Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Redline - 7100rpm
Shan2nu
Shan2nu - Is it 7100 or 7200?? I always thought it was 7.2
Old 4th August 2006, 17:15   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shan2nu - Is it 7100 or 7200?? I always thought it was 7.2
7100 is the redline but the cut off point is at around 7200.

Shan2nu
Old 4th August 2006, 21:06   #33
BHPian

Theres a correction as rightly pointed by V1P3r the stroke is 84.5 sorry for that as i had taken that info from a jdm site selling engines but didnt check that they were correct, also c.r is 9.6:1 not 9.2:1

JDM Spec 1.5 vtec
Engine Code: D15B
Valvetrain: SOHC, VTEC, 16 Valve
Displacement: 1493cc
Horsepower: 130hp@6800rpm
Torque: 14.1kg/m@5200rpm
Compression: 9.6:1
Bore: 75mm
Stroke: 84.5mm
OBD: 1
Redline: 7200rpm

Indian Vtec Engine

Engine Code - B15C2
Type - 4-cylinder inline all aluminium alloy
Installation - Transverse
Valvetrain - SOHC 4valve/cylinder with Vtec
Displacement - 1493cc
Bore * Stroke - 75 * 84.5 mm
Comp Ratio - 9:1
Max Power - 106bhp@6800rpm
Max Torque - 132nm "97lbs-ft"@4700rpm
Redline - 7100rpm

Now since both engines are similar in bore & stroke what abt Cam duration & valve lift?whats the ECU used in Indian vtec engine?OBD2 or something else
Old 10th August 2006, 01:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

Viper, since I have tried to be a part of the project as much as I can, I'll try and answer. The engine was rebuilt, because a particular component failed. You can never cross check and double check enough.

The work has been done at somebody else's place, because we rather trust somebody who has specific area of expertise to deal with the issues. Somebody is good at wiring, some are good at modifying the mountings. We rather not mess around with it as much as we would like to ourselves, because the bottomline is , screwups cost money, and its awefully hard to come by these days. Unexperienced souls such as ourselves can involve ourselves to the point that we try and research every bit before we proceed with anything.

And yes, the car is up and running!
Old 10th August 2006, 03:34   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
Now since both engines are similar in bore & stroke what abt Cam duration & valve lift?whats the ECU used in Indian vtec engine?OBD2 or something else
If its pre 95 it would nt be OBD2.

Intake manifold, TB and headers could be different.
Also valve size could be different, but unlikely given similar bore dia. We know the Indian VTEC puts out 115 bhp in Thai spec. Another 15 can easily accomplished with minor tuning. Now this begs the question, Why JDM motor.
Old 10th August 2006, 05:26   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
If its pre 95 it would nt be OBD2.

Intake manifold, TB and headers could be different.
Also valve size could be different, but unlikely given similar bore dia. We know the Indian VTEC puts out 115 bhp in Thai spec. Another 15 can easily accomplished with minor tuning. Now this begs the question, Why JDM motor.
JDM Yr 92-95 are mostly OBD 1, where as indian Vtec was launched some where in yr 2001 (correct me if am wrong) hence it must be different, every ecu has code marked on it like P28,P30, whats the code on indian Vtec ECU? the whole purpose of comparison is that can an indian spec Vtec engine be upgraded to stock level of 130hp(jdm) by using oem parts from jdm 1.5 vtec engines which will be available damn cheap.
i dont think so intake manif&TB are different but what can be different is Pistons,camshaft(valve lift&duration) headers, just imagine indian vtec producing 130hp & with mods like I/H/E & good head job power will increase by approx 10hp or more, so you get 140-145 hp NA power with reliability & no hassle of swaps.its called hybrid modifications by mixing/matching various components from same engine family. its for those people who wants a basic fast car but dont want to go through Swap or turbocharging options.

@nitroxx : i hope you dont take me wrong way i dont intend to discourage your swap, infact i am a part of it now, this is just a thought which crossed my mind hence i posted.i know you have a bigger plans.
Old 10th August 2006, 14:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

OHC is OBD 1, as far as I know. And the Thai Z type Vtec puts out 130 bhp, same as the JDM.
Old 10th August 2006, 18:36   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
OHC is OBD 1, as far as I know. And the Thai Z type Vtec puts out 130 bhp, same as the JDM.
I dont think so,Whats the ecu code printed on ECU BOx? & what are connectors like? below is a pic of different OBD ECU's

From Top to Bottom
OBD II (99-2001)
OBD II (96-98)
OBD I (92-95)
OBD 0 (89-91)
You can cross check the connector pins & see which one matches the above, the one which matches from above is the ecu used in indian vetc & same process for thai spec,however thai & indian spec ECU even though if they use say eg OBD1 or 2, the ECU code # will be different cause it will be running a different map.Hence ecu Code is also important its printed on the ECU Box.

@Mods is it ok to continue discussion here or should we start a separate thread for this if its going off topic?
Old 11th August 2006, 08:21   #39
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod

This thread has received some surgery from the sanitorium!!!!!!

Am not pm'ing the culprits but we expect some civility and stop the petty sniping else........................
Old 11th August 2006, 11:57   #40
Awaiting Email Confirmation

@ rocam youre right on the part where it is possible to get the indian VTEC running at 140-145 hp N/A its actou ually the qestion of the internals,coz if you've noticed the quality of the JDM build then I'm, sure you'd agree that the choice I've made is correct not to mention the change to hydraulic gearbox and ....Jitu the price And ofcourse youre part of this!
Old 11th August 2006, 14:35   #41
BANNED

So what's the status now? All systems running fine?
Old 11th August 2006, 16:07   #42
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Yup cars done its with me...just need help on the hydraulic cylinder bit coz my clutchs running to hard yaar can anybody figure that out...positions fine arms fine placings fine,clutch too have a doubt on the pressure plate though will check that out first and get back to you guys...oh and thank all of you that have been supportive enough to make this happen..
Old 11th February 2015, 22:03   #43
BHPian

Re: JDM D15B vtec motor!

Hi,
I was looking for a definitive guide to all the Honda JDM engines that can be swapped into the Type Z City with minimal or no mounting problems.

If someone could be kind enough to guide me around all the different engines, their specs, pros and cons, and a maybe even a ballpark figure for a used example. I'm sure other novice VTEC enthusiasts like me would appreciate the information.

Thanks.

Note to moderators: Please move the post to an appropriate thread if it's in the wrong one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks