Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2014, 08:22   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srameshdelhi View Post
Sorry but unable to digest and not able to resist to write the fact that GTO is doubting

I guess none of us on the forum doubt each other's statements. We are truely sorry for the plight of our forum member. Albeit the facts of the case need to clarified and GTO is probably going about his work to keep the forums high quality and integrity intact. If all the facts are found right I am sure all of us will rally around Vineet and more so GTO,Skoda on the other hand has know to behave indifferently to its customers and we may have another Harish case on hand.
All the very best Vineet,here is wishing you a speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Arjun Reddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 10:12   #77
BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura catches fire, Disables owner. EDIT: Manufacturer response added -

Quote:
Sorry but unable to digest and not able to resist to write the fact that GTO is doubting
I don't see any issue with GTO asking those questions. GTO had taken Skoda to the cleaners in Harish's case. Vineet might be holding on to some critical facts to safe guard his legal case. But, this being a public forum, the facts that he gave initially wasn't comprehensive enough. Quoting myself below in an earlier reply, which GTO also has asked about:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
Dear Vineet, --SNIP-- If you don't mind, could you also give more details on the permanent disability afflicted on you? I'm sorry to ask this, but that part of your post lacks detail given the seriousness of the issue.
Now that Vineet has said that he can answer all these questions, and has admitted to withhold information for the safety of his legal proceedings, lets not take sides, nor be judgmental. Lets wait out till the case is filed, and then Vineet can provide info that proves Skoda is bluffing?
Horizon81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 10:35   #78
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura catches fire, Disables owner. EDIT: Manufacturer response added -

Quote:
S Ramesh, I will be fairly simple on this, Please read this. This thread projected a shallow image of the ex-member and GTO on the other hand went all the way trying to help him. However, In the present case, the facts that are disclosed by the member (except for the pics) have been just verified by GTO.

Team Bhp is a decade old forum with highly experienced people, so its rather imperative for it to have a clear understanding of the scenario. And GTO is doing his job only to assure Vineet ji's case should end on a positive note like Harish ji's case.

Thanks

Last edited by ad3952n : 9th September 2014 at 10:38. Reason: spell check
ad3952n is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 10:35   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Feeling proud to be a part of such a forum which is not only a place of discussion, but moderators walk an extra mile to reach out to the manufacturers and help common people like us to discuss the issue and find a solution with them directly.

Sincerely appreciate the moderators & esp. Rushabh for the effort they put for what they have been doing for us and to uphold the quality of TBHP as a forum.

Sincere Thanks.
saket77 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 11:51   #80
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Ramesh,

As other members commented, it is basically fact finding on my part, to give BHPians additional details & a clearer picture.

Our community is mature enough to handle questions / provide answers and also hear both sides of the story. Some manufacturers / dealers / shops do come forward with their side of events and we always publish the same. Honestly, I wish everyone did. We know all manufacturers read threads on their products, and most resolve it on priority once it's published here, although only a few share their version of events.

Also, do note that if a member's first thread on Team-BHP makes serious accusations, we request the member to provide documentation / pictures for verification. This is for the overall benefit of the community. There have been instances where a member's first thread was taken to the Assembly Line, and taken back live only after supporting documentation was provided to Moderators. In case the documentation is sensitive, then only Moderators verify it (confidentiality assured), without publishing it on the open forum.

When we're convinced that the manufacturer is at fault, and it is the case with 90% of the complaints we see on Team-BHP, we leave no stone unturned in our efforts to protect the car owner.

As long as the case is genuine, I don't see why the relevant documents / pictures shouldn't be shared with other members (or Moderators, if privacy is required). The thread creator owes it to the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Is this from the case against Skoda or Insurance company ?
Both.

Last edited by GTO : 9th September 2014 at 11:52.
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 11:56   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
S Ramesh, I will be fairly simple on this, Please read this. This thread projected a shallow image of the ex-member and GTO on the other hand went all the way trying to help him. However, In the present case, the facts that are disclosed by the member (except for the pics) have been just verified by GTO.

Team Bhp is a decade old forum with highly experienced people, so its rather imperative for it to have a clear understanding of the scenario. And GTO is doing his job only to assure Vineet ji's case should end on a positive note like Harish ji's case.

Thanks
Read the thread suggested by you. Understood that there are fakes in the forum and such a free spirited debates may sometime turn-out to be on a fake case. Never thought on these angles so far. Stand corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hi Ramesh,

As other members commented, it is basically fact finding on my part, to give BHPians additional details & a clearer picture.

Our community is mature enough to handle questions / provide answers and also hear both sides of the story. Some manufacturers / dealers / shops do come forward with their side of events and we always publish the same. Honestly, I wish everyone did. We know all manufacturers read threads on their products, and most resolve it on priority once it's published here, although only a few share their version of events.

Also, do note that if a member's first thread on Team-BHP makes serious accusations, we request the member to provide documentation / pictures for verification. This is for the overall benefit of the community. There have been instances where a member's first thread was taken to the Assembly Line, and taken back live only after supporting documentation was provided to Moderators. In case the documentation is sensitive, then only Moderators verify it (confidentiality assured), without publishing it on the open forum.

When we're convinced that the manufacturer is at fault, and it is the case with 90% of the complaints we see on Team-BHP, we leave no stone unturned in our efforts to protect the car owner.

As long as the case is genuine, I don't see why the relevant documents / pictures shouldn't be shared with other members (or Moderators, if privacy is required). The thread creator owes it to the community.

Both.
As I mentioned, I never doubted anyone or any post in the forum till now. Hence I got surpriced seeing your post on Dr. VineetKr, since he appeared to be a victim. You must have had bad experiences in the past which made you to do this. Understood this after reading one of the fake complaint thread suggested by the fellow member. All right now, go ahead and please authenticate to us whether this is a genuine case. We, atleast I, can hold on posting in this thread till then.

Last edited by noopster : 9th September 2014 at 12:27. Reason: Use multi-quote instead of posting back to back, thanks!
srameshdelhi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 18:25   #82
Senior - BHPian

GTO, Really appreciate your endeavors to maintain the neutrality & fairness of the forum. Hats off to Team-BHP. This is what makes team BHP stand out from the crowd.

I feel proud to be a BHPian.

Dr Vineet,

Hoping for a quick resolution of your issues. Do share the details once the relevant procedures are completed & your lawyer gives the go-ahead to share the details!
AkMar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 19:23   #83
BHPian

Even though it may not be documented in exact words, I understand from this forum that we practice 'Trust , but verify' policy which in my opinion is not a bad thing after all.
Accent Martin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 12:03   #84
Senior - BHPian

@Rush

Your intentions are very clear and we stand by you and with you as you fight to get to the end of this fight for Vineet.

Also, you have correctly said that some facts may be too confidential for the public forum and hence an e mail to you in personal would help you analyse the aspect of the case and subsequently give your expert opinions.

From the post of Vineet, I could understand that insurance has already paid Rs. 18 lacs as compensation.

Is Vineet now pursuing a separate case with Skoda and for what? Compensation or new car or both?

This could not be established.
Old 11th September 2014, 13:00   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

While the facts are verified and checked, clicked this one today morning while coming to office. Been seeing this for the past few days but could not click.

Skoda Laura catches fire, Disables owner. EDIT: Manufacturer response added --img_20140911_080744_1410403181664.jpg

Wonder what happened in this case.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 15:02   #86
BHPian

Just wondering whether there is any update further? Can VineetKr update us?
Old 24th October 2014, 21:15   #87
BHPian

Any updates on this? I know we did our round of bashing Skoda, but eager to understand the status.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks