Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2007, 00:00   #46
BHPian

Open the hood and try to decipher from exactly which area the sound is coming.
Old 2nd November 2007, 20:25   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Open the hood and try to decipher from exactly which area the sound is coming.
I did open it and noticed that the noise is from the belt indeed. But the strange thing is that it only comes with a cold engine start. Dont quite understand
Old 16th November 2007, 12:44   #48

one more addition to the THUMPTHUMP from rear wheels

one more addition to the THUMPTHUMP from rear wheels

THUMPTHUMP
THUMPTHUMP
THUMPTHUMP
WHERE: From one or more rear tires.
WHEN: At any speed, especially when window is down and there is less noise. Speeds up with car.
WHAT: A loose mud-flap hitting against your tyre.
URGENCY: None.
FIX: Get that mud-flap fixed or replaced. OR don't pull your window down when driving.
Old 10th December 2007, 10:57   #49
VBV
BHPian

sound: Kat kat kat kat
where: around the front wheels
when: When braking or when going over a bad road
what: the problem is of the suspensions, one of the nuts have gone bad. (I drove like a nut on bad roads and after that this happened to me)
urgency: not very high
fix: Get the screws that fix the suspension to the body tightened.

VBV

Last edited by VBV : 10th December 2007 at 11:02. Reason: making it more meaningful
Old 25th January 2008, 20:31   #50
BHPian

The tic-tic-tic sound after switching off the car is usually just the sound of the exhaust pipe and other really hot metal parts cooling down and contracting. I've heard the same on many cars.

Recently I gave my Swift (petrol, Zxi) for its 30,000 km servicing. It was running great before the servicing, but after getting it back I've been getting an almost imperceptible sound/vibration. Its more noticable at higher speeds and frequency increases with speed.. Its so soft that its hard to describe.. maybe "pff pff pff pff pff".. actually more noticable by feel than by sound. Any ideas? I dont want to give it back to the same service centre because they dont seem very competent.
Old 29th January 2008, 10:18   #51
BHPian

Good service center for Ikon in Delhi NCR, suggestions needed

Hi Guys,

I have 2003 Ikon 1.6 & the car has clocked 80000 Kms. off late I am observing some nagging sounds in the cabin, They are coming from seats & dashboard. I used to get my car serviced at Southcity ford, mathura rd, Delhi & now as i have moved to gurgaon, it goes to Harpreet ford.

The mechanics never admit there is some sound & even they do agree about these, they say it's because of my car age or they have done whatever they can do and they problem still persists.

I want suggestions from fellow T-Bhpians for some good quality workshop in around Delhi-NCR, which can take good care of my baby.

Thanks in Advance

O.T... Does Autopsyche (Arush) have a regular workshop?
Old 13th March 2008, 21:35   #52
HKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
Hi Guys,

I have 2003 Ikon 1.6 & the car has clocked 80000 Kms. off late I am observing some nagging sounds in the cabin, They are coming from seats & dashboard.

The mechanics never admit there is some sound & even they do agree about these, they say it's because of my car age or they have done whatever they can do and they problem still persists.
y.

Thanks in Advance
I doubt the vibration would be because you shift gears at a low rpm. Seats and dashboard vibration would be mostly because of that itself.Ans as you mentioned your engine has grown old and even the mechanics don't find that problem. Try shifting gears at a bit high rpm.

Cheers
Old 21st March 2008, 17:37   #53
BHPian

I get this 'tick' sound these days when the car is moving slowly or idling. It's just a single 'tick' and the power seems to change slightly after the tick. The only change these days is that the AC is on all the time. Could that be the reason?
Old 21st March 2008, 18:23   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
I get this 'tick' sound these days when the car is moving slowly or idling. It's just a single 'tick' and the power seems to change slightly after the tick. The only change these days is that the AC is on all the time. Could that be the reason?
its probably when the ac compressor comes on. your idle speed will also go up slightly.
Old 5th April 2008, 09:26   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Ghooooon ghooooon
where : From the front, under bonnet
When: Mid-high revvs, sound is less when AC is on
Problem : AC compressor bearing is toast
Urgency : Get it fixed at the next service
Fix : Replacement of compressor bearings and compressor overhaul. Takes two days sometimes as the compressor is sent to Subros etc., Cost close to 6-8K even in economical cars.
exactly the same sound that I have been hearing lately. Was very prominent last evening when I was driving up from Pune to Mumbai. The ghooooon ghooooon was more pronounced when i hit above the 2300 rpm mark (85 kph and above that).

You are right. The AC compressor bearing must have gone kaput. I have noticed water leakage frm beneath the front passenger seat.
Old 7th April 2008, 01:23   #56
BHPian

Sound in my Spark

Hi Team BHPians

My 9 month old Spark when going near Hennur cross where new roads are being laid.. Gravel dumped but not compacted and due to the rains was spongy.. Sparky hit gravel front left:Speed maybe 20 kmph (was turning into a street). After that from the front left am hearing a sound. a tinny kind of cling clang sound.

When: Car jerks (as in starting from rest. Sudden jerk during gear changes). Bad roads. Smooth roads smooth acceleration you dont hear it even at high speeds.

It sounds as if something is hanging and kinda clangs like a small bell when car's"jerky" movements get it. Reached home. Got under the car and checked with a torch. Am no trained mech but saw no loose or hangning parts..there seems to be a metal plate covering some parts and had taken some beating.. some gravel was on top of this metal plate as well..

Found no evident probs with steering / acceleration. But start the car and release the clutch the sound again. smoothly accelerate on a smooth road.. no sound. What could be hanging down there due to hitting a gravel bank.. is it critical needing an immediate check?? or can I continue to drive it here and there.
Thanks
Nimz
Old 7th April 2008, 13:06   #57
BHPian

In continuation to my previous post.. Looks like something is oscillating.. so the jerk sets off the oscillations which clangs ... any ideas???? poor me :(
Old 7th April 2008, 13:37   #58
Team-BHP Support

There is a possibility that some gravel is lying on top of this metal plate.
Old 7th April 2008, 13:56   #59
Senior - BHPian

Nimz.
May sound weird but sometimes getting the car washed with jet washer at some service center may solve the problem.
Has happened to me once.
Old 7th April 2008, 14:03   #60

squish in my Vtec

Hey,

I have this funny sound in my OHC Vtec.

At around 4100 RPM, in the 2nd and 3rd gear I hear a 'squish' sound - similar to a half second burst of an aerosol spray. Sounds like it is coming from under the bonnet.

At this point there is a brief pause in the car's acceleration and then its normal. I have heard this both during acceleration and deceleration (that is, whenever am traversing 4100 rpm).

Any ideas on this one ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks