Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2006, 21:23   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Neo , as i said earlier .. I certainly wouldnt be happy if my tuner would make me run a T3 at 4 psi .. Stock internals with bigger injectors can hold upto 8 psi (or so im told) .. I guess after doing this much and spending and risking getting a TC done u ought to go higher on boost .. Maybe put in a greddy e-manage too or try getting hands on a megasquirt .. Actually a few of us are planning a few really whacky and weird stuff for our balenos .. Will let u know if something materializes soon ..

Quote:
dude anant was working on a tc baleno in feb...is urs the one?
Yup this is the one .. Sorry that i got confused with the tuner neo ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 29th July 2006 at 21:27.
Old 29th July 2006, 21:23   #17
BHPian

car was done by anant pithawala from N1 Engineering corporation with tha help of National garage . which are even servicing Ferraries , bmws , masarraties and other imported cars ( although i have seen only two when i went to his garage. some violet silver masarrati owner was ordering backside glass (of cost Rs 160000....wow))

Last edited by Mpower : 29th July 2006 at 23:11.
Old 29th July 2006, 21:38   #18
BHPian

nope i didnt remapped ECU or even i dont have fuel management system..
i have only used Turbosmart fuel cut denfender which fights with ECU not to cut fuel............well i have Euro 3 baleno.. will send picture on wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by diven_b
@neo......
dude anant was working on a tc baleno in feb...is urs the one?
ya that was mine at national garage

POST MERGED: Please use edit function if posting within 20 mins.

Last edited by Mpower : 29th July 2006 at 23:28.
Old 29th July 2006, 22:59   #19
BHPian

hi

where can i buy Greddy emanage in india?
what is the price?
Will it work with my turbo baleno and i have new accord 2.4 MT for future project
Old 29th July 2006, 23:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace
_______________AND the LPG matter____________________________
I have researched that LPG has high octane value (110) and is better then our BHARAT PETROLIUM SPEED97 ..with good quality computer operated LPG kit fitments (with step motor )and 2 gas vaporiser units (?) and with GAS injection system u can send GAS as much as u want to with tha help of boosted air comming from intercooler ..no need of fuel managment system, no remapping of ECU , no need to change fuel injectors and can go safely 8 psi of boost
Well you are correct in theory. More over you dont need 2 vaporisers. You can use a larger unit designed for say a 2.0 liter engine. That should have enough gas flow.

But in reality, its not enough to control gas flow using TPS/MAP, you need to know when and how much boost you have and adjust accordingly and I dont know if any gas kit's ECU has that capability. But sounds like an interesting experiment and definetly keep us posted.
Old 29th July 2006, 23:53   #21
BHPian

Moreover lpg is dry fuel and with no lubrication + turbo boost = heat build up in the combustion chamber to an extend that piston will expand the rings will fry & your engine is R.I.P
Old 30th July 2006, 09:33   #22
BANNED

Hi,

To add I would recommend you show your car to Karan of KS Motorsport in Mumbai who has IMO a lot of knowledge on turbos. He has worked on a lot of cars here and should be able to guide you.

BTW National Garage is far away from competant as far as engine modifications or installing Turbo's go. You have gone to the wrong people to get your work done and am sure you have paid a fat bill with zero satisfaction.

Viper
Old 30th July 2006, 09:42   #23

I dont have much knowledge of turbocharging but using LPg in turbo is something weired

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by adya33 : 30th July 2006 at 10:34.
Old 30th July 2006, 10:20   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
Moreover lpg is dry fuel and with no lubrication + turbo boost = heat build up in the combustion chamber to an extend that piston will expand the rings will fry & your engine is R.I.P

we can use petrol and Gas both options are available by pressing single switch. (all LPG fitted cars starts in petrol and then goes to gas)
I know LPG+ BOOST gonna dry the chamber but using highperformance engine oil + good quality coolant might solve problem i think...(someone is using Lovato LPG kit in SKODA RS in surat...i will find him in short time)
Old 30th July 2006, 10:23   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Well you are correct in theory. More over you dont need 2 vaporisers. You can use a larger unit designed for say a 2.0 liter engine. That should have enough gas flow.

But in reality, its not enough to control gas flow using TPS/MAP, you need to know when and how much boost you have and adjust accordingly and I dont know if any gas kit's ECU has that capability. But sounds like an interesting experiment and definetly keep us posted.

hope SKODA RS (1.8 petrol turbo) lpg kit fitments from lovato will help me tha same. i came to know that someone has fitted one in here in surat.. ill send details as soon as i ll find him

Last edited by neo_trace : 30th July 2006 at 10:25.
Old 30th July 2006, 12:11   #26
BHPian

Quote:
I know LPG+ BOOST gonna dry the chamber but using highperformance engine oil + good quality coolant might solve problem i think...(someone is using Lovato LPG kit in SKODA RS in surat...i will find him in short time)
Well its your car & your engine instead of experimenting with the LPG on your engine i recommed you finding the root cause of the problem which you are facing with petrol at 4Psi which is hardly any boost,by putting lpg things will get more complicated & you will land up nowhere, to start with i recommend you using T20 or T25 Turbo, T3/T4 Hybrid turbo is way too big for your application, try to keep things simple dont be in a hurry to make huge HP numbers, remember power is nothing without reliability.

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 30th July 2006 at 12:15.
Old 30th July 2006, 12:23   #27
BANNED

Too late, he's already got the T3/4 installed...no going back now...
Old 30th July 2006, 14:04   #28
Senior - BHPian

A t3 t4 hybrid is a good turbo, however would not recommend using LPG for one simple reason that you can never have fine control over the flow over the entire rpm range... get yourself better injectors as recommended in the other forum . that would help you go past the 4 psi headache.
Old 30th July 2006, 21:39   #29
BHPian

I think instead of going for LPG (that would be a silly thing for reason mentioned by FR) you should get yourself a GReddy E Manage Box and upgrade your pistons. Also i am not so sure about how capable stock internals of Baleno are to take the 4psi*(though its surely not much as you can run 8psi with ease) What tyres are your running and which is the Baleno forum you guys are talking about.
Old 2nd August 2006, 02:50   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace
hope SKODA RS (1.8 petrol turbo) lpg kit fitments from lovato will help me tha same. i came to know that someone has fitted one in here in surat.. ill send details as soon as i ll find him
If indeed Lovato makes a kit specifically for the RS, then you maybe in luck. But I have a feeling they use MAF signal instead of boost pressure.
Not all cars have MAF but typically German cars do. (correct me if I'm wrong about the RS). So when you look at the kit make sure it can take an input from boost gage.

If indeed that is the case then you cannot use it because your Baleno dosent have one........unless you want to graft the RS's MAF sensor into your Baleno.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks