Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2017, 10:00   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Enjoy: Power loss + Engine warning light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBLADE View Post
I got an OBD II Bluetooth scanner for diagnosing myself using the Torque App, but for some reason it was not working on my Figo. But the adapter works fine on my father's Ecosport though. Root cause is to be found out whether the problem is due to faulty sensors or with the ECU itself.
Some cars just do not support external OBD 2 scanners, also would suggest you to use Torque Pro, it costs you Rs.250 but it is capable of clearing error codes. The sensors have an unpredictable life cycle and are the main reason for most of the lights you see on your dashboard. In this case, I foresee a failure of Injectors or ECM in the long run.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 10:09   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Enjoy: Power loss + Engine warning light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
I am one of those less fortunate people who owns a Chevrolet Enjoy (D). Other than the incredible 16+ KMPL in city and 24+ KMPL on the highway, the car is a very mediocre automobile. Nothing exciting about it. Has no power, no look, no great ergonomics. Still not able to figure out why I bought this in the first place around 3 yrs ago... wait I do remember - it could carry 7 ppl and cost only 10L . But all said n done the car has never given me any real trouble till recently. Workhorse that it is, has done around 60k kms in 3 years. Other than regular service at Sundaram Chevy/Raghav's Ignite and Tyre changes, no real problems.

But the for the last few months on and off the Engine warning light comes on and whenever this happens there is terrible loss of engine power, the car would only crawl. Both Sundaram Chevy and Raghav at Ignite have not been able to identify the problem. Both of them scanned with using laptop and reset it which resolve the problem for a week or 10 days. What could be the problem? How to resolve this. I am not planning to change the car for the next couple of years unless this is a major problem. Pls help me.
One, dont be mean about the car. She's got a purpose and serves it well, innit?

Second, You dont have a loss of power. Its just the ECU not allowing you to access it because one or the other sensor is telling it something is wrong, and it has judged that regular driving may damage the car. So it has allowed you to limp home. I am surprised at Chevy guys. If the ECU has recognized the fault, they should be able to trace it since an error code HAS to be there.
Have they suggested a super expensive fix? If so, then there's your problem.
Tell them to give you the error codes, or stand over their heads when they scan.
The "reset" that they are doing, you can do it yourself by disconnecting the battery for some time. But a CEL should be looked into in all cases.
Maybe a recommended local fellow this time?
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 21:30   #63
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Enjoy: Oil level falls, goes in for service, comes back with NEW engine!

It’s been long since I updated this thread. Even after the engine swap I had the issue recurring - The loss of power after the engine light glows. I was so irritated, took it back to the service center. Since I know the owner of the Chevy dealership talked to him directly. They gave me a spare vehicle of same variant (Test drive vehicle) and asked 7 working days.

After 3 days the issue was resolved. According to service center the culprit is the faulty stock turbo which came with the second engine. They replaced it with an Australian made turbo as advised by Chevy India. The Australian Turbo costs around 35 thousand if the vehicle is out of warranty.

The issue identified was fuel is getting mixed with the engine oil resulting in viscosity reduction of engine oil. However this happened 20K kilometers back when the vehicle was in warranty period, now its 80K and running fine.
foby.sebastian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 18:00   #64
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Enjoy: Oil level falls, goes in for service, comes back with NEW engine!

Hi guys the car is still with me, clocked 110000 kilometers now. Still running fine, survived the Kerala flood. The Enjoy is the main workhorse in the home. The service and spares is still offered by Chevy which makes it easier to maintain .Running on second set of tires which is up-sized to 205.
foby.sebastian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 19:13   #65
BHPian

OT: I came across this thread today and couldn't help myself from chuckling on this comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post

I have very little hopes for this company to survive here anyway.
@foby - Good to hear that your car is still going strong. Hope it continues doing so for a very long time.
GrandTourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 22:08   #66
Senior - BHPian

Few pics clicked on the trip to Munnar and Vattavada.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Enjoy: Oil level falls, goes in for service, comes back with NEW engine!-1554654803156.jpg  

Chevrolet Enjoy: Oil level falls, goes in for service, comes back with NEW engine!-1554654836527.jpg  

Chevrolet Enjoy: Oil level falls, goes in for service, comes back with NEW engine!-1554654903081.jpg  

Chevrolet Enjoy: Oil level falls, goes in for service, comes back with NEW engine!-1554654963785.jpg  

foby.sebastian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 02:38   #67
Senior - BHPian

150000 kilometres covered and still enjoying weekend trips with full family on board.
foby.sebastian is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks