Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2006, 17:34   #16
BHPian

While on the topic of denting and painting, did you know that nowadays many big service centres use magnets to repair small body dents. A friend's Baleno (brand new) had a small dent on one door, from its size and shape looked like someone had kneed it. Spectra guys cleaned it out perfectly. No effect on the paint and the new car gloss. They said they use extremely strong magnets to suck out the dent. I was impressed.
Old 22nd August 2006, 10:27   #17
BHPian

@manson: hey i got my ride repaired from atul... Although the job was not satisfactory for 2000 which he had told me earlier. As the repairing just took him 30-40 mins to do it... i was expecting a proper alingning of the front but he just did the kam chalu repairs... but when i asked how much for the unsatisfactory work that you have done he asked just 200 bucks..

I was more than happy to pay him the amount he asked for...

Thanks alot mate!!!
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:52   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
While on the topic of denting and painting, did you know that nowadays many big service centres use magnets to repair small body dents. A friend's Baleno (brand new) had a small dent on one door, from its size and shape looked like someone had kneed it. Spectra guys cleaned it out perfectly. No effect on the paint and the new car gloss. They said they use extremely strong magnets to suck out the dent. I was impressed.

@prabhu
Can you share the garage's contact number? I need help from such an expert in Mumbai. Banged my palio 1.6 stile with the rear of a BEST bus. Got a dent. Nothing happened to bus.

- Amit
Old 23rd January 2008, 14:26   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsingh08 View Post
@prabhu
Can you share the garage's contact number? I need help from such an expert in Mumbai. Banged my palio 1.6 stile with the rear of a BEST bus. Got a dent. Nothing happened to bus.

- Amit

Hi Amit,
This is Spectra Motors, Malad West (Kachpada, to be precise). They are Maruti only (Authorised Service Centre) and I don't think they service Fiats. I too drive one (Petra), and I use the services of Shaman (Sewri). They however, do not use magnets. You can get their contact number from the Maruti website.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks