhi and then in chandigarh i filled up again.... only 16.9 Liters
my fuel mileage was 280/16.9=16.56

IS THIS right ?

on the way back it was the same thing ....

just confused .. can a lancer give this kind of mileage ...

Hey,

I would suggest dont do anything. Most people would do anythign to get that kind of avg. Just enjoy it while it lasts.

Viper

I got 16.25 from 1800cc engine. Two people on board with of 120 and AC on.

Probably you would have got more if it was with two people...

Nothing wrong from what you got and in fact it's good. Don't try to tinker your car for better.

Absolutely fine, I'd say. The speeds you were doing have also helped get those figures.

gettin 16-18 kmpl with lancer on highways is a common thing.

I usually get 16-17 and occassionally 18 when driving at 80-100 kmph consistently with a/c on and proper tyre pressure.

thanks all, i was just confused, i took the lancer out to dheradun back in jan and i got an avg of 11 without the ac and in the city i get 11-12 with 100% AC .... so i was expecting like 12-14 though the roads and traffic conditions are a million times better going to chandigarh than dheradun ...

thanks

understanding the engine of a car is very important and lancer is said to make a good driver out of a person.

We won in the WagonR mileage challenge with some 35ish figure with my dad on the wheel driving 60% city and 40% highway.

my dad is always able to achieve more even If I drive with the lightest press on the gas. the worst my lancer got was 11 in city when I tried to have more pressure in my rear wheels than front and vice-versa.

Of course there's something wrong here!!!

Instead of celebrating, you are questioning!! :p

Dude, enjoy your luck!!

I had a similar experience with my Esteem on a trip to Mahableshwar last year... 3 adults + luggage in the car, AC on most of the time, lots of uphill ghat stretches, 80Kmph average speed (calculated) and still I got 17+ Kmpl!

I had to factor the fuel costs into the final bill when the group was splitting up the trip expenses... so I made doubly sure I noted the readings on the odo carefully and also used the Full Tank to Full Tank method to determine how much fuel was consumed... couldn't have been an error!

I rationalized that it was the constant 5th gear driving with little or no cheeky "pedal to the metal" overtaking (was part of a convoy with pre-decided positions) and a good constant 80Kmph speed that did the trick.

The MPFI Esteem engine is reasonably torquey in the 1500 - 2000 rpm range, esp. with the AC on (possibly runs a different fuel mapping with AC on?). I was able to cruize UPHILL (moderate inclines) in 5th at 80Kmph with the AC on!

Incidentally, among the worst long drive averages I have got was 10Kmpl and it was during the Mumbai + Pune TBHP drive to Ali Baug ... redlining does bad things to the average :D !

- T u r b o C -

hey ...congrats ...u got very good FE...the best that i have got in a lancer with 5 people on board and a boot full of luggage was 11kpl with AC ...
16kpl means you are a good driver and that teh car is well maintained ....:Cheering:

drive safe

Quote:

I got 16.25 from 1800cc engine. Two people on board with of 120 and AC on.
Is this the Amby or the Optra??

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous
Is this the Amby or the Optra??

It was Optra. Coming back from Madras track...

Ok guys, whatcanthisbe had a doubt and he's clear now. Only, he has to keep his baby in right shape to get this more number of times..

As we're through with answering his doubt..we feel it's time to close this one. Thanks everybody for clearing his doubt.