Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2010, 21:32   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a Film on the rear glass of my Punto since more than 10 months now, i did not face any issues. I used the defogger extensively in the winters. Sunfilm can be installed on rear glass with defogger, ive always had film on all my cars.
Old 17th April 2010, 21:41   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
U can surely install sunfilm on the front windscreen. Rejects UV rays and helps in a cooler cabin.
but why only the rear?
defogger will effect even the front screen?

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th April 2010 at 11:18. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 17th April 2010, 21:42   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I have a Film on the rear glass of my Punto since more than 10 months now, i did not face any issues. I used the defogger extensively in the winters. Sunfilm can be installed on rear glass with defogger, ive always had film on all my cars.
which films have you used?
does the defogger work equally well?
Old 17th April 2010, 21:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
but why only the rear?
defogger will effect even the front screen?
I dont quite get you.

U can install sunfilm on the front windscreen. The front windscreen gets its defogging service from the air vents below it unlike the rear, where a defogger strip is heated. Hence, it is not advised to use sunfilm on the rear windscreen as it may damage the circuit. Either during the install or while you change the sunfilm later on.

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th April 2010 at 11:19. Reason: Fixing quote.
Old 17th April 2010, 22:26   #35
BHPian

sorry,i phrased that badly but you've addressed my query. thank you.

but,fiat doesn't approve of sunfilm on the rear,i suppose this would void warranty.

thanku greenhorn,i will go over the thread.

Note from Mods : Please use punctuation and capitalization properly. Make sure you take a look at this thread (Expected Posting Etiquette) for details. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th April 2010 at 11:20. Reason: Please make sure you see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team. Thanks.
Old 17th April 2010, 23:12   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
which films have you used?
does the defogger work equally well?
i have basic Llumar film installed, i dont remember the model no. and Price.

If you ever get the rear glass film removed do not let them use metal blades(or anything that damages the defogger).

Last edited by .anshuman : 17th April 2010 at 23:14.
Old 17th April 2010, 23:36   #37

Not a problem..

... I've it (the sunfilm)on my WagonR right since the day I bought it, almost 4 years ago and the Defogger works perfectly fine.
Don't be taken away by those at-times foolish answers from the company. Go ahead and beat the heat with the those films

And in any case, films as well as Defoggers have been in use for a long time now, and am pretty sure that the technology used for the same (defogger) is nothing different in the Punto as well...
Old 5th May 2013, 20:47   #38
BHPian

Re: Rear defogger not working

does anybody have an idea who repairs defoggers in mumbai?
Old 1st August 2013, 00:52   #39
BHPian

Hi everyone,

Rear glass on my Scorpio VLX was replaced yesterday morning by Windshield experts. Fit and and finish is good but on my way to office, it was raining heavily and I switched on the rear defogger. I noticed that after repeated attempts, the defogger didn't do its job and mist on the rear glass remained as-is. On closer inspection, I found that one of the sockets (on the newly installed rear-glass) was hanging loose with the cable from the backdoor connected to it. My earlier glass and it's defogger were working all fine (and hence I don't suspect it to be a wiring issue) but alas was broken by someone due to mistake. I called up Windshield guys immediately and they refused saying it's not their problem since they won't install a glass which could be faulty. My mistake is that I didn't check it properly but will still try my luck later in the day today to convince them to fix or replace the glass. So here is my query, in the event that Windshield Expert outlet refuses to replace the glass, can this defogger socket be fixed back to its original location with soldering/conductive epoxy etc? Has anyone tried this? Or do I live without the defogger? Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers
Sid
Old 1st August 2013, 02:05   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid1509 View Post
in the event that Windshield Expert outlet refuses to replace the glass, can this defogger socket be fixed back to its original location with soldering/conductive epoxy etc?
Yes, it is possible to fix the rear defogger in this manner. A typical repair workshop would check for the continuity of each of the lines and fix them using 'conductive paint'. They can then check the sockets and solder any broken wiring that leads to the defogger grid. You can also perform it yourself using the required material (solder and soldering iron, 'conductive paint', masking tape) and a multimeter for testing.
Old 4th August 2013, 22:29   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid1509 View Post
.....can this defogger socket be fixed back to its original location with soldering/conductive epoxy etc? Has anyone tried this? Or do I live without the defogger? Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers
Sid
http://www.permatex.com/products/pro...dhesive-detail

hopefully this product should come helpful (try Amazon or other sources to buy)

even they have solution to repair the grids (conductive lines).
http://www.permatex.com/products/pro...air-kit-detail

I have personally not used these products, but came across (google) when my new vehicle was installed with sun film on rear windshield, and the defogger was kaput at many places. I found that many places the grid is erased, but Im just living with it !
Old 11th January 2014, 01:02   #42
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have a clue,if we can purchase de fogger repairing kit here in india?
Old 16th January 2014, 12:32   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Does anyone have a clue,if we can purchase de fogger repairing kit here in india?
not sure in India, but could locate on Amazon / eBay.uk

http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-15067...m/B000HBI9YQ/2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Technicqll...item3cda953422

try it and do give feedback
Old 17th January 2014, 20:17   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
You can also perform it yourself using the required material (solder and soldering iron, 'conductive paint', masking tape) and a multimeter for testing.
A single strip of my rear defogger seems to have failed. I have the materials required for soldering. But what is this 'conductive paint' and how do I procure it?
Old 20th January 2014, 11:51   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman689 View Post
how do I procure it?
http://www.siltechcorporation.com/co...0products.html
Contact Person : Mr. Kumar Ghorpade Address : No. 37, 5th Cross, Doddamma Industrial Layout, Hulimavu, B.G. Road, Bangalore - 560 076, Karnataka (India) Tel : 41109767 Fax :

http://www.sugandhcorp.com/copper-co...t-1154718.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks