Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2014, 09:02   #541
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Sound of Water Flow from Dashboard when A/c is ON.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
There is some Water flow sound coming from Dashboard when the A/C is ON.
Assuming the slushing sounds as you hear them is true then the solution is quite straightforward. This symptom is a signature of 2 cooling related problems.

a) Heater core line clogged in some part by air which will have to be bled to clear up. Additionally coolant levels must be checked and topped to the brim to enable travel completely through the cooling system.

b) A.c drain tube may be clogged with debris which can be easily cleaned up at the service station.

Ps- If the sound is more like hissing then the compressor and hoses must be checked as it could be leakage. It is also recommended that the gases must be filled to full capacity for longer life and not a near estimate as there is a low pressure switch (usually) that will shut off the compressor when detecting low gas. Trip to service station recommended this time.
Old 3rd April 2014, 10:50   #542
Senior - BHPian

Re: What's that sound?

It is difficult to find a shop which will fill Gas to full capacity since I don't know how to find whether the gas is filled to full capacity.
The previous place (one prior to recent) had filled only 250 gms of gas in our Xylo which resulted in poor cooling. So I got AC gas refilled in Xylo and Indigo XL at the Dad's friend place.
Old 17th May 2014, 20:38   #543
Senior - BHPian

Please refer to below link for previously posted query.
Noise comes only when there is sudden movement of Front Shock Absorbers
The above thread has been closed (for appropriate reason, ofcourse) hence posting here.

The noise which I mentioned was due to the Drive Shaft Ends towards the Front wheels had lost grease. Now I got them greased properly and voila the noise is gone.
Old 19th May 2014, 16:00   #544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by connect2prashan View Post

Hey try to clip on your seat belt into the co passenger side clip. And see if the noise still persist.
So, I have been trying various combinations to see if this noise can be isolated.

I tried that above, and there was no noise.
I move the base of the seat belt further up than I normally would and there is no noise.
When the base is at its normal place, the sound reappears.

I know for sure there is something with the base (where you buckle up the seat belt). How do I rectify it?
Old 22nd May 2014, 00:07   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutdcrap View Post
.....when I started the car, I heard a screech voice as I cranked the engine. When I raced the engine a bit, it grew louder. All this happened for no more than 3-4 seconds after which the sound disappeared. I again restarted the car and it was there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Get the timing belt checked. Looks like it is loose and the timing might be incorrect also. Go to a reputed workshop. This wouldnt take more than an hour to rectify.
My case with '99 Zen is similar. It was serviced recently. There is a screeching sound when I crank the engine in gear. It persists even after moving few metres. By the time I move to 2nd, the sound stops. But this happens only when I leave office at night. Doesn't happen in the morning while leaving home.

I thought it could be due to Brake pads, but could it be the timing belt? Am also experiencing considerable 'to & fro' movement in 1st & 2nd gears over speed humps or in slow moving traffic. The A/c Belt was replaced in the recent Service.

Please advise.
Old 28th May 2014, 08:56   #546

Creeking sound - Left Tyre - Skoda Fabia TDI

Dear BHPians,

I own a Skoda Fabia TDI ambition plus 2012 model. Owning a Skoda has been my dream and it came true in the year 2012. I have enjoyed the car till date and continues to do so. However, there is a slight creeking sound coming from my left tyre while Im steering the vehicle to left or right. Mostly it is heard when the car is idle and least noticed while the car is running. I had changed the the stock steel rims to alloys last year and this issue started since then. I have taken the vehicle to multiple work shops and even to the dealer service but none of them were to help.

Need help and advise please. Please let me know if any further information is required. Thank You.
Old 29th May 2014, 09:47   #547
Distinguished - BHPian

Could be a multitude of reasons, the problem usually is that though workshops can easily fix the problem they tend to ignore small noises of any kind. They think people can live with that instead of knowing that any small noise could be a symptom of a larger wear issue.

It could just be bushings (rubber hardens over time) which may need lubrication. Control arms should be inspected and greased if necessary. If the problem arose immediately after changing to alloys then each man's guess is as good as the other. The only thing to do to avoid any small niggle is to keep the car in factory condition unless really necessary. Speak to the service station in detail and stress on the need to have it fixed.
Old 30th May 2014, 23:02   #548
BHPian

the issue was resolved recently when i took Simba for servicing. apparently, there was an odd wire inside which was loose / not slotted. fixed. no noise.

--
Nayak // Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 3rd June 2014, 02:31   #549
BHPian

Guys have a problem.. When ever I slowly start moving my getz forward or backward with a slight turn in the steering, a high pitched squealing noise can be heard coming from the tyre area. It only lasts for about a few seconds then disappears with normal road speed. Any idea?
Old 5th June 2014, 07:51   #550
BHPian

Last week I noticed strange hissing sound only when I apply brakes. It is very much audible in cabin. But its happening only when I try to slow down by keeping foot on brake padel (may be wrong practice - I feel its required on slopes) and not when use brake pump style. It is happening at slow speeds as well but not at cold start. There is no degrade in braking as such. Would that be issue with rear drum? Any specific thing to check?
Missed to mention: I have DZire vxi 2008 model with 60k running in almost 6 years.

Last edited by sameervg : 5th June 2014 at 07:54.
Old 5th June 2014, 13:13   #551

Noise while releasing brake on SLOPES

Moderator note: Please use Search before opening a new thread. Thanks.

Dear BHPIANS,

My Chevrolet Beat is making some weird noise while releasing brake ... it applies to both Brake Pedal + Hand Brake.

It happens only at the time of release, and that too only when I am driving over a slope (Eg. Flyover). Normally, on the straight surface there is no such sound coming.

Any idea ?

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th June 2014 at 13:28.
Old 5th June 2014, 13:29   #552
Team-BHP Support

What kind of noise is this? Is it a thud sound or squeaking kinds?
Old 5th June 2014, 13:38   #553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Thud sound ... only at the time of brake release. It's annoying.
Old 5th June 2014, 13:45   #554
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman1980 View Post
[b]
My Chevrolet Beat is making some weird noise while releasing brake ... it applies to both Brake Pedal + Hand Brake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Or is it a grinding noise? Looks like the rear wheel brakes are having an issue. Do let us know the kind of sound it is.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 13:48   #555
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman1980 View Post
Thud sound ... only at the time of brake release. It's annoying.
Get the rear wheels checked first, sounds like a sticky rear pads. Usually happens to cars that are washed daily and not run much.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed