Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 20:49   #166
BHPian

any idea about the availability and pricing of sequential LPG kits ? I have read that the chevy spark LPG comes fitted with sequential LPG with its own LPG ECU
Old 17th July 2009, 13:04   #167
BHPian

Thanks Highnoon and dhrishikesk

The problem is identified with vapouriser diaphram and its cleaned. Now car car runs smoothly though the pickup is observed to be little less.

The service advisor told to replace diaphram if the problem returns.
Old 30th July 2009, 15:44   #168
Senior - BHPian

Anyone done hydrostatic testing of the lpg tank? My car's tank is due next month. what is the cost and procedure involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Gigy,

do you still have the kit with you? If you are planning to sell it off...what price are you expecting for it and how old is the kit.

Regards,

Rahul K
sorry for the very late reply rahul, i have come to this thread after a long time. i was not selling my car kit anyways, planning to convert it to sequential one onyl. dont know in the process which of the components will come out though

Last edited by gigy : 30th July 2009 at 15:52.
Old 31st July 2009, 15:19   #169
Senior - BHPian

I suppose nobody have come to the life limit of the lpg tank till date here(has to be certified every 5 years). My installer has shut shop else i could have contacted him on this?
Old 17th August 2009, 17:02   #170
Senior - BHPian

I found at a reputed dealer/installer HST will cost around 1500 for lpg tank since he usually dose it for cng tanks only. I was surprised a reputed dealer will said so. Are lpg owners running the car without looking at papers?
Anyways i have decided to change the tank itself to toroidal to free boot space.
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:27   #171
BHPian

Where to Repair my Minda-Impco LPG kit in Mumbai?

Hi

I have a 2002 1.5Exi Honda City. We had got a Minda-Impco LPG kit fitted from Vashi Auto Enterprises (New Bombay) in 2005. The LPG kit has not been working since the last few years. The car is working fine on Petrol, but the moment I try switching to LPG the engine dies out.

I want to know where in Mumbai can I get it repaired or serviced.

Vashi Auto enterprises is now a service centre for Force Motors, and do not service or fit Gas kits any more. No one there has any idea about LPG/CNG kits.

Would request if any one can guide me where to get this checked.

Regards,

Kunaal Saigal

kunaalsaigal@yahoo.com

+91 9820141006
Old 13th August 2014, 20:40   #172
BHPian

Re: LPG Conversion - Experience/Queries

I am not sure if this thread is still alive however i am in desperate need of help and hence reaching out

I recently sold my 7 year old wagonR duo (LPG+Petrol) and in process of getting it transferred to the new owner. The agent who is trying to help with the transfer formalities has come back and asked for a LPG certificate.

Apparently the original certificate was applicable for a period of 5 years and has expired in 2012. I couldn't find any procedure on any of the RTO sites for re-certification. Hence looking for pointers to resolve the matter
Old 16th August 2014, 23:23   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post
Hence looking for pointers to resolve the matter
Yes, the LPG cylinder has to be checked every 5 years for structural integrity by hydro-testing it. You can ask the new owner to get the cylinder removed and hydro tested. This is the certificate he is talking about. After the hydro test certificate is issued, the RTO agent will most likely have to get the car inspected by the rto officials.
Old 8th October 2014, 18:23   #174
BHPian

Out of curiosity I would like to know how good or bad are sequential LPG kits on a Turbo charged petrol engine (like in Fiat Linea Tjet).
AFAIK linea is otherwise a very reliable car, will it suffer from any serious problems if a sequential gaskit is fitted in it.

All Petrol heads on TeamBhp, please don't kill me for asking this question
Old 24th October 2016, 15:16   #175

Petrol vs LPG usage. Which one is better?

Hi Guys, I'm using Hyundai i10 Blue Drive, a company provided LPG kit car. I've been hearing from several people that using LPG much can damage the engine and suggest me to use petrol more. Is this really true?. Since, LPG is more economical compared to Petrol, I mostly use LPG for my daily commute. Only in case of an empty LPG tank and if there is no availability of any LPG station nearby I use petrol, till I find an LPG station. Can someone please throw some light in this area and help me provide a better understanding on the impact of these two fuels on my car engine.
Old 24th October 2016, 15:30   #176
Team-BHP Support

Re: Petrol vs LPG usage. Which one is better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravivarmav View Post
Hi Guys, I'm using Hyundai i10 Blue Drive, a company provided LPG kit car.
If it is a company provided kit, your engine should work just fine without compromising on life. And since you are already using petrol mode once in a while, that should keep the petrol system also working well.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 15:45   #177
Senior - BHPian

Re: Petrol vs LPG usage. Which one is better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravivarmav View Post
Hi Guys, I'm using Hyundai i10 Blue Drive, a company provided LPG kit car. I've been hearing from several people that using LPG much can damage the engine and suggest me to use petrol more. Is this really true?.
It is unfortunate that people still talk about LPG kits without even understanding things. There are 2 types of LPG available in the market, one is Auto LPG and the other is domestic LPG. Auto LPG is cleaner and refined for use in automobiles. LPG is a dry gas it damages engine components. Sequential LPG kits use Common rail injection to spray gel and is ignited by Spark plug. Domestic LPG has a higher density and is not a refined fuel. People who cry about problems due to LPG always transfer fuel from cylinders to LPG tanks in the car using some cheap aftermarket pumps. The other bad practice commonly observed is not maintaining enough petrol level in a car, which in causes damage to fuel pump. Auto LPG does not cause any damage to an engine, enjoy your car and don't worry about such comments.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 15:49   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
Out of curiosity I would like to know how good or bad are sequential LPG kits on a Turbo charged petrol engine (like in Fiat Linea Tjet).
AFAIK linea is otherwise a very reliable car, will it suffer from any serious problems if a sequential gaskit is fitted in it.

All Petrol heads on TeamBhp, please don't kill me for asking this question
You are not the only one who asked this question, me too asked this question when I was working with a turbo design/manufacturing company. I did not get an answer till I stayed in that company. Turbo's work on exhaust gas re-circulation and fuel wise the exhaust temperature of petrol and LPG are similar. There are turbo-charged LPG vehicles in Europe.

Most Viewed