Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2006, 11:16   #1
BHPian

LPG/CNG for Palio 1.2 ELX

Hi Guys,

I have a 2 month old Palio 1.2 ELX NV.

I am confused whether to convert to LPG or not.

1.If I do it now,will it void the company warranty.Is it better to wait for couple of years and then do the conversion?

2.Can Palio 1.2 run on a CNG?

3.Can I have either LPG/CNG to go in parallel with Petrol (since the LPG/CNG stations aren't many - atleast in Bangalore) ?

4.Bangalore guys,who does it better in Bangalore and which company's kit is better?

6.What will be the approximate cost for the conversion kit and installation charges?Is there any thing extras which I need to fit along with this, to balance the loss of power/mileage etc?

Guys,waiting for your advice..

Thanks,
Old 28th July 2006, 11:32   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangboy
Hi Guys,

I have a 2 month old Palio 1.2 ELX NV.

I am confused whether to convert to LPG or not.

1.If I do it now,will it void the company warranty.Is it better to wait for couple of years and then do the conversion?

3.Can I have either LPG/CNG to go in parallel with Petrol (since the LPG/CNG stations aren't many - atleast in Bangalore) ?

4.Bangalore guys,who does it better in Bangalore and which company's kit is better?

6.What will be the approximate cost for the conversion kit and installation charges?Is there any thing extras which I need to fit along with this, to balance the loss of power/mileage etc?

Guys,waiting for your advice..

Thanks,

Hi Bangboy,
Hope this helps:-

Ans:- Yes it will. Ideally you should wait for the warranty period to get over, however if you feel that the savings from the conversion override the advantages from warranty, do go ahead. It depends on your daily run.

Ans:Yes.

Ans: All kits are dual fuel.

Ans: LPG 20k + RTO reg (1K). CNG 40K + RTO (1K)... with LPG there is a marginal loss of power, which you might not be able to make out. with CNG you can make out the power loss distinctly. But the savings with CNG is substantially more than with LPG.
The following link would give you some more dope on LPG/ CNG coversion:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ghlight=samrat

Cheers,
Samrat
Old 28th July 2006, 11:38   #3
BANNED

Hey, my brother-in-law's mom has been running CNG in her Palio 1.2 for about 6 months now. The car was about a year old when she fitted the kit. Except for the big cylinder occupying most of the boot, she's had no problems so far.

However, I suspect the added weight in the back will eventually wear out the rear shocks and springs much faster than normal.

Yes, you do have a bi-fuel option. All you have to do is flick the switch and choose between petrol or cng/lpg.

I'll find out which kit she's using and let you know.
Old 28th July 2006, 12:10   #4
BHPian

Thank you guys, for the inputs.

Bangalore guys, any idea which is a better place to fit the LPG/CNG kit?

Thanks,

Most Viewed