Team-BHP - Banged my RIDE... PLZ HELP
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Banged my RIDE... PLZ HELP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/15774-banged-my-ride-plz-help.html)

Hey guys
i just banged my ride 3 days ago on marine drive.

was speeding and a santro just ahead of me came to an emergency halt i hit my brakes hard wat felt like a normal distance for the car to halt to my surprise the car skrecheed and colided with the santro.

the front left hand side of the car has come back a bit. even the hood was bent a bit.

help me out guys where can i get it repared it at an economical garage as i dont wanna do unnecessary expenditure coz after a month im getting my exterior modified with body kits and a new paintjob....

i need a garage who can just level out the front portion.

Go to an authorized service center and get them to check the car. Be around while they do that if you have the time, because there might be some damage to the front of the car (radiator, suspension etc).

If they say its just cosmetic/panel damage then ask them what the cost of repairs is. It will probably be high, but if you're the kind who cares a lot about his car (and if you're modifying it then I'm sure you do), then wouldn't you want to have a car in pristine condition?

Some of these paint shop guys also offer a service called "tinkering" whereby they hammer/bend a panel to remove dents etc. Finish is not perfect but decent, and its a lot cheaper than replacing the panel.

Most large petrol pumps have guys who can do repairs like this, plus there are tons of repair shops around (I got some repairs done at the HP pump at the corner of warden and peddar road once). Ask people who live close to you to find one in your area.

Also try and claim insurance if the costs are gonna be high.

Show a pic if you can. Would help in determining the damage and suggesting a course of action

Herez the image of the portion thatz damaged

@#2#

I dunno if this is available in Mumbai, but in Delhi there was this road side guy who would remove the panel and use small hammers etc. to iron out the dents. I saw him applying petrol before using the hammer to make sure that the paint does not crack. In my case the dent was really big and it was a helluva job, there are no signs of it today even after almost 7-8 years.

Ouch!!.....that must've hurt(psychologically that is!!)...there's a guy in andheri, who does a freakin good job.could also help you with the insurance bit.the best part is you can be present there and see what's being done....p.m me if you want his details

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumwal
I dunno if this is available in Mumbai, but in Delhi there was this road side guy who would remove the panel and use small hammers etc. to iron out the dents. I saw him applying petrol before using the hammer to make sure that the paint does not crack. In my case the dent was really big and it was a helluva job, there are no signs of it today even after almost 7-8 years.

sumwal,
in delhi lingo it is known as 'dry-denting'.
and one can get it done at lot many shops in delhi/mumbai/everywhere. it costs very less than actual denting/painting job done at service stations where new paint never matches with the existing color of car! this dry denting costs abt 150-200 rupees for a dent like yours!

it is one job that needs small tools and big expert hands with patience. donot stant on head of that guy, and let him do the job! see him hitting that body panel from a distance!
i regularly visits such shops in delhi/noida, once every year atleast!lol:

~honda~,
after getting it repaired, do check the focus of lights. coz in such a dent, headlights loses their focus on road.

what happened to the Santro?

One of my friend hit his OHC the same manner with a Maruti Omni & his complete fender & portion of bumper got damaged. But the damages to the omni is minimal (may the way the honda hit omni could be the reason :))

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise
what happened to the Santro?

One of my friend hit his OHC the same manner with a Maruti Omni & his complete fender & portion of bumper got damaged. But the damages to the omni is minimal (may the way the honda hit omni could be the reason :))

hahahaha,
this korean santro seems to be a tough car! atleast from behind!!
mine was hit from behind by an esteem and he lost his radiator, both lights and bumper etc!
damage on mine was just a pressed bumper (reqd some blows and repainting!!) and loss of a good old mudflap, and not a scratch anywhere else!

the santro was hardly damaged...

infact when i banged the santro it moved ahead to bang the Esteem which was in front of santro and the esteems tail light was broken....

The silencer of santro has made a hole in my bumper...

Seriously gonna consider buying a Santro now. Its like a mini Octavia.. built like a tank aparently.

Hey the dent doesn't look too bad. Not worth losing your no claim bonus over something so small.

I know a good garage in Andheri (W) where my family gets all the cars done when we don't want to go to the dealer/service station. Good work and no bull****/overpricing.

Let me know if you want his number.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Hey the dent doesn't look too bad. Not worth losing your no claim bonus over something so small.

I know a good garage in Andheri (W) where my family gets all the cars done when we don't want to go to the dealer/service station. Good work and no bull****/overpricing.

Let me know if you want his number.

Thanks alot buddy for your help...

i stay near Haji Ali and andheri will be too far from my place...

manson provided me a garages number...
just came back from there...

this guy is askin 2000 for pulling out and alingning the front member and 2500 for painting the left fender

Dude you don't need to get all that done since you are getting a new kit in a month anyways.

In Delhi .. for somewhere around 500 bucks, the guy would dry dent the hood, fix up the brackets, close the gaps and make it absolutely OK apart from the paint job. I think rates should be same in Bombay.

Seriously, thats hardly any damage compared to what you made it sound in the first post. The OHC has soft bumpers and body panels so this much damage is no big deal.

IMO, spend 500 bucks on denting shenting and chill for a month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manveet
Dude you don't need to get all that done since you are getting a new kit in a month anyways.

In Delhi .. for somewhere around 500 bucks, the guy would dry dent the hood, fix up the brackets, close the gaps and make it absolutely OK apart from the paint job. I think rates should be same in Bombay.

Seriously, thats hardly any damage compared to what you made it sound in the first post. The OHC has soft bumpers and body panels so this much damage is no big deal.

IMO, spend 500 bucks on denting shenting and chill for a month.

Thatz what i had in my mind but the guy said if u do the denting work now u'll have to do a paintjob as its a rainy season here the body will be rusted...

even i dont see any major denting job... if done carefully i dont think i'll need a painjob... atleast not for time being