Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2006, 16:23   #1
BHPian

Please advice and help...

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Hello Friends,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]I am ne comer in this forum.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I Purchased my SWIFT-VXI in the month of October, 2005.As it was my first car I was unable to drive it properly and hence used it very rarely.I completed only 550 Kms.in 1.5 months when I got my first servicing done.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]After that I planned a trip and hired a driver for same.He drived the car at the speed of 100-110kmph during that journey.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I wish to know that as my car had not completed 1000 kms at that time(though first servicing was over),should I have maintained speed of 60kmph only?
Is there any possibility that my car has suffered some technical problem due to the speed it was driven?How should I get it checked?[/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 3rd August 2006, 17:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

Don't worry. Nothing's happened to your car. Unless your driver drove at 120 kmph in 3rd gear throughout the distance, you've got nothing to worry about. Just remember to keep the engine revs below 3000-3500 R.P.M., no matter which gear you are in. And yes, don't pull the car for too long in the first 3 gears. That's it.
Old 4th August 2006, 20:15   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
Don't worry. Nothing's happened to your car. Unless your driver drove at 120 kmph in 3rd gear throughout the distance, you've got nothing to worry about. Just remember to keep the engine revs below 3000-3500 R.P.M., no matter which gear you are in. And yes, don't pull the car for too long in the first 3 gears. That's it.
Hey veyron, How can you be so sure? There could have been some damage which would not show up immediately. No matter what, when you break the rules of " Running -in" you are sure to reduce the engine life. A new engine needs to be treated like a new born baby and you cannot punish it like a brat.

So long....
Old 4th August 2006, 20:32   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy
Hey veyron, How can you be so sure? There could have been some damage which would not show up immediately. No matter what, when you break the rules of " Running -in" you are sure to reduce the engine life. A new engine needs to be treated like a new born baby and you cannot punish it like a brat.

So long....
Varun,

Can we give that poor soul some peace of mind? he says the driver drove at speeds of 100-110... he did not say the car was punished like a brat... unless the car was under hard acceleration/decleration, the speed part alone would not have ruined the engine to an extent we should be worried about. Sure, it is good practice to keep the speed to the 80's and revs below 3000 as much as possible during the break-in period.

Raja, as long as your hired driver did not push the car hard or beyond 3500 RPM, you can rest assured that there was no big damage done to your car.

Sri
Old 8th August 2006, 16:00   #5
BHPian

thanks

Thank you friends for your replies.
My driver did not revd.it more than 3000-3500 at any point of time.I had a watch on it as i was sitting on co-passenger seat.

I did not object on speed because first servicing was done,though the 1000 kms.mark was not through.

I had posted same query at Maruti website.The technical,expert has assured me not to worry but has advised to get vehicle checked by a diagonistic tool called as TECH-2,if at all vehicle is behaving abnormally.

Any more inputs are most welcome.

Most Viewed