Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2014, 13:46   #16
BHPian

re: Audi A6 engine problems. EDIT: Court orders Audi to repair the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
All said and done, under what jurisdiction are they holding up your car and not returning it to you? You can simply file a police complaint and claim your car back. Also if they are refusing to carry out the repairs on your car even though you are willing to pay the whole cost, then again it just makes your case in the court more strong. This is outright ridiculous. If such tactics are being followed then what is the option left with the customer? To gather a mob or a team of goons and then go claim your car? Really really frustrating.
+1

I too am astounded that the dealer has clung on to the vehicle. Whatever the merits of the warranty-dispute, it is plain theft to physically appropriate a vehicle and deny return of custody -- unless perhaps (theoretically) the owner has refused to pay for charges incurred which does not seem to be the case if this blog post is to be believed. This would cut a very sorry figure for both the dealer and by association, VAG.
Kumar R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 14:46   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Why all the costs mentioned in pounds (£) instead of Rupees (₹) ? Makes it hard to understand the real cost.
That's true. Can anyone enlighten me why the currency has been mentioned in pounds rather than in INR? Since the person directly involved is not there to give explanations or replies regarding the queries raised by our fellow members, this thread will again blindly go towards bashing Audi just like Skoda. Does the court approve the usage of foreign currency when the car has been purchased in INR in a complaint? What is the advantage the owner gains by quoting like that?
infinitewheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 16:19   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Thread temporarily closed.

This entire complaint is based on one wordpress blog entry by an anonymous person. Sorry, but we cannot allow it in the current state.

Before proceeding any further, we'd need to see hard evidence (pictures, service history documents etc.). If the A6 owner wishes to validate this complaint - and we recommend he should - please send them over on the email address listed here.
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 18:03   #19
Team-BHP Support

The owner of the Audi A6 has written in to us :

Quote:
Hi guys,

I noticed that you published my blog on your website and subsequently closed the post with the below message. Just to confirm, I am not an anonymous entity and I am happy to be part of the forum to answer any questions. I have also sent you a link to the petition filed in court which has all the supporting documents you’ve mentioned below.

Also, as an update, the consumer court has today morning ordered Volkswagen India to fix my car and return it to me. They are to provide me with a cost estimate within a week for which I need to deposit the money in the court and not with VW – this is with no prejudice to my rights and contentions.

Thanks,
Sahil

Once we get scans of Service Records, we will share them here and re-open the thread.

Thanks,
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th October 2014 at 18:25.
Rehaan is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 17:37   #20
Team-BHP Support

The thread has been re-opened.

Here's the latest email from Sahil:
As promised, I am attaching some documents for your reference. Attachments 10, 11 and 13 pertain to the issue when it occurred in Dec 2013 and documents from 20 onwards pertain to the same issue recurring in June 2014. Service quotes from Audi are also included in these – you will notice that while they quoted me over INR 4lacs for repairs in Dec 2013, in one of the emails, their customer delight manager lets it slip that the repairs carried out were only worth approx. 1.5lacs and some key components were never replaced.

Thanks and regards,
Sahil
Dec 2013 service quote:
Audi A6 engine problems. EDIT: Court orders Audi to repair the car-servicebill.png

Communication with customer delight manager:
Audi A6 engine problems. EDIT: Court orders Audi to repair the car-email.png

Assurance letter from HP regarding fuel quality:
Audi A6 engine problems. EDIT: Court orders Audi to repair the car-hp-letter.png

Other communication documented below:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 10.pdf (95.3 KB, 994 views)
File Type: pdf 11.pdf (86.9 KB, 1234 views)
File Type: pdf 13.pdf (247.7 KB, 455 views)
File Type: pdf 20.pdf (70.6 KB, 2089 views)
File Type: pdf 21.pdf (130.7 KB, 1247 views)
File Type: pdf 23.pdf (187.2 KB, 1320 views)
File Type: pdf 26.pdf (247.5 KB, 446 views)
File Type: pdf 28.pdf (167.6 KB, 1692 views)
File Type: pdf 31.pdf (153.4 KB, 1467 views)

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st October 2014 at 17:38.
Rehaan is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 19:27   #21
Senior - BHPian

Manufacturers who state fuel quality issues for everything going faulty need to take a HIKE from India. They think like the imported German tin bags they bring here, the user will import the fuel from Germany too.

This has become a norm here. Either adapt the car for Indian conditions or don't bring it here at all. A car is meant to be driven all around the country. Fuel will be filled from a BS4 city and a BS3 city. Fuel will be filled from a petrol pump at BKC or a Petrol Pump at Bikaner. If it can't run in both these worlds, it deserves to be called unreliable in CAPITAL LETTERS.
humyum is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 11:29   #22
BHPian

I fail to understand the problem with the VAG group in India.
Considering that somebody spends their hard earned money on these so called "luxurious cars" , they at least expect not to be harassed and go through such hassles, let alone having to pay such huge sums of money for problems that most certainly are manufacturing faults.

Over and above this, the ignorance and disregard displayed by the company is highly unprofessional and unethical.

Personally, I think the biggest problem is the lack of professionally trained mechanics and service advisors. They highly lack professional skills, and this also shows in the way they treat the cars.

Having repaired the car earlier with the same fault, such a problem should not re occur. But, it is their incompetency in diagnosing and fixing the problem completely that made it re-emerge.

Audi was number 1 last year in terms of their sales. Partly because of the mad rush for their Q3 "SUV", but despite these large sales, the number of service centres remains low, and it takes them 2-3 days just for a normal annual service, after which the car is returned in a poor state.

Were we in a country with a strong and citizen centric judicial system, Audi would have probably had to give you a new car, along with a big sum of money for inconvenience and harassment.

Because of our lax laws, these companies are making fortunes in our country, yet are treating its people like *h*t. Look at all the emissions it terms of safety in the hatchback segment.

Jaguar in the UK, is the most preferred brand when it comes to A.S.S, but come to India and Jaguar is probably the last car you want to take to the service centre.

Similar is the case with Skoda. I think, these companies should make more elaborate modifications before launching these cars in our country, rather than blaming the conditions for any issues that occur in the car. It is the manufactures responsibility to make sure that the car runs properly in the environments it is sold in.

I personally believe, Lexus should set foot in our country, and show these manufacturers how to treat customers and make cars that are reliable.

Last edited by prakhar1998 : 1st November 2014 at 11:33.
prakhar1998 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 11:55   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

+1 humyum. This adulterated fuel excuse is seriously a sham. More so when all other cars are running fine for lakhs of kms on the same fuel. So unless you design your equipment to match the road standards on our country, there is no point in selling them.

A lesson to be learn from all these cases is: Most of us just rely on verbal communication while dealing with service centres. From now on, I am going to ask them to Email me everything that has transpired. God knows when and where things will go wrong.
Old 1st November 2014, 12:42   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhar1998 View Post
I fail to understand the problem with the VAG group in India....
The blame lies partly on us too.

As the adage goes, "If idiots exist, looters will exist too".

We've seen more than enough of atrocities from VW and group, and we still see even the informed ones lining up for their cars.

Isn't there something wrong in our decision making process?

I, for one, wouldn't touch VW group of cars and Tata motors' cars even with a barge pole. For, the occasions these companies have shown intent to resolve customer issues is almost next to nil. And that, before even considering reliability, quality and service issues, these companies are known for.

It's time we listen to sensibility rather than just prestige!

Last edited by CliffHanger : 1st November 2014 at 12:55.
CliffHanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 12:51   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Heartiest congratulations to the owner!

Consumer court asks Audi India to carry out repairs in A6 2.0 TDI

Quote:
One Om Prakash Verma and his son Sahil Verma have sought damages of R1.5 crore from the German car maker on the ground that the preferred fuel recommended for use in such a luxury car for “hassle free operation is not available in India, thus such cars are not fit for Indian fuel conditions”.

While issuing notice to the Volkswagen Group, Audi India and other senior officials, the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission on Thursday asked the company to carry out the necessary repairs and also asked the complainants to deposit the cost of repairs in the court itself.

The VW counsel did not reply to FE’s queries.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 12:53   #26
D4D
BHPian

Re: Audi A6 engine problems. Audi blames it on fuel quality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Either adapt the car for Indian conditions or don't bring it here at all. A car is meant to be driven all around the country. Fuel will be filled from a BS4 city and a BS3 city.
Well said. And I totally agree. The car simply has to run on fuel filled from any pump.
  • Look at those Logans doing duties as taxis. They can't fill at the pump of their choice.
  • Look at those Indica's which are driven as Taxis. No problem with our fuel.
  • Look at the Toyota Innova's which do lakhs of kms. They have no option but to fill in rural areas.
  • And countless more examples.
Then why Audi's must have a problem with fuel in our country?

Many cars do 2-5 lakh km with no problem using Indian diesel.

Quoting from Amaze's review:

Quote:

Despite Honda's earlier complaints of Indian fuel quality, this engine has been tested extensively with poor quality diesel and it ran just fine

A resin fuel strainer is fitted in the diesel engine
Look's like Audi isn't doing the testing and modification required. Just a negligence on their part.
D4D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 13:08   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The article in the financial express is so laughable. Just depicts why these big companies make a mockery of our system. Instead of mentioning the real reason for the case, the article gives you an impression that the owner is seeking compensation because in the advertisement Audi marketed it as a premium car for India whereas in reality they import it as CKD and assemble it here. Frustrated!!

On a side note is the case closed? Any compensation awarded to the complainant? The good thing is that the court started the proceedings within a month of filling the case. Gives us some hope unlike Harish's case where It took years for a verdict.

Last edited by drmohitg : 1st November 2014 at 13:11.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 13:10   #28
BHPian

Re: Audi A6 engine problems. EDIT: Court orders Audi to repair the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
The blame lies partly on us too.

As the adage goes, "If idiots exist, looters will exist too".

We've seen more than enough of atrocities from VW and group, and we still see even the informed ones lining up for their cars.

Isn't there something wrong in our decision making process?

I, for one, wouldn't touch VW group of cars and Tata motors' cars even with a barge pole. For, the occasions these companies have shown intent to resolve customer issues is almost next to nil. And that, before even considering reliability, quality and service issues, these companies are known for.

It's time we listen to sensibility rather than just prestige!
While your point stands valid to some extent, I personally believe that ASS and reliability is certainly not the only criterion that I for one judge whilst buying a car. While these cars (read European) certainly fail to impress when it comes to reliability, esp. in India. They are way ahead of their competition in terms of driving dynamics and technology. And partially because of their will to give newer technology a chance, is what makes them fair sometimes poorly at reliability. Look at the 7 speed dry clutch DSG for example. It is a marvel in terms of technology, but it has a poor track record in terms of reliability.

When I buy a car, I give more importance to whether it will give me a smile when I push it around a corner, or when I floor the throttle, rather than the satisfaction I garner looking at the cheap bill I receive from the ASS.

While I certainly believe VAG can better itself a lot. I don't believe they are cars that should totally be avoided just because their is a possibility you might face a problem.

I have been a happy customer of Skoda since the past 8 years, and my Octavia that has run 150,000 kilometres still pulls like a train when I floor it. No squeaks, or rattles.

Last edited by prakhar1998 : 1st November 2014 at 13:11.
Old 1st November 2014, 13:15   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A very welcome development. Hope Audi has the sense to make it right for the customer with out dragging this further in courts like in case of Skoda.

I can't figure out why Audi does not have the good sense to know that the more news of sup-par products, and ownership experience comes out the more it is going to harm their brand and that is what customers pay for when buying these 'luxury' cars. or May be it just doesn't care enough and takes our country for a bunch of suckers used to sub par treatment. Makes me never want to even consider their products.
charanreddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 13:28   #30

Hi guys,

I am the owner of the A6 under discussion and my BHP membership has just been approved.

I've been following the thread closely and it's been very heartening to see that a number of you share my frustration and disbelief at the adulteration excuse Audi is hiding behind and the manner in which they handle customer care. I've faced this for over 18 months and I am very glad to be part of this community where the collective view seems to be aligned to the way I see the situation rather than the BS that Audi has been trying to shove down my throat.

Since I've put this out there, numerous instances of disgruntled customers have surfaced and it's surprising how they've got away with it! They would've got screwed in any of the western markets by now - Audi HO would've had to step in, investigate and do a complete overhaul of product and service quality standards and recycle the management team plus run a PR campaign to repair the damage. Here in India, they think it is cool to screw their customers cos there are many idiots like me who think that the Audi brand promise and service delivery would be consistent across the globe!

I am now available to answer any questions or provide further information as may be required. In court, VW argued that they should not be fixing my car as it is the responsibility of the dealership. The judge emphasised that it's their product and hence their responsibility to fix it in whichever way they seem fit. I am now awaiting a fee estimate before depositing the money in court. Will keep you posted.
sahilverma is offline   (32) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks