Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2006, 12:14   #1
BHPian

how to test modded cars and bikes.......?

with all the mods, engine swaps, and all that money can do off one's ride......... one thing strikes in my mind where do u test what you have....... firstly there is no dyno anywhere in india though there r a few with the manufacturers which u and me can't access...... secondly not everyone comes to track to the push the limits of there ride... nither are there enough tracks nor have access where one can test......... third there are no more than 2 legal drags country wide......... then where on the earth do you test ur ride in indiato know how well your mod is succeeded for the gild u have paid...............

Last edited by memo45_m : 3rd August 2006 at 12:19.
Old 3rd August 2006, 12:21   #2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo45_m
with all the mods, engine swaps, and all that money can do off one's ride......... one thing strikes in my mind where do u test what you have....... firstly there is no dyno anywhere in india though there r a few with the manufacturers which u and me can't access...... secondly not everyone comes to track the push the limits of there ride... nither are there tracks where one an test......... third there are no more than 2 legal drags country wide......... then where on the earth do you test how well your mod is succeeded for the gild u have paid...............

Hi,

There are 2 private dynos in India to the best o fmy knowledge. One with Leela I think in Coimbatore and the other with J Annand.

As far as the other question goes you can use a Gtech machine to see how fast your 0-100 and qtr mile timings have improved over stock which should be a good enough benchmark.

The there are those innumerable midnight races held very discreetly where you can test your machines and skills(at your own risk as they are illegal). They happen all over India in most major metros you just need to know the right sources to find out when they happen. Hint most performance tuners will know in advance of them.

Viper

PS- Please note T-BHP does not promote or advocate any kind of illegal racing. Pl adhere to all the rules of the land.

Last edited by viper : 3rd August 2006 at 12:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks