Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2014, 23:22   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Manual transmission isn't dead yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Hi,
How is your work going? Like all good projects, far far more complex than initially estimated/ expected, isn't it?

Regards
Sutripta
Dada, I'm done with the 'core' work, now running the simulations and fine tuning the model. As you said, it was not a piece of cake as I had thought earlier. Design / conceptualization took more time than implementation. Interpreting driver pedal troubled me a lot, I'm finally coming to terms with it. Still there are some finer points which need work, but I'm happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
Back in the day, they said this about carburetors, cb points, hydraulic steering and a lot of other things.
Really ?
Yeah really.

Spike

Last edited by SPIKE ARRESTOR : 12th August 2014 at 23:33.
Old 12th August 2014, 23:57   #47
Senior - BHPian

I drive an AT accord now for last 4 months. And when i came down for a week was driving an Alto. Alto never felt so lively . Anyday Alto is the best car in the market to drive in chennai traffic but it never felt so lively after driving manual for over 3 months.

It was as if the car would do what i want to do with my left hand on the lever and the right leg on the accelerator.

Its very personal and nothing technical but manual transmission is what i like and it has nothing to do with racing faster or riding harder. It just makes me feel you are actually driving and doing more with the car as a man to machine thing and with an AT it almost feels you are driving something that has no life in it. For many of us the machines have life and we almost communicate everyday with it.
Old 13th August 2014, 13:23   #48
BANNED

Even though I may abhor automatics and consider it the equivalent of a certain prophylactic, the unpleasant truth is that they, at some point of time in the future, will unfortunately have something in common with the Dodo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Yeah really.
Spike
Figures
Old 13th August 2014, 14:18   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Even though I may abhor automatics and consider it the equivalent of a certain prophylactic, the unpleasant truth is that they, at some point of time in the future, will unfortunately have something in common with the Dodo.

Figures
Truth? How is something you or some one predict, already a truth my friend... Quote as many examples as you can like dodo, carburetors, etc. but that is past. Extinction of MT may be an unpleasant probability, but far from truth as yet!
Old 13th August 2014, 14:46   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
How is something you or some one predict, already a truth my friend..
Just consult Bejun Daruwala
Old 13th August 2014, 14:50   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Just consult Bejun Daruwala
I guess some one already did to call it a truth.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks