Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2006, 09:07   #1
Senior - BHPian

How to check if Fuel Injectors are alright?

Hi Guys,

I was wondering, how can i check if injectors on my FIAT Palio 1.2 are working alright. I know there is a self check done everytime i switch on the ignition, there are no warning lights coming up.
I want to know this coz after changing all the spark plugs, plug wires and ignition coil for the last set of cylinders, i still feel my car isnt idling properly. The mechanic says its OK. The problem is, that at idle the noise coming from the engine isnt constant, it coughs a little frequently. My mechanic say this is normal.
What are the symptoms, of car with faulty injector(s)?

Techies please help.
Old 26th July 2006, 23:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

Where are all the techies?
Old 27th July 2006, 20:26   #3
BHPian

You can remove them at a good service station and check the spray, also if you do find gummy residue around the injector head, time for a cleaning session. Generally you could even have the injectors cleaned with a cleaning spray which will dissolve the gummy residue if any, however if you do notice inconsistent or sputtring spray then get it cleaned by the Injector cleaning machine. Suggest you also go for a petrol filter change along with having your fuel tank cleaned, this will enable much cleaner fuel into your clean injectors...there is nothing much apart from this you can do unless you do have that dreaded " Check Engine" glow..!
Old 27th July 2006, 21:11   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque
at idle the noise coming from the engine isnt constant, it coughs a little frequently
How old is your Palio? Could be aging wiring and connectors!

Make sure the electrical terminals of the injectors are clean. Spray some WD-40 into the plug and the socket and let it drip out before reconnecting. Works as a good anti corrosive too.

- T u r b o C -
Old 28th July 2006, 10:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Its a 2002 model. I have already changed the spark plug wires to new and no engine warning light is coming up.

Most Viewed