Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2019, 22:24   #901
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Polo power window noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm2.0 View Post
This usually happens when water and dust collects along channels. Once when I faced this issue in my 2008 city ZX, the service centre used (and later gifted.me) me a lubricating spray with a thin nozzle to sort out the issue.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the tip. Sadly, despite liberally spraying WD40, the noise persists.
Old 26th July 2019, 21:15   #902
Senior - BHPian

Re: What's that sound?

Posting for the benefit of others - VW opened the door card and adjusted the rear window in addition to also spraying more lubricant. The sound is gone now. Total bill was Rs. 368 but waived in my case since the vehicle is under extended warranty.
Old 31st July 2019, 08:21   #903
BHPian

Yyyyoooooowwwwrrrrrrr

WHERE: Under the hood. WHEN: Whenever you rotate the steering wheel all the way to the left or right steering stop and hold it there.
WHAT: The pressure relief valve inside the pump is dumping excess power-steering hydraulic fluid back into the reservoir. It’s supposed to do that, although maybe a little more quietly.
URGENCY: No big deal.
FIX: It’s normal. Actually, you should check the level of power-steering fluid in the pump. Don’t hold the wheel hard on the stop like that; it annoys pedestrians and is tough on the belt.

Heard this annoying noise first in our 2015 Swift, thought it was the axles that made this sound. Then came 2017, got another car and started hearing this even before the 2000 km servicing . Contacted the technicians, they simply smiled and said it's normal. Didn't really clear all my doubts. Well, now I can say it's done.

Last edited by aah78 : 31st July 2019 at 17:15. Reason: Post fixed. Typos, spacing.
Old 31st July 2019, 11:04   #904
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi & welcome to TBHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _lewie_ View Post
Heard this annoying noise first in our 2015 swift, thought it was the axles that made this sound.
I am more inclined to think that Swift has an EPS, so no fluid or reservoir. And if I am right then you need to further investigate the issue.

Quote:
Then came 2017, got another car and started hearing this even before the 2000 km servicing . Contacted the technicians, they simply smiled and said it's normal. Didn't really clear all my doubts. Well, now I can say it's done.
Which car is it? Hope that's HPS & not EPS!

Regards
Saket

Last edited by aah78 : 31st July 2019 at 17:15. Reason: Quoted post fixed for readability.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 11:45   #905
BHPian

Well, I don't know much about the Swift but it's been about a year since I've not heard the noise there.
Well, the other car is a Wagon R and yeah it has HPS but would really like to fix that too. Thanks for the information though.

Last edited by aah78 : 31st July 2019 at 17:16. Reason: Typos, grammar.
Old 31st July 2019, 15:17   #906
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well I don't know much about the swift but it's been about a year since I've not heard the noise there.
Well the other car is a Wagon R and yeah it has HPS but would really like to fix that too. Thanks for the information though.
I don't know that what is the source of your information. You are clearly misinformed. Both Swift & Wagon R have had only EPS and never HPS. If there there is really some sound, then get it investigated by some really competent mechanic rather than your current one.

Last edited by aah78 : 31st July 2019 at 17:16. Reason: Quoted post fixed for readability.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 16:25   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I don't know that what is the source of your information. You are clearly misinformed. Both Swift & Wagon R have had only EPS and never HPS. If there there is really some sound, then get it investigated by some really competent mechanic rather than your current one.
Thanks for your valuable information, I've been facing this issue on both these cars. It's not like it persists the whole time. Only shows up sometimes which really does become annoying.

Last edited by aah78 : 31st July 2019 at 17:16.
Old 10th August 2019, 18:54   #908
Senior - BHPian

I have a humming sound coming from the front side of my Swift 1.5L 4 speed automatic (74000 km driven 9 year old). The sound is noticeable after crossing 75-80 kmph. I think it is coming from the front right side, but not entirely sure. Shifting to neutral while driving at 80 kmph or driving at D3 mode till 80 kmph is not increasing or decreasing the sound, so I am assuming its not related to engine or gearbox

The sound do increase as car picks up more speed.

Tires are checked and found to be in good condition.
The wheel caps are removed and I still have the sound.

This sound started coming just one fine day, without any changes or service on the car.
The sound doesn't feel like a wind related one.

Any pointers on what could be the culprit or what need to be checked?
Old 10th August 2019, 19:15   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
I have a humming sound coming from the front side of my Swift 1.5L 4 speed automatic (74000 km driven 9 year old). The sound is noticeable after crossing 75-80 kmph. I think it is coming from the front right side, but not entirely sure. Shifting to neutral while driving at 80 kmph or driving at D3 mode till 80 kmph is not increasing or decreasing the sound, so I am assuming its not related to engine or gearbox

The sound do increase as car picks up more speed.

Tires are checked and found to be in good condition.
The wheel caps are removed and I still have the sound.

This sound started coming just one fine day, without any changes or service on the car.
The sound doesn't feel like a wind related one.

Any pointers on what could be the culprit or what need to be checked?
It's the wheel bearing. Inspect and get the bearing of the faulty wheel changed.
boniver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 01:06   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
I have a humming sound coming from the front side of my Swift
Check the wheel bearings and get them press fitted.
sparkguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 13:14   #911
Senior - BHPian

Car: 2014 Verna 1.6 CRDI
Got the brake pads replaced last month and post that, getting this metallic grinding noise at cold start. The noise is only present when the steering is slightly off center, towards left. It goes away after a couple of KMs of driving and therefore can't replicate at the service centre. See (hear ) the video.
Any idea what this could be?
I got the brake pads cleaned and the pins greasedthe but that didn't help. The SA has asked me to leave the car overnight so that they can re-create the issue.

Old 17th August 2019, 15:45   #912
BHPian

Steering wheel makes a dry friction kind of a sound (almost as if plastic rubbing on plastic) at times when I turn it. What may be the reason?
Old 14th September 2019, 14:57   #913
Senior - BHPian

My Best on idling and low rpm makes a "tik tik tik tik....(gap)... tik tik tik tik noise from somewhere in the engine bay or possibly gearbox. The sound goes when clutch is depressed or when the rpms increase. Also when climbing slopes and flyovers the noise increases and becomes a bit clattery like a Maruti DDIS engine being lugged.

Any advice ? Not had a chance to get it examined and diagnosed yet do I would prefer to have a vague idea of possible causes in mind before I do so
Old 14th September 2019, 15:03   #914
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
My Best on idling and low rpm makes a "tik tik tik tik....(gap)... tik tik tik tik noise from somewhere in the engine bay or possibly gearbox. The sound goes when clutch is depressed or when the rpms increase. Also when climbing slopes and flyovers the noise increases and becomes a bit clattery like a Maruti DDIS engine being lugged.

Any advice ? Not had a chance to get it examined and diagnosed yet do I would prefer to have a vague idea of possible causes in mind before I do so
This could be the timing belt or ignition coil spark. With engine switched off, press firmly the wires of ignition coil, distributor and spark plug (if we are talking about a petrol here) to make sure that they are secure.
Old 14th September 2019, 15:07   #915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
This could be the timing belt or ignition coil spark. With engine switched off, press firmly the wires of ignition coil, distributor and spark plug (if we are talking about a petrol here) to make sure that they are secure.
There's a timing chain that's internal so it should be fine. I'll check the coil and spark plug connector. I thought modern cars don't have a distributor cap or am I wrong ?
Any other possibilities ?
Thanks for the advice

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks