Team-BHP - Maruti WagonR - Not running in CNG mode
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Maruti WagonR - Not running in CNG mode (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/154828-maruti-wagonr-not-running-cng-mode.html)

Hi All,

I have 3 year old company fitted Wagon R CNG. It has done 43K kms without any major Issues. In last 10K kms, I have started facing one particular Issue. At times, even after filling complete CNG, it does not gets converted to CNG. One way to get around this problem is to take it to another CNG pump and get gas filled for 5 to 10 Rs and then it starts running on CNG. Its really irritating, I took it once to Maruti Naraina and they replaced some sensor but this problem has started occurring again frequently. Anyone has heard about it or can advice on potential solution to this?

Thanks !

It seems the plug is not fixed properly after gas is filled or is faulty .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust (Post 3516943)
It seems the plug is not fixed properly after gas is filled or is faulty .

If the plug is not fitted then the car itself will not start. Does this happens once the car has run totally out of gas and is running in petrol mode when you drive in to the CNG station ? Have you tried doing the changeover manually after filling the gas?

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabhkum (Post 3517100)
If the plug is not fitted then the car itself will not start. Does this happens once the car has run totally out of gas and is running in petrol mode when you drive in to the CNG station ? Have you tried doing the changeover manually after filling the gas?

No, I never let it run out of gas. Its still having 2-3Kgs when I got it topped up, now its full for sure as when I went to other CNG Pump then it only consumed gas for Rs 5.

I tried converting it manually too but its behaving as its not having gas at all. It seems that some valve is stuck. I plan to take it to Service station today.

Just check when you top up the gas then does the fuel meter shows full fuel on cng? Or else might be some valve issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabhkum (Post 3517145)
Just check when you top up the gas then does the fuel meter shows full fuel on cng? Or else might be some valve issue.

It does not show any green bar indicating as if no CNG is inside. whereas, if I see meter fitted with cylinder, it shows that gas is inside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sang (Post 3517169)
It does not show any green bar indicating as if no CNG is inside. whereas, if I see meter fitted with cylinder, it shows that gas is inside.

Dear Sang

Pls. get the sensors changed/repaired.

Wagon R has an intelligent CNG known as i-GPI(intelligent gas port injection) set up that is not dependent on the engine speed and converts to CNG automatically when the required engine temperature is reached.

Now consider that the sensors(CNG) does not detect the gas in the car system hence the green lights do not show up. The kit is a factory fitted Venturi sequential system that is modeled to "sense" the gas through the sensors.
It could also do with the temperature sensors that do not detect the ideal switch over temperature from petrol to CNG.

A mal functioning sensor hence would result in the problem you are facing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arnabchak (Post 3517193)
Dear Sang

Pls. get the sensors changed/repaired.

Wagon R has an intelligent CNG known as i-GPI(intelligent gas port injection) set up that is not dependent on the engine speed and converts to CNG automatically when the required engine temperature is reached.

Now consider that the sensors(CNG) does not detect the gas in the car system hence the green lights do not show up. The kit is a factory fitted Venturi sequential system that is modeled to "sense" the gas through the sensors.
It could also do with the temperature sensors that do not detect the ideal switch over temperature from petrol to CNG.

A mal functioning sensor hence would result in the problem you are facing.

I took it to service station and they corrected it. What they mentioned is that Flusher or something like that had dust and it got stuck. They cleaned it and its working again.

Final status is that they corrected it by replacing plunger, it was changed under warranty and its working fine now.

Hi Sang, I am facing a similar issue in my Wagon R CNG 2011. Gas is full but its not switching to CNG and CNG bars are also not showing. You have mentioned the fix replacing plunger, how much does that cost?