Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2015, 10:41   #16
BHPian

Re: Key remote fob - Battery drain

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
Just out of curiosity how much did the new battery cost and what is its model number?

I ask because the fake versions of button cells are available plenty in the market. In my case the original CR1620 that worked cost Rs.150 while the fake one that did not work at all cost Rs.40. The fake was purchased from a local store while the original was picked up from a reputed watch service center.
I got a Panasonic CR 2032 (3V) for 130 bucks.

Cheers!
Old 22nd April 2018, 06:24   #17

My Maruti Ciaz Key Fob trouble

My Ciaz Zxi+ is 3 years old. I am getting half full pen cell battery display on my instrument panel and stays for some time after I start the car. I sent the car to dealership but they said all batteries are OK. I continue to get the symbol. What could be the issue and how do I solve?
Thanks
Ravi
Old 22nd April 2018, 12:02   #18

Had same issue in my two year old Ciaz Zdi+. Tried using the second remote fob, but the half full battery display continued to displayed for some time after car was started. Went to MASS. They replaced the battery of the fob and then logged onto the OBD system with a laptop and cleared the error from history. Has been a month since then with no issues. They charged some 70 odd rupees for the battery replacement. Hope this helps.
Old 8th April 2019, 17:00   #19
MSA

Don't know if passage of time suggests that this problem has ceased to be! I am currently facing this problem with my XUV 500 battery. I was perennially worried about battery getting weak and one fine day, the alarm started popping about need to change the battery. I started using the spare - that lasted for some time before the duplicate key was generating similar alerts. Off I went to Amazon and bought two Panasonic CR 232 batteries.
Within a month or so, I started getting the alerts again! I then bought Duracell for one of the keys. This seems to be better than the Panasonic. So I took the key fob apart, cleaned, dusted and wiped the battery (may be it was dirty / oily?). It worked fine for one day but then is back to its old self of perpetually warning me.

So if you are still facing same issue, I would suggest change of battery. I tried two different battery stores and they had only Sony battery (3V), so may be you need some other company. Panasonic isn't working for me.

Make sure for worst case scenario, at least the duplicate key is fine.

Try taking the key apart and cleaning for dust, etc.

Something I have not done, may be you need a volt meter to check if the battery is fine and something is wrong with the key FOB. I am going to keep one as I think it will be generally useful.
Old 8th April 2019, 17:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

I've a 13 year old Elantra and one key fob has life and is functioning even now. You don't have to change the key and lock just by pass it and start using the key like good old days: insert key to open and lock your car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks